Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Perth - Fundamental - "Children in rave raid net"

gregington

Bluelighter
This in the West Australian today (22 May)
POLICE were shocked to find children as young as 13 at a rave party in Fremantle on Saturday.
Five teenagers who were drunk or on drugs were taken into custody and eight more youths and adults were charged with drug offences.
Police said the drugs were found on people who were milling about outside the Fun Fact'ry on Hampton Road.
Full article here.
There were heaps of young 'uns there... I hope the venue is available again, but somehow I seriously doubt it after this kind of publicity!
Mods... not sure of the right place for this thread... Please move it if it belongs somewhere else..

The police were surprised eh? ...Guess they havn't been to many all age parties... And no, kids should not be going to raves and taking drugs... They can go straight if they want, but at that age drugs shouldn't be taken...
I'll move this over to Drug Discussion...

I'm 17, does that make me one of those kiddies who shouldn't take drugs??
8(
------------------------------------
I thought it was a mint!

Yep. No synthetics for you. Just stick to green like every other teenager.
But really 17 should be the bare minimum for designer drugs and I would hope that people of this age (most of whom are internet friendly) would bother to go and do some research on the topic before going out and munching handfuls of pills and railing massive lines of speed etc. The biggest problem with teenagers is that the are naive of the consequences of overdoing things with drugs and alcohol and are silly enough to overdo it. (I'm not saying that older people aren't as stupid, but they generally are more mature about the situation)
How the hell do they afford to go and take lots of drugs at that age? At 14 I barely ever had any money and I used to put it into other more useful things like dirtbikes and stuff. As for smoking green though, I think that should be a part of every teenagers growing up
wink.gif
. How else are you supposed to get to university
wink.gif
My $0.022 well spent.

Haha, Munchee...
Yeah, the weed is the teen thing to do. You have plenty of time to fuck around with zany chemicals... What do you think uni is for?
------------------
The woods are dark and deep, and you have miles to go before you sleep...

This article aint so bad.
Pretty fair. At least Dan got to have his say, and they published it.
Personally i think all ages raves should be made at least 15+ only.

babu: At 17 I think it depends on your level of maturity... If you're mature enough to treat drugs with respect and use them in moderation, then I'm not going to say no...
But at around age 13 the body is still going through developmental stages so taking drugs is going to have more permanent effects than it would for an adult...
There's been quite a few threads on this topic... Anyone got any links?

It's not just the under-18's that think they are invincible. It seems we are all a little numb to the the idea of "being careful" with possession and being under the influence...
How lucky we are in Perth to have a police force that prefers to focus their resources at targeting the source of drugs (ie. importers) - rather than using their funds to bring in sniffer dogs, search warrants and numbers-in-force at dance parties/raves.
The point I am trying to make is that it seems to me we are losing our vigilance. Complacency is setting in and the ravers are becoming lackadaisical in their approach to handling and consuming. Don't be fooled. The boys in blue ARE watching and just waiting for us to trip ourselves up.
It's not paranoia, it's exercising caution and care in a very dangerous illicit practice.
Please Rave Safe, my friends...

I went to my first rave when I was... hmmm I can't remember
smile.gif
My childhood is a blur. Too much hard drugs. Jokes, I was about 14. I took acid, which I'd been doing at places other than raves for quite some time, and if I hadn't found out about some of my fave DJs playing under one roof that night, I probably would have taken acid elsewhere. If I'd been denied entry cos I was a little tike, I may not have gotten into the scene which has made me what I am today, and helped me through a lot of shyte, and been solace at times, shown me some great people, with great ideas and views, which have helped me grow into who I am, and I wouldn't be helping people take pills as safely and responsibly as possible!! and... blah blah youse know what the scene is about. But for me, it took me away from a much nastier scene and kept me safe.
So yeah... I went to raves as one of 'those kids' and I'm ok... I'm pretty sure I'm better off for it to be honest. I stopped running with da homies, beatin' peeps for pennies and payback, gamin' punks who fucked wit us two mumfs bak. Yo word to the lad I beat so hard with a bat till he couldn't see thru the blood no more.
smile.gif
And shouts to my best friend... who's dead. And cheers to memories of seeing guns laying about, and going for a regular bigass 'beat the fuck out of these c*nts' sessions 'cos they fuct with our shit', and ODing at the age of 16 and nearly dieing myself. (There's more stories if you like
smile.gif
) I stopped doing all that cos I found something better. If I'd been stopped from getting into the scene over the ages of 13-17, I've little doubt my life would suck real hard right now. And I was taking all the drugs I took at raves before I knew what a rave was. I went to a rave before I knew what a rave was!! Just saw a flyer with all these names of DJs I'd been listening to the tunes of and went to listen. I didn't take acid cos I felt it was the done thing at raves.
There's my can of worms, I guess I opened it up and sprayed some worms about the place. I guess my point is, a lot of these kids aren't taking drugs because they're at raves. And they could be doing a lot worse. Maybe having them in this scene is the better thing for them. Stopping them attending is not going to make them stay home and read bookes instead.
The scene is full of drugs, and some kids are going to be exposed to a greater amount of drugs, and greater opportunity for drug taking by attending raves. And sure, they're not aware of the consequences of their actions to a large extent. But some are there for the tunes, and most would be taking drugs anyways. I don't think they're going there expecting to just listen to a DJ and end up bombing a pill because some ddd (dodgy dd) pushed it onto them.
Anyways I don't see it as a cut an dried issue. Everyone's an individual, and I just don't like the idea of disadvantaging everyone to protect the stupidity of a percentage. Basically, they could be doing worse, I say let them grow up how they do, they get more truthful drug education by attending raves than school, and until that changes, I'm happy to see 14year olds at raves, tripping balls and pilling hard
smile.gif
Sure you can listen to your rave tunes at home, I did it plenty of times when I was a teensy bopper!! I even did it whilst tripping and speeding hard
smile.gif
But if I never had the chance to attend events at the Embassy Ballroom, and Midland Wharehouses, I'm sure I'd be in a pretty sucky position today.

*speachless*
Wow. There's the other side to the debate that most people don't really think about much (me included). I guess we shouldn't judge everyone by our own standards and background. Everyone is different, and is there for a different reason. As long as people are there with good intentions, then good luck to them.
Well written entropope.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

See? Kids in Perth/Melb/wherever are just no good.
wink.gif
I just dunno wots wrong wiv the yoof o' t'day.

entropope, Well fuck me you have just proven that there is no magic formula for when and how and why you/me/everyone should take drugs. I guess I now have to re assess my opinion of underage drug taking.
------------------
To the one you feel in the metronome of your mind.
Does it offend you that our rhythm looks strange.
Or causes your thinking to be re arranged.
Could it be that you would understand this beat to which we dance
more clearly had you been given a chance
So as you struggle to find the feel with your feet
Ask yourself can you dance to my beat!

Me and dj ezidick read and re-read that article yesterday, and I've decided that it's mostly BS. For one, there were heaps more than 600 ppl there, 2200 tix sold... And there was still heaps of room to dance and run around. And there weren't that many really young kids either. The youngest I saw was 10, but he was with his mum and sister. I don't know where they were hiding...
If the owners thought that it was a bluelight disco that went till 6am and had overagers, they must be pretty stupid.
My $0.02
------------------
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall be forever amused.

It's stupid how they stuck that big article about the ice bust right underneath it.

OOOO goody, the ol' 'underage people doin drugs' debate.
As much as us older people get pissed off with them sometimes, its apart of the scene, and to an extent it makes for a better atmosphere.
who gives a shit how old u r when u do drugs rather than age we've gotta look how responsible the person is who does it. Most of the time tho responsiblity comes with age.
Personally, its not the fact that the people who do pills and stuff are younger now, its just they don't know how to handle the responsibilty (no i am not a nark).
For instance recently a friend of mine met a chick about 16, that was pregnant and trying to force and abortion by taking E, now that is fucked up!
While i'm at it...
the media is fucked in the head, especially the 'west australian'.
They take any small bit of news and conceptualise it and turn it around into a bad story make people like us (by that i mean, ravers, partiers or whatever) look like all we go there is for drugs. Sure, some people go there for that alone, but its that small minority that the media use as a stereotype. The problem with the media is that people believe them, and they end up grabbing the rest of society by the nuts.
Ok enuff ranting, if anyones interested i'll post some more stuff about the 'west australian'
(i really dont like that paper as you may have gathered, dont even get me started on 'the sunday times')[sorry for ranting btw, its just i failed a kinda imprtant test today and hjave to blame someone
frown.gif
]

I find it pretty worrying when I see 12/13 yr olds at raves. Especially when those same kids are under the influence of drugs. Ecstasy is a powerful drug, I know it really knocks me around, So I'd hate to think what it does to these young kids.
What gets me, is how these kids afford the money to go to raves and take drugs. At that age I had to relie on my parents for everything. And theres no way in hell I would have been allowed to go to a rave at that age.

I remember I first started at 17. At first I was unsure about takeing pills so I took the time and did the research. Now I take them all the time (well in moderaton that is). Anyway rather then bagging raves and the drugs taken at them, The West Australian should have replaced the article with some education (Yeah I know we all hate that word)on drugs, but then again they have done that before and they always portray it as bad.
One of use should send in a letter to them about the errors they made in the artice and also include our views. Hopefully they then publish the letter in the letter section and do better research next time. I would do it but im not good at writing letters.
Oh and I know where these little kiddies get the money from. They get it from these fast food places that like to employ 14 year olds because there cheap laboure. So maybe we should be blaming them.
I agree with Entropope these raves are a good way to get kids of the streets and make them feel part of a group that likes to have fun, rather then destroying the nabourhood. At least there taking the drugs at a place which has adults and people who are educated on drugs rather then by them selfs where there is no one around to help them if something serouse happens.
[This message has been edited by Ean (edited 26 May 2001).]

Well - I tell yas what - god dam u's are all excellent at constructive discussion and debate ..
U have definately made me evaluate .. but i'm still unconvinced that kids should be allowed into an arena where drugs are so easily obtainable and where drugs are accepted amongst the majority of the crowd.
& I'm not talking about the level headed 17 yr old here - hell i've got a close friend who's been going out with us since he was 16 {Every 1 thinking he was 18+ - he he, hey babe - u know who u are
wink.gif
}.
What I am talking about is 'kids'. I mean Fundamental was my first all-ages rave and well it substantially did my head in. I saw this kid (the one in the blue shirt - spiky hair) and I was like WTF! and person the girl beside the boy saw my facial expression and i asked her in an exhasperated voice "How old is he?" her reply being slightly defensive "He's 10 & I'm his sister!" .. and i shrunk away going "Okay" ... thinking "Wrong!!"
I mean the fun factory is open in the day time for kids like that to play with other 10 yr old kids. To me it's like a parent doing drugs in front of their kids and then saying - "Oh but i'd never let them do it- they'd get their asses kicked from here to kingdom come if they did - and i keep all my drugs in a locked box in my cupboard" ...
Hello! - its about the msg being sent to these guys ... how much more impressionable were u between the ages of 10 and 16?? God i know i did stupid things - but this is basically society saying here - ur allowed into this arena where it's obvious drugs are quite obtainable .. to me its crossing the line.

meh
try to get the idea to me that I shouldn't have been allowed to go to Entropy at Midland wharehouses in 1995? hahahaha. That night changed my life! I learnt a lot, I heard a lot!! and I came out of a very intense doseage of acid much better off!
Try to take this one away from me:
Helter Skelter
Saturday July 5th 1997
Buckle yourself in and get ready to thrust into the ever changing world of the HELTER SKELTER technologically orientated leisure system with over 4000 square metres of dance and leisure environments to explore. No expense has been spared in bringing you two totally different musical arenas equipped with the latest in laser and intelligent lighting that the world has to offer.
FEATURING:
HIXXY ~ BRISK
RAMOS ~ SUPREME
SCORPIO
PAUL HOLDEN - HERB
PEE WEE - NIK FISH
KENNY L - PACKER
ROB FENDER - KEVIN
FLEX - MR WHIPPY
DAVE 3D - SIBA
SONIC - PUFF - CHAD D
+ FANATIK PA
TICKETS are $35 [no booking fee]

and you might just cop an earful
wink.gif
I was under 17 for both of those nights. And they changed my life in a very positive way. I wasn't impressionable!! I was tripping way to hard to give a fuck what anyone else was doing!!!
biggrin.gif
mmmmm I still remember that atmosphere.... and my 17y.o. mayte trying to pop the huge balloony ball they threw out into the crowd. hahaha damn underage fuckers!! But I must say... I've seen him do heaps worse outside of a rave venue
smile.gif
Like in the places we'd go hang out cos we didn't have anywhere to go... like public parks and such. Running amok at schools (heeheehee like getting a netball post out of the ground and using as a battering ram for a night?). Blah stories of misspent youth are countless I'm sure... point is, we got up to mischief and took drugs at raves, but we were still kept in check there. If you got too smashed you would have got taken home, if you got too mischievious you'd get thrown out. We never got up to as much naughty kid stuff at raves as we did elsewhere. We never spent the first half of a rave night fighting, and the second half in hospital wards! Did a few times whilst not at raves tho!! Perhaps my youth is not so representative of your average 15yo raver. But the idea still stands.
Immaturity sucks and I hate being surrounded by it. But I'd rather embrace the opportunity to give these kids something to do that's safe(ish) and take the chance to educate them and help them out.
They're not going to get into this scene if they're inclined to join the booke club scene are they? If they're getting into raving they're looking for something interesting, a tad rebelious and fun. This is one of the better things they could be doing. And they're getting some form of drug ed. and experience which I think is a good thing in the longer term.
I don't think they're going to take a pill because some ddd tells them they should. And if they do... good luck to 'em!! If they're impressionable then maybe we shouldn't be so stand off styles to them and have a chat to them. Tell them "drugs are bad mmmkay" if you want, but they're not going to listen when you're obviously smashed.
If they're thinking about drugs, may as well let them find out... but I don't think they're going to take drugs because they get exposed to them at a rave. Some may do, but I wouldn't want to see everyone under the age of 16 banned from raving because of it... and how many 16-18yo's have photo ID?
I think it disturbs some people because you see all these kids at once. If you saw them elsewhere in a small group, pilling or whatever you'd just think "fucking kids" maybe? But when they're all together it seems like it's the event that's causing it... but I really don't think it is.