Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Seritone Levels

BlueScorp|on

Bluelighter
Can you raver scientists out there enlighten me on the recovery rate of seritone levels...coz i think i got none left. hehehe
like after a week..should 2 lollies be fine again??
------------------
ITS ALL GOOD!!!
---Mick--- :)

A week break should help. Eating foods such as bananas and turkey can help also. If you can get your hands on 5-HTP supplement tablets (most probably available on the internet via credit card as the legal sale of these in Australia is questionable) they will assist you as well.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

don't forget pineapple! you should be able to get a whole list of other foods somewhere - eating lots bananas and pineapple for a few days before a big night wears thin pretty quick...
------------------
don't knock on death's door - ring his doorbell & run (he hates that)

isn't there already a thread on this in Drug Disscussion??? where this one belongs!
wink.gif

------------------
Bars.

Here's the thread in drug discussion about serotonin restoring foods: http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum35/HTML/000038.html?reload=21
As far as rate of recovery goes, one week is not enough... If you think of one week between pills as a long enough break to recover, you'll quickly find your tolerance building up if you take a pill or more every week...
So as BT said, a week's break would help, but keep doing it every week and you won't be getting the most out of it, and you won't be recovering fully...
BTW, it varies from person to person, so what is a long enough break for one person might not be long enough for others...
Now this should have been in the drug discussion forum, but I don't think there's any need to move it 'cos the question has been answered, and there's more threads on a very similar topic anyway...
Any objections to closing this thread?
[This message has been edited by Tarsarlan (edited 11 May 2001).]

I need at least a month.
I used to go 2 pills every 2 weeks but that fucked me up. ...meh
Pills are a dangerous game, far more dangerous than most people imagine.
What if I told you that you could have a drug that made you feel happier than you've ever felt before for 3+ hours? What if that drug caused permanent brain damage and could possibly negatively effect your quality of life in the future?

Oooohh... sounds like Acid_Reign needs a break
wink.gif
, but he has a good point there and I think we've all heard it before.... Moderation is the key to happiness.
bugg! you hit the nail right on the head. Pineapple is a fantastic source of 5-htp and is really nice to eat (try tinned pineapple chunks on a comedown) and I think we've heard of the famous turkey and banana club sandwich haven't we (or maybe not).
Yes I'd always give it two weeks (maybe one if theres a really good party on that you just can't go to straight) and let all the goodness in your brain build back up. A longer break every now and then is also a good idea. It's a fragile little system up there and needs looking after. Hows your break going Tars?

Actually, I will move it... If there's a thread on rate of serotonin recovery and the best amount of time to wait between pills, I can't find it...
And my 'break' is going alright, but it's only been 2 weeks...
I've decided that I'm not taking a break, I'm just going to slow down my consumption and space it out more... No more taking a pill every week, and no more 2 pills in one night (except for those one-off special occasions, like my birthday)
After the last few times taking pills and having the most enjoyable times I've experienced, I'm not concerned about my serotonin levels or tolerance levels, I've got no problem having an awesome roll as long as the pill is good... I am concerned about possible brain damage tho, so I'll be taking a more moderate approach from now on...
------------------
Ok, everyone read the following word please: Tarsarlan
Now did everyone notice that second 'r'?

Munchee : be careful, or i'll stab you to death!!
wink.gif

I just stress because i see too many people disrespecting a powerful drug, not that I've never done the same thing (and had way to much fun for my own good
smile.gif
)

I try and limit myself to one a month. The main reason for this is becuase I get really bad comedowns and I don't think I can handle it more than once a month.
I think the key is moderation. Do it too often and not only will it start to mess you up, the high will be no where near as good.