Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Only those interested in their own conciousness need apply

j_swift

Bluelighter
/me in hippy rant mode
Have you ever experienced a sense of wellbeing and belonging.....where your mind is relaxed and free of the here and now, the everyday mundanities in the background. With only what is important to you your only concern.
i have only felt such freedom of mind in the bush under the influence of mdma and psychadelic trance.
/me rant off
A professor in pennsylvania has been conduvting research into the states of mind of ppl under meditation or trace like states.
A pattern has emerged from Professor Newberg's experiments. There is a small region
near the back of the brain that constantly calculates a person's spatial orientation, the
sense of where one's body ends and the world begins. During intense prayer or
meditation, and for unknown reasons, this region becomes a quiet oasis of inactivity.
"It creates a blurring of the self-other relationship," said Professor Newberg, an assistant
professor at the University of Pennsylvania whose work appears in Psychiatry Research:
Neuroimaging.
"If they go far enough, they have a complete dissolving of the self, a sense of union, a
sense of infinite spacelessness."
Professor Newberg and other scientists are finding that people's diverse devotional
traditions have a powerful biological reality. During intense meditation and prayer, the
brain and body experience signature changes, as yet poorly understood, that could yield
new insights into the religious experience.
BOYAKASHA!
This is exactly the kind of science i want to see more of.
-----------------------------
Attention, attention

This is a great find j-swift.It spins me out totally cause I swear my brain has been in this state for about a year, ever since I candyflipped. This night was amazing-i was talking to trees and crazy shit,everything and everyone seemed so alive on another level...anyway I spent a long time just meditating at the end of the night. Since this night I have totally felt at bliss with myself and everything, but unfortunately at the same time have had blurred self other relationships in the sense i just was not in tune when i talked to others.....id just drift off...not thinking about anything else but just umm peaking in my own world i guess you could describe it as. The wierdest thing is that during this time the back of my head (the point where you feel get smacked when you start to feel mdma, was always really sore and after a while ( afew months )it started throbbing and i swear a little lump as grown right out the middle back of my head. Anyways i snapt out of this last week-the day after my first trip since then..and the back base of my head hasn't hurt since/I havn't been in permenent bliss/I have been much more motivated to be sociable and exitable in conversations with people and to do uni work. So basically i reckon ive been in this theta wave? state of intense meditation for a year..but you could draw many conclusions from my story.
smile.gif

yeah i would like to see some more of this sort of research as well...
i only pop pills for the feeling of total bliss, but most because after a rave, after dancing all night and feeling totally at one with myself, concentrating only on the beats and the glowies, i feel so clear headed the next day.
its just so revitalising... i never really relax, and this seems to be the key to unlocking that door... i fele wonderful after a night of pilling....... and actually it happened to me once with weed as well, i was so relaxed it was unbelievable, it was amazingly good!
its never happened agian though, which is why pills are my new best friend
:p
so yeah, i totally agree with the hope that more of this sort of research will be done!
------------------
something kind of sad about the way, things have come to be, desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?
~Maynard James Keenan; Tool.
---
The world is fucked up. Why not get fucked up too?

The experience of boundlessness can really be valid if you have experienced it. Otherwise, the words wash over like water to rock.
One day, the intellectual and emotional will come together in a transcending way. Stay tuned!
wink.gif
Keep life going!
smile.gif

The concept is this research is very similar to a book I've recently read called "The Psychedelic Experience" (Online text). Its a manual based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead By Timothy Leary, Ph.D., Ralph Metzner, Ph.D., & Richard Alpert, Ph.D.
Here's an excerpt from the introduction:
The Tibetan Book of the Dead is ostensibly a book describing the experiences to be expected at the moment of death, during an intermediate phase lasting forty-nine (seven times seven) days, and during rebirth into another bodily frame. This however is merely the exoteric framework which the Tibetan Buddhists used to cloak their mystical teachings. The language and symbolism of death rituals of Bonism, the traditional pre-Buddhist Tibetan religion, were skillfully blended with Buddhist conceptions. The esoteric meaning, as it has been interpreted in this manual, is that it is death and rebirth that is described, not of the body. Lama Govinda indicates this clearly in his introduction when he writes: "It is a book for the living as well as the dying." The book's esoteric meaning is often concealed beneath many layers of symbolism. It was not intended for general reading. It was designed to be understood only by one who was to be initiated personally by a guru into the Buddhist mystical doctrines, into the pre-mortem-death- rebirth experience. These doctrines have been kept a closely guarded secret for many centuries, for fear that naive or careless application would do harm. In translating such an esoteric text, therefore, there are two steps: one, the rendering of the original text into English; and two, the practical interpretation of the text for its uses. In publishing this practical interpretation for use in the psychedelic drug session, we are in a sense breaking with the tradition of secrecy and thus contravening the teachings of the lama-gurus.
However, this step is justified on the grounds that the manual will not be understood by anyone who has not had a consciousness-expanding experience and that there are signs that the lamas themselves, after their recent diaspora, wish to make their teachings available to a wider public.
Following the Tibetan model then, we distinguish three phases of the psychedelic experience. The first period (Chikhai Bardo) is that of complete transcendence - beyond words, beyond space-time, beyond self. There are no visions, no sense of self, no thoughts. There are only pure awareness and ecstatic freedom from all game (and biological) involvements. ["Games" are behavioral sequences defined by roles, rules, rituals, goals, strategies, values, language, characteristic space-time locations and characteristic patterns of movement. Any behavior not having these nine features is non- game: this includes physiological reflexes, spontaneous play, and transcendent awareness.] The second lengthy period involves self, or external game reality (Chonyid Bardo) - in sharp exquisite clarity or in the form of hallucinations (karmic apparitions). The final period (Sidpa Bardo) involves the return to routine game reality and the self. For most persons the second (aesthetic or hallucinatory) stage is the longest. For the initiated the first stage of illumination lasts longer. For the unprepared, the heavy game players, those who anxiously cling to their egos, and for those who take the drug in a non-supportive setting, the struggle to regain reality begins early and usually lasts to the end of their session.
Words like these are static, whereas the psychedelic experience is fluid and ever-changing. Typically the subject's consciousness flicks in and out of these three levels with rapid oscillations. One purpose of this manual is to enable the person to regain the transcendence of the First Bardo and to avoid prolonged entrapments in hallucinatory or ego-dominated game patterns.
The Basic Trusts and Beliefs. You must be ready to accept the possibility that there is a limitless range of awareness for which we now have no words; that awareness can expand beyond range of your ego, your self, your familiar identity, beyond everything you have learned, beyond your notions of space and time, beyond the differences which usually separate people from each other and from the world around them.
You must remember that throughout human history, millions have made this voyage. A few (whom we call mystics, saints or buddhas) have made this experience endure and have communicated it to their fellow men. You must remember, too, that the experience is safe (at the very worst, you will end up the same person who entered the experience), and that all of the dangers which you have feared are unnecessary productions of your mind. Whether you experience heaven or hell, remember that it is your mind which creates them. Avoid grasping the one or fleeing the other. Avoid imposing the ego game on the experience.
You must try to maintain faith and trust in the potentiality of your own brain and the billion-year-old life process. With you ego left behind you, the brain can't go wrong.
Every journey begins with a single step though, and since I only recently took that first step I am yet to explore this concept properly. But I recomend anyone interested in this sort of stuff to read the book at the link I posted. And I'm always up for a chat about this stuff too...
smile.gif