Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cheap 5-htp

Acid_Reign

Bluelighter
At about 60 aus dollars (not including postage) you get 100 100mg caps.
Or 1000 dollars for 2000 100mg caps, for those extra painful mornings
biggrin.gif

http://www.jomarlabs.com/5-htp.asp
I know it's forbidden to post sources, but i figure this one is in the interest of harm minimisation and should be shared.

2000 x 100mg caps... I wonder if I can claim that as a 3 month supply
wink.gif

From that second link...
Warning:
Dosages of 5-hydroxy L-tryptophan (5-HTP) greater than 100 milligrams per day should be taken only under the guidance of a physician. 5-HTP use at doses greater than 100 mg per day should be taken with the prescription drug carbadopa to prevent excessive levels of serotonin production in the peripheral blood circulation. 5-HTP can increase the effect of tranquilizing drugs and can impair the ability to drive an automobile.
Anyone heard of this carbidopa stuff or know what it does?? This is the first I've heard of it...
[This message has been edited by gregington (edited 06 May 2001).]

How many is 3 months supply? - is 100 under the limit? 200? or will i have to go for 50?
Also.. Does anyone know if the are reputable? ie, will i get the goods?
Something else i saw on their site:

biggrin.gif

------------------
"We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment"
[This message has been edited by Daffy (edited 06 May 2001).]

100mg per day is an average dose. So 100x 100mg basically equates to a 3 month supply
smile.gif
Worse comes to worse customs could claim it but you wouldn't get busted.

mmmmmmmmmm
5-HTP
it even sounds good..
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

another meaningless post from me.
------------------
I have the body of a God,........Buddha.

I just received my first shipment of 5 HTP from the source Acid_Reign mentioned. I ordered 200 x 100mg caps and paid US$68. Unfortunately they fucked up and sent 200 x 50mg caps. When I emailed them they offered right away to send another 200 x 50mg caps to make up to the original amount.
So far they seem OK...
If I've broken any rules by mentioning prices etc, I apologise in advance...
------------------
"You drive," he said. "I think there's something wrong with me." - Hunter S. Thompson, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

ok, i just ordered some of this stuff... do you guys know how long approximately it will take to get here?
------------------
Drugs are not the answer... Drugs? is the question... Yes is the answer.

me being stupid and all, i forgot that i didn't quite have enough credit on my card at the time, so my order got cancelled... when i havea bit more money to throw around i will get me some... until then... i may have to just quit my bitching and "take my comedown like a fucking man"
i love that quote now...
------------------
Drugs are not the answer... Drugs? is the question... Yes is the answer.

An email i got recently:
Thank you for your email regarding 5-HTP.
This substance you have enquired about is not a prohibited import or a
controlled substance. You are able to import this substance for
research purposes and no permits are required.
You would also be able to import it for your own personal use, in which
case you could import up to a 3-month supply every 3 months.
I don't know why it is not available in Australia. It would need to be
registered to be legally sold in Australia, so maybe nobody has
sufficient evidence of it's efficacy to satisfy the registration
requirements, especially with the "new" types of antidepressants now
available. But, as stated above, you are able to get it from somewhere
else without needing permits etc.
I trust this is of assistance.
Dean Wilkinson
Experimental Drugs Section
Therapeutic Goods Administration

That Dean Wilkinson guy must get a lot of email's I've spoken to him on 3 occasions, I think hes the only one with an inbox at the Theraputic Drugs Commmision
wink.gif
Teehee...
PS: Can 5HTP actually cause neurotoxic damage of taken in huge, ie, excessive amounts? I know some of us pre-load in excess of 500mg a day for a few days before rolling, and excessivley post load because due to either paranoia or just hopefullness we'd like to restore our precious seratonin levels as quickly as possible...
Personally I find a combination of a multi-vitamin and 200mg a day for a few days after rolling works well for me, all in their own I guess
smile.gif

Do a search on 'serotonin syndrome' ... Plenty of info out there on what might happen if we take too much 5-htp... Hmm, don't recall seeing serotonin sundrome mentioned in any pre-load/post-load FAQs... might need to have another look...

i think they say recommended dosage for a reason and hey, if it works at 50-100mg a day then i see no reason to up that.
not too sure on the toxicity of taking too much but i know that since the serotonin production is an enzyme dependent process, it would have a saturation point where an excess of 5-HTP isn't going to be that beneficial.
5-HTP is also a metabolite for niacin biosynthesis, so whatever doesn't get converted to serotonin is converted to another product called niacin. Instead of pre/post loading with large amounts of 5-HTP, you can optimise serotonin production by taking and eating foods with Vitamin B since this shunts the pathway towards serotonin synthesis.
BTW, anything with tryptophan is good too
i.e chocolate, chocolate milk, chocolate bickkies, chocolate cake, chocolate chocolate....
and milk.

FYI: my 5HTP ordered from the site mentioned took about 4 weeks to get to me. My girlfriend ordered some at the same time and had it seized by customs (bummer!). However, hers were caps that also contained kava-kava, so I would strongly recommend that you just order the 5HTP on its own.
I would strongly advise you DON'T take massive preload doses as this risks nasty side effects including seizures.
I know there's heaps of info on BL on pre and post loading. From a personal point of view, I take 100mg on the morning after rolling and 100mg that night. By the next day I'm fine. This has worked for my friends also, althought of course U may need to adjust your doses based on weight, doses of E taken, etc.
Good luck!
------------------
"You drive," he said. "I think there's something wrong with me." - Hunter S. Thompson, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

From personal experience, I wouldn't take large doses...
Following a rather dull peak on a good pill, and with me wanting to take another pill two days later, I tried 1000mg in 4 x 250mg doses each day between the two events. So a total of 2000mg over two days.
I didn't get any side effects from taking this much 5HTP, but my peak was not very loved up.. and felt 'different' to any other peak I'd experinced. It was intense but in a bad way, like it was too intense. Sorry, it is really hard to describe, that's the best I can do. This was on the same pill as on the prior night, and I had had that same pill three times before over the previous few weeks.
I can't be 100% sure that it was the 5HTP that caused this. It could have been any number of other factors (set, setting, 2 days between dropping etc) or a combination of all of them. Personally, I am convinced that the large dose of 5HTP at least partially contributed to it.. so I'm never going to dose like that again.
Straylight: You got any references on those side effects... would be most interested to have a look...

takes about 6 hours for ingested 5-HTP to make its way to the brain.
Don't forget, other parts of your body also uses serotonin and the effect you may be describing seems to sound like MDMA affecting serotonin storage in other parts of the body thereby contributing to an unusual peak. this is probably as a result of too much serotonin accumulating (from 5-HTP injestion) in the other parts of body apart from the brain.
But i definitely know what you're on about!

takes about 6 hours for ingested 5-HTP to make its way to the brain.
Don't forget, other parts of your body also uses serotonin and the effect you may be describing seems to sound like MDMA affecting serotonin storage in other parts of the body thereby contributing to an unusual peak. this is probably as a result of too much serotonin accumulating (from 5-HTP injestion) in the other parts of body apart from the brain.
But i definitely know what you're on about!

just wondering, is this considered the cheapest and/or best place to order 5HTP form??

just wondering, is this considered the cheapest and/or best place to order 5HTP form??