Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Huge drug bust at Perth airport

Bootlegger

Bluelighter
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newslink/nat/newsnat-5may2001-31.htm
Huge drug bust at Perth airport
There has been a big drug seizure at Perth's International Airport.
Customs officers have found 16,000 ecstasy tablets, weighing just under four-and-a-half kilograms, in the baggage of two men who had just arrived from Asia.
Customs officers say the drug, with an estimated street value of $800,000, was concealed in six packages, wrapped in clothing in a sports bag.
The men, who have been charged with importing a prohibited substance, are expected to appear in court later today.
------------------
And the Mission is the Mouse...

Hmmn, I don't know about all this talk of a drought... Logically, its all percentages when you look at large-scale drug trafficking. If customs is intercepting large ammounts, this is usually indicitive of the fact that proportionally even more is making it through.
------------------
The woods are dark and deep, and you have miles to go before you sleep...

Did anyone see what they were? I thought I saw "329" stamped on 'em. Just wondering what the significance of that number is...
------------------
"We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment"

it was actually blue B29s, DOH! had those exact ones new years 2000 (everything about them looked exactly the same down to the font used), and they were friggin strong, wouldn't have minded some more of them, damn and double damn!
But as we always say, if 1 gets busted invariably there's others who made it through *cross fingers*

"Customs officers said the drugs had an estimated street value of $800,000.
The two men were charged by Australian Federal Police and were expected to appear in the Perth Magistrates court today.
The Minister for Justice and Customs, Senator Chris Ellison, said the seizure was a significant haul.
“That's 16,000 dangerous and potentially deadly ecstasy tablets that won't be reaching Perth streets,” Senator Ellison said."
i think they shoulda tested 'em before claiming they're deadly.... jeez the police can be irresponsible sometimes.... *flogs the dead prohibition horse*
------------------
"Cabbages... knickers.... it's not got a beak!"
[This message has been edited by De Quincey (edited 05 May 2001).]

well, hopefully its only a matter of time, untill the corrupt cops get them back on the street. could be a better way to earn revenue than giving me speeding fines :/
------------------
"If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kind of pussy to drink it"

On the upside, it you buy a B29 in the near future, you know where it came from
smile.gif

Good ol corrupt cops!

hehe, bust.
biggrin.gif

?That's 16,000 dangerous and potentially deadly ecstasy tablets that won't be reaching Perth streets,? Senator Ellison said.
He said that last time.....

*imagines the senate on ecstacy*
*laughs arse off*
------------------
"Cabbages... knickers.... it's not got a beak!"

acid reign: Close, but variation on a theme
"That's 16,000 dangerous and potentially deadly ecstasy tablets that won't be reaching Perth streets," Senator Ellison said.
Last time he said "Thats 19, 000 (or whateva) people the will be safer on the streets"
hehe, cracks me up
smile.gif

horse