• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Just took 7500mg of APAP - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubSTEP

Bluelighter
in 24 hours, should I go to the hospital??

I used to take 10/325 norcos everyday for a year, never going over 4500mg tylenol

I took 6 7.5/750 at 3am and now at 245pm i took another 4.

what the fuck did I just do. I just got off heroin and I know i wasnt going to feel shit.

You will be fine. 7.5 grams of apap, even taken at one time, isn't all that bad and you split the doses up.

You will live, bro.

what the fuck, i searched and people made posts about taking similar doses and everyone else was freaking out saying "go to the hospital!! blah blah blah"

oh well, thanks for the mind ease guys.

what the fuck, i searched and people made posts about taking similar doses and everyone else was freaking out saying "go to the hospital!! blah blah blah"

oh well, thanks for the mind ease guys.

yeah. if you were on norcos u should tell ur doc u want them back, itz kinda like wat happend to me cuz they changed me from #90 oxycodone 5 mg to percocet. and they giveme a bad stomach ache and nauseau when taking them so i changed back to tha plain oxycodone 5z

haha. ur probably not gettin them from tha dr. tho..

you will prolly be fine, but you might throw up. haha. taking 5 10-325 made me throw up before.

Then you threw up because of the hydrocodone, not the apap.

To the OP, did you ever consider doing a CWE?? That's the only safe way to take hydrocodone if you have a high tolerance if your not taking 10-325's. So do your self a favor and learn how to cwe.

I would suggest going to the ER. A lot of people overdose on APAP because they take an over the counter cold med and then take some APAP not realizing that the OTC had APAP in it.

So, I would highly recommend you go to the hospital. If you refuse to do so then in the very least, get some NAC from the health food store. Like 2-3 bottles. You can look up online a dosing schedule that is used in the hospital for APAP OD treatment. They use IV NAC in the hospital. It's better than nothing but still, it's my opinion that going to the ER is your best option. Better safe than sorry.

The sooner you receive treatment the better your outcome. And, studies have shown that those who survive an acute OD of APAP and receive NAC don't appear to have any long term liver damage.

Good Luck, I know how scared you feel right now. Sending you some good thoughts. Take a deep breath--once you calm down it'll be easier to make clear choices. Oh, one other thing, the symptoms of APAP OD can take a long time to show up, I don't recall the exact numbers but it's something like 24 hours or more. So don't take how your feeling right now as a gauge as to weather you get treatment or not.

It's always best to tell them the truth at the ER and they have to respect your privacy but if your still too afraid to tell them the truth then just say that you took a few Extra Strength Tylenol and then took some OTC med, like Nyquil or something, not realizing that it had APAP in it as well. Be honest about the MG you took though and the timeframe. They'll need this information to properly treat you.

It'll be ok. Just take care of yourself. One trip to the ER is better than a liver transplant. As long as you get treatment you'll def. be fine, unless you have some other serious medical issue. A healthy person taking 7500 of APAP who gets treatment quickly will be fine. They will give you treatment up to 72 hours (if I recall the number correctly, I'm pretty sure it's up to 72 hrs but you may wanna google it) Still, the faster you get treatment the better.

Please check back in and let us know either way if your ok. I worry. You certainly don't owe me anything but if you don't mind checking back in to give a shout out that your ok I'd appreciate it. Things like this keep me up at night.

Blessings~

in 24 hours, should I go to the hospital??

I used to take 10/325 norcos everyday for a year, never going over 4500mg tylenol

I took 6 7.5/750 at 3am and now at 245pm i took another 4.

what the fuck did I just do. I just got off heroin and I know i wasnt going to feel shit.

how long u been a Bluelighter? why not do Cold-Water-Extraction? In a rush, eh?

You need to go to the Hospital NOW. All these other morons who are saying you'll be fine for sure are incorrect. The treatment at the ER is easy and it could save your life. Go now!

Status
Not open for further replies.