Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ANYONE KNOW WHEN SAM-E IS IN SHOPS?

Dr. E_vil

Bluelighter
hey there,
does anyone know when SAM-E is going to be available at Chemists and how if/how it should be used to benefit your roll? Should it be taken before hand to boost your serotonin for release or afterwards to replenish it, or both?
thanks

I've heard about May. Not sure about how 2 use this to boost. Possibly your best bet though is 5HTP (5-hydroxy L-tryptophan) which is the serotonin precursor. U can take this prior to dropping or take it afterwards to boost recovery (there is some experimental evidence that this may help prevent toxic damage to brain cells caused by MDMA- all the studies are in rats tho!!!
Try xxxx (they have a bit of info on SAM-E) or xxxx.
------------------
"You Drive," he said. "I think there's something wrong with me." - Hunter S. Thompson, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"
[This message has been edited by Finn (edited 09 April 2001).]

Dr E-vil,
You've posted this in the wrong forum. This forum is specifically for meetups/events. Moving you across to the Aus/NZ Drug Discussion forum.
Straylight,
Could you please not post the names/addresses of suppliers. It contravenes bluelight policy. Thanks
Finn
smile.gif

No offence to you Straylight, but IMHO, 5HTP shld not be taken to enhance a roll or to "boost" levels of serotonin for extended periods of mdxx intake. 5HTP shld however be used to aid recovery of your brain after a long nad hard night. just my 2 cents, anyone is more than welcomed to say otherwise.
Once again, i say this not to flame but to make a point
smile.gif

What is SAM-E?
Also, I've heard 5-HTP is available over-the-counter (or maybe that should be over the net) but anyway, if legal, where can I get hold of some, how much, quantity, etc.
Actually, it'd be cool if u could just direct me to a site or somewhere with some info on 5htp use...
cheers

Recently saw SAMe in chemist in sydney, is sold by bioglan (yellow bottle) or something like that for about $20-$30 a bottle with about 30(?) or so tablets per bottle. Usually located in the neutraceuticals part of the chemist along with antioxidants and vitamin supplements.

i bought SAMe in a health food shop here in perth last month, its available.

Ok, now I am confused. Exactly what is Sam-e supposed to do to you?? As in how will it help if you take it when you are rolling, before your roll, or after it?? [awake], where did you get it in Perth??
Nick

Quick search found this. It is from a distributor so I guess take the information with a grain of salt.
Sam-e is an important compound already found in our bodies. SAM-e is vital to a wide variety of body processes. These include: mood regulation (ease depression), the generation of cartilage (which is the spongy cushion in your joints), the detoxification of potentially damaging compounds you might consume and liver repair.
As we age, SAM-e levels can fall. The result could mean a variety of ailments, including depression and osteoarthritis.
Sam-e plays a roll in the "methylation" process in our bodies. The methylation process is the mechanism by which our body manufactures cartilage and detoxifies potentially damaging compounds.
Optimum Nutrition's Sam-e is a complete methylation support formula. Each easy-to-swallow capsule combines 400 mg of Stabilized SAM-e. Our Sam-e also contains Vitamin B6, Folic Acid and Vitamin B12. These ingredients are important for maximum effectiveness of Sam-e.
IMPORTANT - Not all Sam-e products are alike! Laboratory tests show Sam-e in Tablet form is unstable and reduces the active ingredient from 400 mg to 160 mg. Enteric Coating only provides for easier swallowing and does nothing for product quality. Optimum Nutrition's Sam-e is a pharmaceutical grade stabilized product in capsule form - The highest quality Sam-e on the market today!
Ingredients in Sam-e:
Amount Per Serving (1 Capsule)
Sam-e (s-Adenosyl-L-Methionine)...............400 mg
Vitamin B6.....................................................2 mg
Folic Acid......................................................400 mcg
Vitamin B12...................................................50 mcg
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate
Suggested Use of Sam e:
As a dietary supplement, take 1 - 3 capsules of Sam-e daily.
An Adequate dose of Sam-e for most people is 1 (400 mg) capsules per day, taken on an empty stomach.
CAUTION: Individuals with bipolar disorder (manic depression) and pregnant or nursing females should only use Sam e on the advice of a physician.
------------------
Vote for the Party, Party, Party at the next election

soooo...
what i wanna know...do u get high of it or is it used as a sort of an anti-depressant/detox-kinda-thingy...
hell...im getting some today anyway... it sounds a lot like 5htp to me...hmmmm...would really like to know more...???anyone?

nick-nick.. i got my sam-e @ mirrabooka square, in the health type store next to tandy near woolworths. i think it was about $30. i havent peaked since new years, so i havent tried it for pre/postloading yet, but as a mild antidepresant for my melancholy self, i can say it is helpful.
hamlet.. it doesnt get you high
frown.gif

smile.gif

[This message has been edited by [awake] (edited 06 May 2001).]

sam e is available now in victorian pharmacies and health stores. last week i purchased 2 bottles (90 tabs ea.) and have taken it daily as per intructions.
as a special treat i had the door bitch hand them out to the guests ariving at my b'day party on sat last. everyone was much excited to road test the precurser. i also bought a rather large bag of white diamonds for the party of which i munched maybe 5, maybe 8 (twas my birthday so im allowed to go overboard). of course i missed sleepy time sat night, but 10pm sun night after fried rice and wantons i went to bed and slept like a baby till mon morning. i woke up feeling fine was busy all day then worked in the evening, came home and still felt no come down. today is tuesday, i have taken sam e each day now for 8 days and will continue to do so........ IF THIS IS HARM REDUCTION --- I LIKE IT.....
as for improoving the roll, well 5-8 pills in 10hrs that's some roll goin on there by itself........ ill form an opinion after a more moderate night!

sam e is available now in victorian pharmacies and health stores. last week i purchased 2 bottles (90 tabs ea.) and have taken it daily as per intructions.
as a special treat i had the door bitch hand them out to the guests ariving at my b'day party on sat last. everyone was much excited to road test the precurser. i also bought a rather large bag of white diamonds for the party of which i munched maybe 5, maybe 8 (twas my birthday so im allowed to go overboard). of course i missed sleepy time sat night, but 10pm sun night after fried rice and wantons i went to bed and slept like a baby till mon morning. i woke up feeling fine was busy all day then worked in the evening, came home and still felt no come down. today is tuesday, i have taken sam e each day now for 8 days and will continue to do so........ IF THIS IS HARM REDUCTION --- I LIKE IT.....
as for improoving the roll, well 5-8 pills in 10hrs that's some roll goin on there by itself........ ill form an opinion after a more moderate night!

I saw on tv when 'SAM-e' was first being marketed 'THEY' stated unlike prozac which takes time to take effect eg.weeks, sam e works virtually straight away.
Correct me if im wrong but the impression l have of these drugs is to help people who are depressed,NOT trying to recuperate from a hard night.
Therefore l believe that these 'drugs' may/may not be benificial.
Any opnions(regarding its actual benefits)
eg someone who has used it?.
Ta.
------------------
uncle nicko

Ok I think this looks like its worth a try,
and I'm from Victoria so apparantley its around...
One question- what do I ask for in the Health Food Store?
Do I ask for SAM-e or is there a name I should be hunting for?
Cheers
oh and how much is it?