Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

spinal issues

dingleberries

Bluelighter
yeah i was just wondering if there was a link between amphetamines and back pain.
usually after a night on speed or a speedy pill i get a really fucked up back and spend the next couple of days trying to recover.
Its not really lower back pain, mainly a neck thing and it just feels like all the muscles are disorganised and out of wack (much like my head at that stage of the morning) and also find that having a toke while coming down makes it a bit worse.
Sometimes if im on speed at home (i.e. not dancing or doing significantly much physical exertion) it always ends up the same so im thinking its definately something to do with the wizz
any ideas? or is it just me?

Neck pain could be related to jaw clenching, or perhaps when you're peaking your muscles in that area are tense and you just don't notice it while it's happening. This may be what's causing the pains the next day.
------------------
IN TONE: IN TUNE: IN TOUCH
Be aware of every sound...

My non profession opinion is that this may be caused by a couple of things
1. Speed plays around with your central nervous system. What you may be getting could be a result of your body getting played around like this.
2. When you go out and dance on speed you are using muscles that perhaps you may not use during the week. Overexersion, strain etc etc taking its toll.

Definitely know what you're talking about. I had pretty bad spinal injuries several years ago and have some sort of pain most of the time. The pain I think you're talking about is different to your average sore neck/back yeah? It's usually in the same spot or area, but you can't pinpoint it exactly? If it is the same pain I'm talking about then I've come to the conclusion that it's definitely to do with the wiz interacting with your central nervous system...body rejecting it?...rather than muscle exertion. But if you dance around for hours with a jaw stretched 10m back and your teeth pushed a few millimetres deeper into your gums then anyone's going to get sore!
I know a few people who get these odd pains so you're not the only one. If it gets bad, stop taking wiz or at least get it checked out.

My personal theory is speed keeps you vertical at a time you are usually horizontal ie sleeping. Experiment by standing up all night without drugs and see how sore you back is then.
------------------
Sorry no brain today, try me next week

Very true, after long periods of being vertical without drugs one's back is often sore. After all your back supports all the weight of your upperbody while you are vertical.

Guys,
Something I learned just today is you can strain muscles in all sorts of wonderous spots (jawline for example) and the pain is felt in your back, or you get headaches etc.... It's apparently known as 'myofacial trigger point pain'.... Ask your quack about a referral to a Myotherapist, and if that doesnt work I suppose a Chiropractor...
I went to a myotherapist for the first time today... Basically they do a lot of evaluation of muscle groups, then use massage and stretching to get ya muscles back the way they should be.... I've been a mess the past week since kryal from a muscular point of view, and apparently the knots and tension I had had been building for months...
You cant imagine the relief tonight now that someone has gotten rid of all those trigger points..... AHHHHHHH.....
I agree with everyone else though - if you're out partying, muscles contract in ways they wouldnt normally and also get strained from irregular use.... Another thing to think of in your pre/post loading along with standard multivitamins, is Magnesium, which is directly related to muscle clenching....
A lot of multivitamins have about 25mg - 100mg of the stuff already.. I've looked it up and the Recommended Daily Intake is like 400mg.... Given you're using up more magnesium than they took into account when working out the RDI's, you might even go higher, but check with a doctor on what excess Magnesium intake can do to you first....
Enjoy dude!

My favorite thing to do after a big night is go to my chiropractor. A couple of adjustments in my neck & lower back can be the most incredible relief... not to mention a nice massage.
I agree that the pain is most likely just use of muscles you dont normally use. dancing is some high energy shit. You might notice also that many people when they are dancing tend to have their chest forward and their head tilted back/up. That is some serious strain on your neck muscles if you are doing it for a few hours straight.

cool thanks for the help, i might explore the magnesium thing a little bit. fuck i hate my chiropractor, over the past 2 years he's done nothing but aggravate an initially simple problem (grr)
yeah i noticed how strain on different muscles in the body can end up messing with back muscles, cause whenever im amped up and chewing gum like a banshee all night i end up with a sore back and jaw (a double oweee!)

Interesting thread (well to me anyway). Yay.
In regards to the Myotherapist do you have to be referred froma GP. Can you recommend a good one of your own?
Ta,
Soma