• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Getting off heroin without methadone, subutex, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenzzoRenzzo

Bluelighter
I'm trying to get off heroin without the use of methadone, subutex, and other withdrawl pills like that. I do have a stash of prescribed Alprozolam (1mg x 10) and Valium (5mg x 20) and Ibuprofen (600mg x 20) will this help with the kick? Or should I just not use the benzos and taper off the H very slowly?

This has been answered about half a million times.

If you think you can taper, go for it, but few addicts have that much willpower.

Use your benzos and the ibuprofen, and get some loperamide and maybe some benedryl.

Glad to hear you're trying to get off the stuff!

Tapering the H slowly is a good option medically, but many people have trouble with self control and relapse when trying to do this. All of these are located in the Other Drugs Directory, which I'd reccomend reading through yourself. Its an excellent index of informative and useful threads!

Here are some excellent info threads on withdrawal as well as pre-made tapering plans:

Guide to Narcotic Withdrawal

Tapering Plan Mega-thread

A Guide to Opioid Withdrawal

Hope these help!

Last edited:
I'm trying to get off heroin without the use of methadone, subutex, and other withdrawl pills like that. I do have a stash of prescribed Alprozolam (1mg x 10) and Valium (5mg x 20) and Ibuprofen (600mg x 20) will this help with the kick? Or should I just not use the benzos and taper off the H very slowly?

Im having a hard time trusting you....and consequently im having a hard time trusting anything you say/post. This is mainly because your first 3 posts on this website were you trying to find people who can sell you suboxone.
Also, in another thread just about 2 minutes ago, you asked how you could get a hold of a sub doctor and you had even allready used www.suboxone.com to search for a doctor in your area...you even said you had found one within 4 miles of where you live.
And now I come across this thread where you say you want to get clean without using suboxone. Do you understand where my confusion and distrust are coming from?

please get your shit together before you post. You are a frustration and are acting irrationaly.

a drug addict acting irrationally?

how weird.

yes, it is most definitely weird because he is acting irrationaly in a way completely different than any other drug addict I have ever known seen or heard of.

you don't know a lot, I assume.

He changed his mind; shit happens.

Lets focus on helping the OP rather than suspecting his motives. He's asked for some advice in his first post and I'm sure he'd appreciate some more productive responses or advice from personal experience.

ok moving on..

OP i think you would be better off stopping the H and using the benzos to help with w/d's.. days 1-3 will be the worst 4-7 you will slowly feel better as time goes on, 2nd week clean you will be through the worst of it all except maybe some PAWS but those can last a lifetime so just get used to them, and if you can't then i would consider BMT or MMT.

i find it annoying that people rag on james brown for being overly aware....or catching on to things....

^you posted while i was posting....yes, moving on.

OP, I've gotten clean a few times. The first couple I used Subs, and I think that made it harder to get clean. I couldn't really find a dose that worked well. It seemed the dose was either too low to stop cravings or too high and made me feel doped. That doped feeling led to cravings as well because the Suboxone doped feeling is nothing like an actual dope feeling.

I think you are making a smart move in not using Subs. The hardest part was going through PAWS, but once that subsided, I felt a lot better and I was glad I wasn't on anything for maintenance.

Like I said in my earlier post, benzos are great for quelling anxiety and helping you (attempt) to get some sleep. Loperamide can help with the diarrhea and if you take enough of it, all the withdrawal symptoms. Benedryl is great for the watery eyes, runny nose, and also sleep. And then alternate Ibuprofen and Tylenol for aches and pains.

you don't know a lot, I assume.

you assume wrong.

i just have a hard time giving someone advice on 2 conflicting subjects. Like for example, in this situation, should I tell him to go to the sub doctor before or after he uses the benzos to taper off of H?...because he IS asking me about going to the sub doctor and about using suboxone, and at the same time, hes asking me about how he should go about getting clean without suboxone. Im just trying to adress the issues hes asking about, but im finding it difficult to do, thats all.

OP, I think if you find one path that you want to go on, then you should ask about that only, and you will be able to get some of the best advice available too you. I never was trying to ruin your day or anything....but you cant blame someone for having difficulty giving conflicting advice to conflicting questions.

So, as I said, my advice is to pick a path, and im sure I will be able to give you very good advice whichever path you choose, because I have alot of experience with both of your questions. And of course other members have alot to contribute as well.

Dokomo posted a few links and resources for the OP. There's no need to keep this open.

Don't bicker or argue in Other Drugs threads, take it to PM's guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.