• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy 80 "chunk" equation

Noddy Boy

Bluelighter
OK, so all too often where I live, OC is ever rising in price.

Because of this, dealers are losing a lot of business. So to help the situation, dealers are starting to break them down and sell quarters, halves or just a "chunk" of a pill. Being that it is far more affordable to buy smaller amounts. I often find myself in this situation where I am forced to purchase a piece cuz I simply don't have the cash to get a whole one.

I also find that the pieces vary in size from time to time since cutting them is not easy and often times the cut ends up uneven or the pill breaks in an unexpected way, leaving oddball pieces. It is hard to sell these pieces without knowing how much is in them, considering they are generally X$ per mg (according to the 2010 price thread here on BL), and people want to get what they pay for. It can make a big difference and add up fast with 10mg here and 10mg there going un-noticed.

Since it seems the most common form available around here are OC 80's, I will be talking about the original formulation that Ethex now distributes.

Method:
I took one 80mg Oxycontin, peeled the coating off and weighed the pill. The scale I used is fairly accurate, and gave me a reading of 250mg. I then worked this into a simple algebra equation, and also made a chart.

a = known Amount of drug
w = known Weight of pill
p = known weight of your Piece in mg's
x = how many mg's of oxycodone you have (the answer)

(a) = 80mg
(w) = 250mg

If you know algebra then I need to explain no further, however for the rest of you out there, here is how it works. It is very simple really, don't let the letters confuse you, it's just a shorter way to write out the math.

Equation: (a) * (p) / (w) = (x)

Example: you have a chunk that weighs approx 50mg, work this into the equation, take 80(a) X 50(p), = 4000, now divide that by 250(w), this equals exactly 16mg of oxycodone.

Math is fun and helpful in many respects, I use this equation for many applications, but found it very handy for this considering I like to know how much of a drug I am using, and not just guessing.

Here is a short chart of some examples:

Chunk(mg) = Drug(mg)

10 = 3.2
20 = 6.4
30 = 9.6
40 = 12.8
50 = 16
60 = 19.2
70 = 22.4
80 = 25.6
90 = 28.8
100 = 32
120 = 38.4
140 = 44.8
160 = 51.2
180 = 57.6
200 = 64
220 = 70.4
240 = 76.8
250 = 80

It's nice to have a quick reference so you don't have to plug in numbers over and over. I am not sure how much this will help others, but I found it useful and decided to share.

Any comments or thoughts are always nice, if I have broken any forum guide-lines I apologize, I am fairly confident that I didn't break any rules but if I did please let me know so I don't accidentally repeat the mistake =D

-Noddy

Last edited:
damn, so this is what it has come to. people breaking 80s in pieces and selling them. i never thought that would happen.

wow selling pieces of oxy thats some hood shit... i mean this would be useful if you yourself broke some n couldnt tell the dose. but you need a new supplier if thats how you get your oxy that is not right.

Please don't post prices.

If someone else post prices, don't discuss it or quote them!

Come on guys, you all have been here long enough to know how this forum works, and to know what the rules are.

If you didn't read the rules the first time around, shame on you, but just take the time to read them now. The links are in my signature.

Noddy: If you don't like people's responses, read the rules, see if they are breaking rules, and then click on the Reported Post button (
report.gif
) and explain why you are reporting their post.

My last point: What the fuck is the difference between only picking up 0.1g of dope instead of 1g of dope, and what they're doing with pill chunks? There is none, except dope is a powder and not a pill.

Most addicts get to the point where they can't afford what they want, so they pick up what they can afford so they get something.

Is this a new concept to some of you? Have some of you never run out of drug money before?

Come on guys, you all have been here long enough to know how this forum works, and to know what the rules are.

If you didn't read the rules the first time around, shame on you, but just take the time to read them now. The links are in my signature.

Noddy: If you don't like people's responses, read the rules, see if they are breaking rules, and then click on the Reported Post button (
report.gif

My last point: What the fuck is the difference between only picking up 0.1g of dope instead of 1g of dope, and what they're doing with pill chunks? There is none, except dope is a powder and not a pill.

Most addicts get to the point where they can't afford what they want, so they pick up what they can afford so they get something.

Is this a new concept to some of you? Have some of you never run out of drug money before?

I feel like im a little kid and my dad is taking out his belt to whip me for somethin I did.

I was actually about to say that I have purchased pieces of pills SEVERAL times because I was short on cash and that it happens EVERYWHERE pills are sold, even if you realize it or not.

damn, so this is what it has come to. people breaking 80s in pieces and selling them. i never thought that would happen.

Thats been happening for years and years where I come from, and it happens where you live too, you just are lucky enough to not have to worry about only having enough money to buy part of a pill, or maybe you just dont know any dealers who will sell you part of a pill.....but I can guarantee you that anywhere OC's are sold, they sold in all different kinds of ways, including piece by piece.

I feel like im a little kid and my dad is taking out his belt to whip me for somethin I did.
I was addressing everyone in general. I specifically addressed Noddy about using the RP system, but that is also a general message for everyone.

I didn't just UA your post but two other people's as well, there's no reason for you to feel like I'm singling you out.

back in the day (almost 4years ago, before bupe) i used to buy halves of an 80 if i couldn't afford a whole one. it would at least help w/d's. and my dealer never had a problem selling me a half of a pill. but we never dealt with pieces lol that is some hood shit like said above.

i don't know what others did or said to get UA'd as i didn't see their posts, so hopefully i didn't do the same as them lol. sorry Mods if i did.

cool thread.....like the responses so far....

man capt......that red mark on my ass is burning......i kid i kid

but ya, i could even see people cutting up chunks and selling them between friends....its common practice....but where i am from, you are usually lucky enough to find the appropiate dose/pill that you want......thats main and hastings for you, people selling scripts......

for drugs you want a connect......but scripts can be another ball game.

Sorry, what does UA stand for? I know it will be something simple and ill be like "Oh! I'm an idiot." but i can't but the words to it.

And where im from selling chunks among friends is normal, but a dealer tells you to screw off for anything less than half a pill, and even then it depends on the dealer.

Sorry, what does UA stand for? I know it will be something simple and ill be like "Oh! I'm an idiot." but i can't but the words to it.

And where im from selling chunks among friends is normal, but a dealer tells you to screw off for anything less than half a pill, and even then it depends on the dealer.

Unapprove/unapproved.

UA means, I made your post disappear, for all intents and purposes.

Last edited:
was a long time before I learned it was "For all INTENTS AND PURPOSES" ... lol now you know, and knowing is half the battle

LOL thanks!

I don't notice these things if people don't point them out to me half the time.

selling random hunks of oxy is not far away from getting little pieces of soap or someething in there too. thats why i like pills- theyre pretty hard to cut down or tamper with. guess thats the end of that though :(

Does measuring pill chunks by weight work for Oxy?

It will work for non-time-release pills, but most time-release pills have different concentrations of drug in different parts - so depending where it breaks, you could have different amounts of active material in a chunk of a certain weight.

i just feel like the drug would not be perfectly precisely distributed out the entire pill exactly even, sounds like a rip off

Does measuring pill chunks by weight work for Oxy?

It will work for non-time-release pills, but most time-release pills have different concentrations of drug in different parts - so depending where it breaks, you could have different amounts of active material in a chunk of a certain weight.

Im pretty sure the OC's have a pretty evenly spread out concentration of opiate alkaloids in the pill. Otherwise they would have a hell of a time measuring out the correct dose for each pill before it is compacted together. The powder oxycontin they use to make the pills must be evenly concentrated or else its impossible to make pills with the same amount of OC in each one.

^ i know the OC imprinted pills are evenly spread out,
but i also know that the old Teva footballs weren't evenly spread throughout the pill and if you broke them in half you could have a half that has 60mg and a half that has 20mg even if they were the same size.

^ also if you cut a pill (80) in half....you get 40...and then in half again...you get 20mg..... it has to be consistent.....

edit...at JB

report.gif

Capt. Heroin, thank you and also I apologize, I either missed or did not read that you weren't allowed to discuss other threads, regardless of the topic (prices etc). I will have to go back over the guidelines again tonight to see what else I may have missed.

I honestly didn't think my response was rude, or so bad that it had to be UA, but I am not the mod, that's your job to decide those things. Tonight before I read all this, I was going to ask to have the thread closed after I read all the negative remarks earlier today, as I assumed that it was useless information to the masses.

I wasn't saying that one would buy a 10mg pc of and oc80, it's just a scale to help visualize how much drug is in a "chunk" I used to generally buy 1/4s or 1/2's when I was poor and sick and could only afford so much (there is no vitamin H in my town that is worth half a shit or I wouldn't touch oxy).

Often times I had found myself getting a "big" half or a really close to exact, I was always curious as to how much more I am getting when I get a big half.

Would you like to know you are doing 65mg as opposed to 40mg? --- FUCK YEAH, I know I would, just out of the simple fact that I like knowing how much of what I am using.

I felt it was relevant information to share and I am happy to see that a few people understand what message I was trying to convey. If you don't ever have to worry about buying pill's in less than whole pc's then you can hit your back button on your browser now and forget all about this post (unless you find math interesting).

I honestly don't know how many if any people this may help, maybe I am the oddball, but nonetheless, I had fun sharing this info even though some of the comments got removed hehe.

Thanks again everyone.

-Noddy

Im pretty sure the OC's have a pretty evenly spread out concentration of opiate alkaloids in the pill. Otherwise they would have a hell of a time measuring out the correct dose for each pill before it is compacted together. The powder oxycontin they use to make the pills must be evenly concentrated or else its impossible to make pills with the same amount of OC in each one.

This is unsound reasoning - It is ubiquitous in pill manufacture to have multiple layers in the pills with different concentrations. For an extreme example, see concerta. Even with non-time-release pills, it's not uncommon for them to have a (usually thin) outer layer with very little of the drug (and better mechanical characteristics).

These of course would be fine to break as long as the break is along the axis of the pill, but people slicing oxy's up probably aren't being too careful what angle they cut it at >.>

Also if an OC80 is supposed to be 20mg instant release 60mg timed release, you'd very likely have layers to achieve that.

My point, really, was that using weight gives a false sense of certainty about dosage. It's better than eyeballing, but it could be deceptive, especially if using lots of little pieces (it also provides a chance for a dealer, who knows what parts are "better" to rip you off, by giving you bits and pieces of the less-concentrated part of the pill, billing as the fraction of a pill by weight - keeping the good part for themselves.