• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiates on Full Stomach = no buzz whatsoever?

BANANORAMA

Greenlighter
So it's been two weeks since I've taken any kind of opiates so I decided to have a few of my 5mg percs. I tried taking tagament an hour before to see if it helped the effects. I ate a really high fatty meal (ribs, fries, then a small brownie sundae thing.) I then didn't take the pills for an hour or so.

It's now two hours after parachuting three and I feel what I'd consider practically nothing. I looked into it and I guess a full stomach would make the effects less pronounced but I also read a high fat meal helps. Now normally two or three would fuck me right up, as my tolerance is still pretty low. I'm really bummed because my buddies are drinking and I decided to just have these. So why do people say to have a high fat meal before hand?

I have seen topics on this but not specifically asking what to do after the fact (my bad if there is any)

thanks

Last edited:
iT should not matter that much unless you are a new user. I guess its a bit like with alcohol. If you drink on emty stomach, you feel it more and chances of hangover are also higher.

On second thought I am quite sure that with long term use, using on an empty or full stomach will not make that much of a difference in terms of how it makes you feel. Health and safety is a different matter altogether. It is strongly advised not to use any class a substances on emty stomach or under dehydration.

The whole 'fatty meal before opioids' thing is misunderstood by a lot of people. It really shouldn't be termed a meal, just a small bite or two of something that is high in fat. A lot of people see fatty meal and take that as a cue to head to the buffet, which usually results in what you experienced.

A piece of chocolate or a candy like a reeses cup has worked well for me in the past. Also, something like a teaspoon of olive oil would work well.

If I had remembered the empty stomach thing I wouldn't have eaten as much. I didn't really eat the meal to potentate the opiates, I just happened to eat the meal not thinking. Later in the night it kicked in a little more and I was feeling alright but next time I'm gonna eat light.

I just bear the pain and try to get it all absorbed as fast as i can and i take pills on an empty stomach. (opiates... well shitty ones)

depends on the reason of taking the drug though. eat some crackers or toast if it bothers you.

if i have a full meal then pop a lot of norcos or something i feel like it was wasted.

it also depends on your stomach ph level for certain drugs. i can feel my lorazepam now... haha

back to topic. sorry if i was no help to you, i tried.

The whole 'fatty meal before opioids' thing is misunderstood by a lot of people. It really shouldn't be termed a meal, just a small bite or two of something that is high in fat. A lot of people see fatty meal and take that as a cue to head to the buffet, which usually results in what you experienced.

A piece of chocolate or a candy like a reeses cup has worked well for me in the past. Also, something like a teaspoon of olive oil would work well.

same has been true for lisdexamps if i remember... vyvanse (and papayas too)

painkillers too? you want to eat a small fatty snack>? i did not know that.... maybe i was readin you wrong...

what are other drugs like that i know benzos and grapefriuit byt thats different

does the fat like make it stronger somehow?

do i make sense? ativan says sorry.:)

same has been true for lisdexamps if i remember... vyvanse (and papayas too)

painkillers too? you want to eat a small fatty snack>? i did not know that.... maybe i was readin you wrong...

what are other drugs like that i know benzos and grapefriuit byt thats different

does the fat like make it stronger somehow?

do i make sense? ativan says sorry.:)

A small fatty snack helps, because the opioid is lipid soluble and the lipid helps carry it across the blood-brain barrier more readily than by itself.

A small fatty snack helps, because the opioid is lipid soluble and the lipid helps carry it across the blood-brain barrier more readily than by itself.

thanks we learn new shit everyday

a JBC from wendys or even half of it, not even would do the trick. or a couple nuggets. lol

(completely diff ramble)
or ill just slam down a couple norc's with a seven up for fast onset.... i mean if i dont have more than the max limit of apap in me from the last 24 hours ill dose up.

now if i wake up with 50 ill do nothing but cwe.

im slow as shit right now sorry.

oh to the op... yeah i notice that too when i am full.

annd

On second thought I am quite sure that with long term use, using on an empty or full stomach will not make that much of a difference in terms of how it makes you feel. Health and safety is a different matter altogether. It is strongly advised not to use any class a substances on emty stomach or under dehydration.

Regardless or not you will are consuming a drug in its active state into your body so it will have effect. the peak probably be weaker especially if you just ate two big macs... you know what i mean.... its gonna last a bit longer than on a full stomach as well.

but as doko said a small fatty snack will be beneficial.

major short term mem lapse there... im done on this one

Last edited: