• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Racine Man Charged With Manufacturing LSD

spini4

Bluelighter
RACINE, Wis. -- A Racine man could face more charges after police found an alleged drug lab in his apartment. His ex-girlfriend was also found dead in the apartment.

Eric Gallup, 32, appeared in court Friday. He's charged with manufacturing LSD, delivering narcotics and maintaining a drug trafficking lab.

Assistant district attorney Sharon Riek called the charges "very preliminary." She said police are determining to what extent other people in the building were in danger.

Earlier this week, 26-year-old Caledonia resident Sarah Blask was found dead inside Gallup's apartment. Authorities are waiting for results of toxicology tests to determine her cause of death.

continued at http://www.channel3000.com/news/25652301/detail.html

Im sorry I had a little laugh. They make it out like the dead woman was nothing. Like when you hear of a drug raid when they add the bit in the end about other things they found.

Police raided an LSD lab today and seized $100,000 worth of drugs destined to your children. They also found a joint, a stolen lap top, a dead woman and some lotto tickets

Police raided an LSD lab today and seized $100,000 worth of drugs destined to your children. They also found a joint, a stolen lap top, a dead woman and some lotto tickets

that's fucking classic, like a southpark tv report

Pretty clear from the article that they had already reported the death and this was an update on further charges the man could be facing.

I have a feeling he didn't have a lab at all. I'd guess at least he was extracting LSA, at most he might have been holding some precursors. I could be wrong but I was always under the impression that people making LSD were smarter than that...like I don't know maybe moving the lab/or the dead girl before calling the police?

I wanna see how this turns out.

Racine Man Charged With Manufacturing LSD Police Found Man's Dead Girlfriend In Apart

Racine Man Charged With Manufacturing LSD
Police Found Man's Dead Girlfriend In Apartment Earlier

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/lo...cle_1c035f34-e923-11df-8bba-001cc4c002e0.html

RACINE - Police still don't know the danger the alleged drug lab uncovered this week posed to other residents of the apartment building.

Eric Gallup, 32, 3025 Washington Ave. Apt. 2B, is charged with manufacturing LSD, delivering narcotics and maintaining a drug trafficking place, after police found what appeared to be an elaborate drug lab in his apartment. The investigation began after Sarah Blask, 26, Caledonia, was found dead in his apartment Wednesday morning.

Assistant District Attorney Sharon Riek said these are "very preliminary charges."

Gallup has a record, Riek said, and recently finished eight years of probation for a 2002 drug conviction.

"The matter is still in the active stages of investigation," she said. "Police are determining the extent to which other people in the building were in danger and exploring other charges related to that."

She said this investigation started when Blask was found dead. There was "no anatomical reason" for Blask's death, she said, and they are still waiting for results from toxicology tests and the crime lab "before a full picture of what Mr. Gallup did can be revealed."

According to the criminal complaint filed Friday, the first officers at Gallup's apartment found Blask on the floor, covered with a blanket. Paramedics determined she was dead, and officers saw injuries to her face and blood near where she was lying. There were also needle marks in her arm, and Gallup said they had injected heroin the night before.

During the investigation at the apartment, an officer opened a closet and discovered what appeared to be a "clandestine chemical laboratory."
The closet was filled with glassware, including vials, beakers, test tubes and reaction chambers, as well as electrical hotplates and high pressure cookers. There were jars with by-products from some type of manufacturing process and bags of buckwheat seed and a starchy paste for growing mold.

Officers gave a description of the materials found to a Drug Enforcement Administration agent, who said continued exposure to the items would be hazardous to the officers. DEA agents and members of the Fire Department's Hazardous Materials Unit were sent in to photograph and video the suspected lab, and eventually disassemble it and take samples for further testing.
Based on the items present, agents said Gallup would have the ability to produce anything he had a recipe for, including LSD, synthetic heroin, Fentanyl or methamphetamine.

Residents of the apartment building told The Journal Times chemical smells, like bleach, sometimes came from Gallup's apartment, but they did not know what he was doing inside, behind the blacked-out windows.

-----------------------------------------------------

OP's comment ---- this fellow seems to be a amateur chemist, I highly doubt he would have been able produce much if any quality LSD in his little apartment setup. The statement that the DEA gave was kind of odd, claiming that he had everything he needed to produce; LSD, Synthetic heroin (WTF!) fent, and meth. Seems like an odd statement to me. I looked up his history in the CCAP Wisconsin's online court record database, and he has numerous convictions for coke, meth, delivery, also a couple odd charges probably related to previous labs, probably in which meth/amphet were produced. The fact this is a current heroin (needle) user and is trying to make LSD seems like a conflict of interest to me. Either way this guy seems weird to me, he apparently just got off from 8 years of probation, kid was probably itching to try his little chem hobby out, lesson dont shot the hero in the same place you are TRYING to produce LSD/whatever the fuck it is he was actually trying to make.

Sound like he might have been growing mushrooms. Pressure cooker, hot plates, jars, buckwheat seeds, mold. Very unlikely he was making LSD.

Why have they charged him with producing LSD if there was no actual evidence that he was producing LSD? Did they find any LSD?

Like it says, he could have been making anything..

Odd.