• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Drugs Blamed For Death Of Tasered Suspect

spini4

Bluelighter
DALLAS - A coroner says toxic levels of cocaine, PCP and
Ecstasy caused the accidental death of a robbery suspect after Dallas police shocked him with a Taser.

The report from the Dallas County medical examiner's office
involves the Sept. 12 death of 30-year-old Freddie Lee Lockett.

The Dallas Morning News, for its Wednesday editions, reported a Taser was used on Lockett at least six time in an attempt to subdue the fleeing suspect while he acted erratically.

Officers handcuffed Lockett, then took him to an ambulance.

continued at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39987235

Of course, it wasn't the taser. That would be silly to suggest that…

I mean call me old fashioned but if the cops are going to use excessive force what's wrong with a regular beat down?

Its like since these tasers went mainstream cops feel like they can use them for anything. Fuck just do your job, like warning, throw some punches, use a billy club, THEN taser. Not "eh the guy looked really fucked up and was screaming so I figured why not tase him".

Oh yeah, the massive amount of electricity flowing through his body was obviously harmless. Of course it was the drugs that killed him! 8)

ummmm fuck tha police

Yep the drug cocktail did it, not the massive shock from the "non-lethal" tazer, trigger happy cops:X

A taser will not typically result in any sort of injury beyond the feeling of being shocked and perhaps falling to the ground and hitting your head. A billy club will usually cause more serious and lasting injury. I'm not justifying it, just explaining it.

I mean call me old fashioned but if the cops are going to use excessive force what's wrong with a regular beat down?

Its like since these tasers went mainstream cops feel like they can use them for anything. Fuck just do your job, like warning, throw some punches, use a billy club, THEN taser. Not "eh the guy looked really fucked up and was screaming so I figured why not tase him".

Of course, it wasn't the taser. That would be silly to suggest that…

The taser was the catalyst here!

Oh yeah, the massive amount of electricity flowing through his body was obviously harmless. Of course it was the drugs that killed him! 8)

Well all criminals deserve to be tased... do all of them deserve the right to be on drugs?

A taser will not typically result in any sort of injury beyond the feeling of being shocked and perhaps falling to the ground and hitting your head. A billy club will usually cause more serious and lasting injury. I'm not justifying it, just explaining it.
billy clubs dont do damage to organs...

Ever get clubbed in the abdomen? It can easily rupture your kidneys, spleen or liver and crack a rib puncturing your lungs,

Well all criminals deserve to be tased... do all of them deserve the right to be on drugs?

Surely at the time the police are 'restraining' the individual, they are still only a suspect. Not the police's job to act as judge - OR dish out punishment.

If they are 'restraining' a suspect, then it's a suspect who is resisting. Otherwise there would be no need to restrain. Under those circumstances, some kind of police response is required.

IMO, they should be using something that is designed to immobilize a suspect without causing any physical harm or pain. I saw a tv program once that demonstrated non-lethal weapons. They showed a foam that instantly expands and is so sticky that it will instantly bind your hands and legs. But that gives the police no violent satisfaction.

Surely at the time the police are 'restraining' the individual, they are still only a suspect. Not the police's job to act as judge - OR dish out punishment.

Hahahahahahahaha, god sometimes sarcasm is just TOO necessary, thanks for the early morning laugh!

If they are 'restraining' a suspect, then it's a suspect who is resisting. Otherwise there would be no need to restrain. Under those circumstances, some kind of police response is required.

IMO, they should be using something that is designed to immobilize a suspect without causing any physical harm or pain. I saw a tv program once that demonstrated non-lethal weapons. They showed a foam that instantly expands and is so sticky that it will instantly bind your hands and legs. But that gives the police no violent satisfaction.

Imagine that in the face.. sounds risky.

There's always risk when you're trying to restrain someone who is resisting. it's a matter of mitigating the risk while still getting the job done. I was just conveying something I saw on tv. I would hope that in this age of technology there is a better way to subdue somebody besides whacking them with a club or shocking them into submission.

Imagine that in the face.. sounds risky.