• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How long before you consider the long-term effects?

Lyghtsout

Greenlighter
I know this is a dumb question but what's the most doses of MDMA you believe a person should take in their lifetime before they need to start to worry about the long-term effects?

I myself have been able to keep record due to the way I use the drug. For the past 3 years I have been through roughly 4 binges with months in between where I would roll on average once a week to once every 3-4 days. I sometimes took very many (up to 11 a night) which helped me count them up. Very stupid I know... Anyways I always kept somewhat of a record of how many pills I took each binge I know it's somewhere between 150 and 200 at most. 90% of what I took were pokeballs (lucky I know) anything else was tested to be pure or close enough. I woke up to reality recently and said to myself, "is 200 too many?" I realized how dumb it was to ask myself this NOW and chose to quit the drug permanently. I looked online to see what other people considered to be too many, or enough to cause NOTICEABLE long-term problems, out of curiosity and found NOTHING. Even people that give testimonies of problems hardly ever mention how often they took it, a round figure of how many, and how long ago they started.

So I figured I would throw this out there, very broad question every answer of course is going to be biased there is no fact I am just curious to see where the stop sign is for the majority. For me it was 100, but I let the amazing effects of the drug blind me and for some reason I never really lost the magic one pill to this day will make me roll balls I do come down noticeably quicker and have less afterglow but every time I peak I swear its my best roll.

Also I think it would be informative if people posted their history and if they've experienced problems. How many pills you've taken, how long ago you've started, how often ect. and if you have experienced problems with depression, memory, ect.

Another question is since I have gone way overboard what precautions can I take to help with recovery of serotonin? I am already beginning a strict diet, starting a workout program, devoting myself to abstinence or moderation with other substances, attempting to go above and beyond with all I do. Anything to alleviate future depression. What supplements are good to take? Also I'd like to know if there's any other practice I didn't mention that's known to help with depression would be a great help I want to take every step possible.

I would say no one can really tell you an exact figure for something like that.

I would just say avoid binges, do it as little as possible, only on special occasions with the right people and you'll be able to enjoy MDMA for life.

I would say you're dosing schedule was a bit over the top. But if you quit doing it, you should be fine in 6-12 month.

Check this article to see what I mean:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2006/apr/04/drugsandalcohol.drugs1

I think in about 100 years, people will approach the issue of MDMA induced neurotoxicity in a much less sensationalistic manner.

I personally didn't believe that MDMA would have any long term effects after I looked into it because most of the studies done on it were completely blown out of proportion/wrong. But I've personally probably done it more than you have and only within a 3 year period. I've had those binges where we would each take 4 or 5 a night every few days. And there have been nights when we had competitions to see who could eat the most, which would end up with us each having sometimes 20.

I can honestly say that my memory isn't anywhere near what it used to be when I first started using the drug. It's hard for me to remember alot of names, and I also have to study more than I previously did.

I have stopped using MDMA almost completely once I realized that it was actually having a negative effect on me. I occasionally will take 1 or 2 every month or so at the most (which is good considering there being a decent amount of it around me). But yes, MDMA definitely has negative long term effects if used in an excessive amount. Take if from personal experience!

hi lyghtsout im not an mdma user but from life experience i have learnt that whenever someone does behaviour that is risky they should quit while they are ahead.

its a simple rule but very true.

I went on a every weekend binge for about 2 months. All started from at the gathering of the vibes, my friend dumped about 3.5 grams of the sluttyest molly i have ever seen, and divided it up into somehwere between, .5- .7 lines and offered it to me for free. I took the entire line by dipping my finger in the line. It was my entire index finger full. Anyway thats what started my binge that lasted for about 2 months.

I started feeling very stupid and very e tarded. So i switched to LSD for it non nero-toxic qualities. I havent used mdma in about 3 months and i feel alot better. I dont feel much perm. damage. I think it all comes back to you at some point.

I think you should consider the long term effects before you even start using a drug - that way you know what your getting yourself into and can take precautions and use the drug in a safe and controlled manner.

If your only using MDMA one a month or every few months then the chances of you running into problems later down the line are pretty slim (Obviously depending on your body/brain etc). If however you are using every week (several times per week) and taking stupid doses then the risks of problems like depression etc will increase.

That goes for the majority of drugs though - if used in moderation and safely then the risks are greatly reduced.

I haven’t had any major problems associated with MDMA use, I have used for over years and I couldn’t even tell you how many pills I have taken. The supplements 'may' help you but to be honest, if your looking after your body and not abusing any drugs then they are simply not needed – obviously the anti-oxidant and vitamin supplements if your not eating and out all night dancing can only be a good thing.

I appreciate all the previous responses they hit the nail on the head.

I suffer no ill-effects I am quitting mostly due to the round number of 200 in 3 years. I have to say the number 1 ill effect is missing the times and experiences I had rolling and wishing I would have respected it more to prolong the experience. For me it's going to be a inspiration/motivation tool I am going to take it only when I accomplish something major (graduating school, wedding night, ect.) ill never take it to party or binge again.

As someone mentioned earlier the bad science provided by the government regarding MDMA is my #1 reason for binging as well, they lied about marijuana and I believe they lied about this to an extent. However, once I got to where I couldn't count how many I taken I started to question, "WHAT IF they are even just partially right, I am gonna be fucked if I keep doing this!" I did my own more in depth research and started to freak out. Bad science and my own foolishness got me to where I am and I blame both those things before the drug. It helps to see I am not alone, I thought I was going to be bashed for being a careless "E-Tard" I really appreciate the honesty, kindness, and information.

Lyghsout - I have been using for over 20 years and Im still going strong :D

If you abuse the drug your only abusing yourself - treat it with respect and enjoy the experience for years to come.