View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Charity offers UK drug addicts £200 to be sterilised

7zark7

Bluelight Crew
[size=+1]Charity offers UK drug addicts £200 to be sterilised[/size]
17 October 2010

Drug addicts across the UK are being offered money to be sterilised by an American charity.

Project Prevention is offering to pay £200 to any drug user in London, Glasgow, Bristol, Leicester and parts of Wales who agrees to be operated on.

The first person in the UK to accept the cash is drug addict "John" from Leicester who says he "should never be a father".

The move has been criticised by some drug charities who work with addicts.

Full article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11545519

What
The
Actual
Fuck?

This is a complete... I can't even get this into words.

I'd pay every single employee of that charity £200 to have them sterilised with no anaesthesia and a rusty blade.

Err, there was something about this too in the United States in this section or current event and politics not long ago.

Can someone who is not a drug addict do it for money?

I'm very keen to complain about this. Does anybody who is more in the know want to give me a suitable email address? If we all emailed the same person we might be able to get some exposure to this awful story.

Shit I want to be sterilized anyway so I get that for free plus $315 sign me up.

I think it's sick.

Where do we draw the line.

Smoking is bad for ya baby - sterilise you.

Drinking is bad for ya baby - sterilise you.

Eating the wrong foods bad for ya baby - sterilise you.

Thiefs can have £200 if they get their hands chopped off.

Why do these people get off on this so much.

I'm very keen to complain about this. Does anybody who is more in the know want to give me a suitable email address? If we all emailed the same person we might be able to get some exposure to this awful story.

there's a lot of people on bluelight who think project prevention is a good idea. real bluelighters, not trolls. see the thread from user:kenickie (on which barbara harris the founder apparently created an account to defend her work).

I'll pay £200 to have all the founders sterilised. They're the ones who should not be passing their genes on.
Absolute retards... Are they really that retarded that they think this will magically cure the world of drug addicts? I bet they sleep like fucking babies...

a question to these retards

Q - How would you feel if ALL your children came forward to admit they were addicted to a substance - be it ANY substance i.e. nicotine, alcohol, cocaine?

This is so fucked that I'm struggling to believe it.

The £200 would only buy you a couple of years of semen storage though.

i presumed it was irreversible. still it's a lot to go through for £200 :!

All sources indicate that Vasectomies are indeed reversible, with a considered 50% success rate, rising to 75% if a reversal is carried out within 3 years of the original procedure.

I Might do this shit fo the extra money hah.

But the whole point of life vs 200 notes...hmm