Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Post-loading with Duloxetine

Glorbon

Greenlighter
Hi there I got a quick question.
I've heard that the neurotoxicity of MDMA can be prevented by postloading a SSRI 2-6 hours after the "trip".
Now I aint got no SSRI over here, so I'm wonderin' if a SNRI would do any difference?
An' if we're talkin' Duloxetine; what would be a good postload dose, after a pretty strong MDMA-session?

Cheers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duloxetine

Don't worry about post-loading with an AD. Invest in some piracetam, lipoic acid, and vitamin c. Take these after your roll as they are potent anti-oxidants and will help reduce the oxidate stress on your serotonergic neurons. You can add 5-htp too combat the post-roll depression.

Search this forum (in the top right of the page) and you will find copious amounts of information on this subject.

I believe the studies that people are always referring to when asking about AD decreasing neurotoxicity are referring specifically to prozac. This is from dancesafe.org:

"Does Prozac prevent MDMA neurotoxicity?

SSRIs (prescription anti-depressant drugs, such as Prozac, Paxil and Zoloft) stick to and block the SERTs. Because of this effect, SSRIs can reduce the ability of the chemical that causes MDMA neurotoxicity (whatever it is) to get inside the axon and cause damage.[15] However, in doing so they also reduce MDMA's ability to work. As a result, people who are on daily doses of SSRIs may be safe from neurotoxicity, but they usually don't feel the normal effects of MDMA either. The idea of using SSRIs to prevent neurotoxicity is something of a catch-22: If you take the SSRI after coming down from the MDMA, it's probably too late to do a lot of good. On the other hand, taking an SSRI before-hand tends to reduce the desired effects of MDMA, making it more logical to simply take less MDMA in the first place. All things considered, it's unlikely that taking an SSRI before or after MDMA is a very useful prevention strategy. Since SSRIs have their own side effects and potential risks, the practice should probably be avoided."