• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Feds bust major marijuana operation, agency says:

His Name Is Frank

Bluelight Crew
Federal agents capped a two-year investigation Friday with dozens of arrests they say have broken open a marijuana smuggling operation that "dominated" the New York market for two decades, Immigrations and Customs Enforcement announced.
Among those arrested were Kareem "Biggs" Burke, a founder of rapper Jay-Z's Roc-A-Fella Records, and High Times magazine ad salesman Matthew "Magazine Guy" Stang, ICE said.

Link

A two-year investigation? Dozens of arrests? For a plant? That makes people laugh?
What in the name of God is wrong with these people?

Jay Z's Roc-A-Fella Co-Founder Arrested in Marijuana Bust

Forty-four people were arrested in drug raids involving California, Florida, and New York on Friday. Kareem "Biggs" Burke, co-founder of Jay Z's Roc-A-Fella Records, was one of the 44 people who were arrested.

Burke was arrested for allegedly talking over the phone with the ringleader about "grow houses," reports Yahoo News. Burke was arrested alongside a High Times Magazine employee. Burke faces a life sentence in prison with a minimum of serving 10 years.

According to CNN, the arrests involved a two-year operation, during which federal agents discovered an open marijuana smuggling operation spanning for nearly two decades. The marijuana ring dominated the New York market. It is being reported that the drugs were grown in Florida and California. Then they were smuggled to New York and sold on the street.

"With today's arrests, we have successfully shut down a major pipeline for marijuana distribution in New York City," said Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara. "This successful operation was the result of a dedicated and ongoing partnership among federal, state, and local law enforcement and reaffirms our zero-tolerance policy for those who flout our drug laws."

http://newsone.com/entertainment/ca...-co-founder-arrested-in-major-marijuana-bust/

Last edited:
Damn, Jay Z's people are heavy in the weed game. 10 years in prison during a time when the need to sell drugs should be someone else's job now, that's kind of a shame.

Such a fucking shame how many lives are being ruined by our government over a plant, which in comparison to alcohol is 100% benign. How often do people smoke a joint, then wake up in a jail cell having no idea how they got there only to find out they assaulted someone, got a DUI, killed someone, robbed someone, etc. When they never would have done that normally? No one.

How many people are killed by someone driving after smoking a joint every year? Honestly, im not sure since i have never even hear of such a case.

Yet this mans life is now ruined for at LEAST the next ten years. And who knows when he'll actually get out, or if anything will still be waiting for him when he does. It fucking pisses me off.

shit that sucks.

Oh well...he'll most likely be out in less than 10 years...just another hustla going to jail, nothing new.

he'll be fine. this guy is caked up... he'll do 5 years or less of actual time i bet

he should have used the "I was just crossing an imaginary border with some plants" defense that George Jung (think Blow) used unsuccessfully to the prosecution

NYC might seem to be liberal, but it is one of the worst police states I have ever seen. been arrested there, and it was not fun

idk if i was givin the choice i think 5 years would be a blessing rather than 10