• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long can a shot of oxymorphone sit around for?

Bupe

Bluelighter
So I prepped a well filtered (non micron but the next best thing) shot of oxymorphone and am feeling a little sick from my last dose and realize it's getting late so I want to save it for tomorrow.

I don't think oxymorphone degrades like heroin dose but I'm wondering if it is safe to keep the shot as is for a day or maybe two tops. Thanks for the help.:|

Also could I heat it to kill bacteria if I have to leave it longer or dose heat degrade oxymorphone? I'm noticing my tolerance building from just one little hydromorphone dose yesterday and I have a very limited supply...

it wont degrade but if you leave it sitting overnight or longer its going to be swarming with bacteria...

and if you heat it, by the time you heated off enough bacteria, you would destroy most of the oxymorphone...

overnight, you might be okay... 1 day, you would most likely get trash fever as soon as you shot it, longer and you'll just add insult to injury.

your best bet would be to either plug it, or put it in the fridge... i would say, fridge will be fine into tomorrow, but even then once it gets into the evening i would just plug it.

it wont degrade but if you leave it sitting overnight or longer its going to be swarming with bacteria...

and if you heat it, by the time you heated off enough bacteria, you would destroy most of the oxymorphone...

overnight, you might be okay... 1 day, you would most likely get trash fever as soon as you shot it, longer and you'll just add insult to injury.

your best bet would be to either plug it, or put it in the fridge... i would say, fridge will be fine into tomorrow, but even then once it gets into the evening i would just plug it.

People leave shots of street heroin that has all sorts of crap in it and bacteria merely sucked through cotton for 18 hours easy and don't have problems other than a little loss in potency... Why do you say it would be swarming with bacteria overnight? It was sterile water to start with and the mixture filtered through a syringe backloaded with cotton and went from pink to crystal clear and is in an air tight syringe. I think you're exaggerating the timeframe/risk a little for this circumstance, I could understand if you were referring to a shot of dope.

Also, what evidence do you have that oxymorphone degrades with heat? People heated Numorphan blues all through the seventies and if it degraded then how was it the most sought after opioid in existence? I'm not meaning to sound like a prick, those are just some genuine questions.

^If you're going to be that adversarial to people giving you harm reduction advice, you're going to turn people off from trying to help.

There's absolutely no way anyone can predict how much bacteria is going to grow in your shot and at what rate so speculating is futile.

I'm not going to give you a time frame that it'll still be safe because I have no idea and no matter how many people come on here and say "I was THIS UNSAFE and it was fine" its no guarantee that you won't be at risk or doing harm.

If you are going to store it at least refrigerate it like etard said to slow bacterial growth and if you're going to continue IV'ing pills, seriously consider micron filtration.

^If you're going to be that adversarial to people giving you harm reduction advice, you're going to turn people off from trying to help.

There's absolutely no way anyone can predict how much bacteria is going to grow in your shot and at what rate so speculating is futile.

I'm not going to give you a time frame that it'll still be safe because I have no idea and no matter how many people come on here and say "I was THIS UNSAFE and it was fine" its no guarantee that you won't be at risk or doing harm.

If you are going to store it at least refrigerate it like etard said to slow bacterial growth and if you're going to continue IV'ing pills, seriously consider micron filtration.

I'm not adverse to help, I was just responding to his points trying to work through them logically. Refrigerator is out of the question, I can't risk a roommate finding it, people get weird about needles and I'm not about to risk that awkward situation.

Ok let's leave bacterial growth rates off the table. We CAN find out somehow from anecdotal evidence or from some source if oxymorphone degrades from heat or by how much and that will solve this matter.

anecdotal evidence is severely limited in its application here... obviously not exactly the same, but you know how many people have taken doses of tramadol over 400mg and not seized? does that make it worth it for people to try?

You might be able to find someone who knows how quickly oxymorphone degrades from heat but I doubt it'll be quick enough for this situation.

I understand your roommate issue as I've been in similar situations... but you don't need to leave it right in my middle of the top shelf. You can't tape it under a shelf in the back or drop in a ziplock bag in ketchup they don't use or something?

Gottap ut it in the fridge bro. You gotta have a leftover box or something that your roomates wont check over the course of 12 hours. Hide it in a small container and put it somewhere not visible in the fridge. Me thinks your making this harder than it has to be.

Stability-wise, I don't think it will break down.

As the other have said, it will be swimming in bacteria. Heating it will probably cause oxymorphone to break down and WILL NOT sterilize the liquid. Unless you micron filter it, your solution will always have bacteria. The fridge is necessary for safety because the cold temperature will limit bacterial growth.

im sorry but you act as though i was insulting you by telling you that your shot might have bacteria in it after being untouched for an extended period of time... i wasn't inferring that you used unsterile equipment, relax. i have never seen somebody get that upset over information that will help them...

honestly, nobody on a harm reduction site is going to tell you that there is no harm in INJECTING directly into your bloodsteam a solution of water that has been sitting out for more than a day. no amount of cottons restrict the growth of bacteria. period. you would be surprised how much bacteria spreads in water that has been out for a day.

and you dont think that heat destroys opiates?? the only reason people got high in the seventies is because nobody heated their blues... there is no reason to heat pills.

why would you burn off "the most sought after drug?"

I do appreciate the input, forgive me for challenging some of it for the sake of getting the best possible solution, isn't that the whole point of discussion? You didn't offend me.

I'm up and still feeling too nauseous to sleep. I''ll just go shoot my half a blue and go puke a while [/Nadine].

Would adding a little benzyl alcohol make/keep the shot sterile?

Would adding a little benzyl alcohol make/keep the shot sterile?

Yes, but I am not sure for how long.

The longest I left a shot of anything in sterile water (without benzyl alcohol) was probably 4-5 hours max. The longest I have left a shot of something in bacteriostatic water (which is 0.9% benzyl alcohol) is probably days, if not a week or two. That's without micron filtering.