• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Valium Issues

What was it?

Bluelighter
I have never taken a lot of valium but had some stressy times recently so hit a few last Friday. It seems I took too much. First I started 10mg which made me feel ok and woozy....just as expected. for whatever stupid reason I started binging...so I took another 10mg each hour for 4 more hours...total 50mg......and sincce then I have some real memory issues.

It's actually quite scarey. I went to the gym Sat morning and cant even remember that properly...and even on Sunday....I hardly remember what i did all weekend long. Today at work (Monday) I said have a good weekend to a colleague!!!! WTF is going on with me??? Can 50mg of diazepam do this shit to me? It's massively scarey and I would advise anybody to be really careful with high dies valium.

Any idea why this is?

It's a classic response to a new benzo (ab)user. You lose the ability to store/recall sort term memory and then at other times you turn into a zombie just going through the motions.

It should wear of soon. Valium has a fairly long half life. Just try to stay calm and if you can, stay home.

It's a classic response to a new benzo (ab)user. You lose the ability to store/recall sort term memory and then at other times you turn into a zombie just going through the motions.

It should wear of soon. Valium has a fairly long half life. Just try to stay calm and if you can, stay home.

thanks for the advice...except for my ex-weed usage days I've never ever had memory issues....even heroin doesn't do that.

Even this seems a little long, it's half life is very long with it's active metabolites it can be up to 200 hours. However it's duration of action is more like 12-15 hours, if high dosed there can be lingering effects the next day. But your not going to have anxiety relief.

Klonopin however has a 36 hour half life, and after high doses of it you can feel it for 2 days.

Anyways benzo's erase your memory. I've had plenty of times where i've asked somone a question, or did somthing. Then forgot about it only to be reminded when the person said somthing.

It's really easy to forget peoples names. And even forget what somones saying as there saying it.

It definently slows down your learning ability to a hault. Valium is a little less extreme them klonopin, but infamous for giving people "the slows". Into the next day.

I would honestly say to take it easy, dont take to much. And only use benzodiazapines for sleep and anxiety. There not a drug that should be used recreationly, although they are.

This typically leads to a very bad habbit, and somtimes even addiction. You dont want to get addicted to this crap, one day you might have a seizure and think to your self "this was all because I was trying to get high".

So anxiety and sleep issues only, unless you have midazolam which has a 1 hour half life and is water soluble, hits you like a ton of bricks lol.

Good luck hope everything works out, sorry for the long post I just would hate for somone to make a terrible mistake.

^good advice... while his experience is certainly toward the long-end of expected duration of effects, he probably exceeded what he needed therapeutically for stress/anxiety by a factor of 5-10 so I'm not really surprised he had some residual effects that long after.

50mg is a lot of Valium, which, as pointed out, has a pretty long half-life...

wow if only 5 tens could effect me like it used to.
It only makes me feel half decent ,,used to smoke pot with at least 5 tens and would feel great,More like it just took away my bad thoughts and made me feel happy.
I think i would have to take at least ten now to feel the same.....

Even this seems a little long, it's half life is very long with it's active metabolites it can be up to 200 hours. However it's duration of action is more like 12-15 hours, if high dosed there can be lingering effects the next day. But your not going to have anxiety relief.

Klonopin however has a 36 hour half life, and after high doses of it you can feel it for 2 days.

Anyways benzo's erase your memory. I've had plenty of times where i've asked somone a question, or did somthing. Then forgot about it only to be reminded when the person said somthing.

It's really easy to forget peoples names. And even forget what somones saying as there saying it.

It definently slows down your learning ability to a hault. Valium is a little less extreme them klonopin, but infamous for giving people "the slows". Into the next day.

I would honestly say to take it easy, dont take to much. And only use benzodiazapines for sleep and anxiety. There not a drug that should be used recreationly, although they are.

This typically leads to a very bad habbit, and somtimes even addiction. You dont want to get addicted to this crap, one day you might have a seizure and think to your self "this was all because I was trying to get high".

So anxiety and sleep issues only, unless you have midazolam which has a 1 hour half life and is water soluble, hits you like a ton of bricks lol.

Good luck hope everything works out, sorry for the long post I just would hate for somone to make a terrible mistake.

Thanks for all the concern. I totally agree now that I will only take this for anxiety if I am not able to calm myself down without them....thanks again.

wow if only 5 tens could effect me like it used to.
It only makes me feel half decent ,,used to smoke pot with at least 5 tens and would feel great,More like it just took away my bad thoughts and made me feel happy.
I think i would have to take at least ten now to feel the same.....

That sucks :/

tolerance is annoying :X

I took 3 tens around 7 hours ago and i'm still feeling awesome, plus i'm smoking weed here and there so i'm sure that has something to do with it.

I will jump in and say that benzo's shouldn't be abused - they aren't that great and it destroys any theraputic properties they might have given you.

I will jump in and say that benzo's shouldn't be abused - they aren't that great and it destroys any theraputic properties they might have given you.

Ack.... so true. Been on so many types of benzos for so many years and when I have panic attacks, valium doesnt do anything but make me groggy. Same with xanax, klonopin, serax, phenazepam, ativan, versed and restoril. Heed muvolution's words; they become a curse rather than a blessing if used other than when absolutely necessary!

~ vaya

I took benzos for granted, as my psych doc used to give ativan - no problem for more than 6 years. My pain doctor prescribed valium and I have so many unfilled that I found in a drawer. But when my opiate usage reached a peak, neither would give me any more benzos. They didn't want me to get addicted and I'm sort of grateful for that. But it would be nice to have some, if needed.
:(

You should consider your self lucky tbh, even without a tolerance valium never did anything more than relaxing me

First time i tried 30mg and had to force myself to sleep, even with 100mg i can still remember anything and act normal :(

Mind you i don't have a huge benzo tolerance but they don't seem to hit the spot for me like they do for others which is a bummer

ah, Ativan, best benzo ever.
I was in Colombia, Cartagena to be exact and had to go to the hospital because I had this horrendous eye infection and well, i guess the pharmacist needed a script even though they could see i just needed some antibiotics, so while I'm there in my stilted Spanish I tell them I need some lorazepam.
So I got a script.

For 3. 3 pills. I'm so pissed off, puta and I'm out the door. well I get to the pharmacy and they fill the antibiotic and then I give em the other one and the woman looks at it quizically and by now i've given up all apearances so I'm just drinking straight from a codeine bottle and she asks, "tres, o tres cajas."
caja, caja, what the fuck is a caja my medicine-addled brain struggles with it for 3, 4 seconds, an eternity.
Case. 3 or 3 cases.
Tres cajas, claro.

well a fuckin case of those is 100, so I got 300 2mg Ativan in colombia for like $5. This was like 5 years ago and i've never gotten high from a benzo since.

Have had Clonazapam and diazapam, both nice, but only to come down of coke!!! for no other reason!! use coke tice a month!!! so I know where i'm heading if I continue!! 40yrs soon so time to start thinking!!!

Benzos aren't really recreation substances in the first place in my opinion. Either you dose low, and don't really feel too noticeable of effects. Or you dose too high, and end up with memory impairment and other issues stemming from what you did while on them. I don't see anything too euphoric about that.

Not trying to bash the OP, just offer some advice for the future. The only time that you will probably actually enjoy the effects of benzos is when you are suffering from bad anxiety or a panic attack. In those situations they can be the most euphoric thing in the world.

Be safe, and if you do decide to try them again, just dose lower seeing that you don't have too much of a tolerance.

$0.02

Benzos aren't really recreation substances in the first place in my opinion. Either you dose low, and don't really feel too noticeable of effects. Or you dose too high, and end up with memory impairment and other issues stemming from what you did while on them. I don't see anything too euphoric about that.

Not trying to bash the OP, just offer some advice for the future. The only time that you will probably actually enjoy the effects of benzos is when you are suffering from bad anxiety or a panic attack. In those situations they can be the most euphoric thing in the world.

Be safe, and if you do decide to try them again, just dose lower seeing that you don't have too much of a tolerance.

$0.02

I think the right kinds of benzos (temazepam, midazolam) are plenty recreational. I just think that they are better as one-time experiences, or with infrequent usage it can be somewhat enjoyable. Using them daily/often is a really bad idea, and inevitably tolerance will get to be a semi-permanent state if you are addicted to them for long enough.

I find valium pretty euphoric, xanax is alright too

Dont really like k pins or ativan much though

Really it just depends on which benzo it is, a few of them are actually good.