• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How long for serotonin recovery?

Raven SWE

Bluelighter
I looked in the search and didn't find anything concrete, forgive me if it's been covered.
After a high dose of MDMA how long does it take to fully recover all the serotonin naturally? I took MDMA on friday (see "trippy pills 8o") and will do so on saturday as well but I want my levels to be loaded so I have as good of a roll as possible. Should I buy some 5-HTP?

So it is a good idea to get some 5-HTP then? How much should I take and how often?

5htp has mixed reviews here, and imo i do not like it either. but yeah you can use that. it makes me throw up a shit ton as does it i have read other people, but some people say it works. try it :) just read about st johns Worrt, some herbal supplement that people with MDMA damage swear by

I'm not sure I'm understanding your post correctly, but if you're suggesting taking 5-htp for after the fact recovery, it's worked for me in the past. However, you should not take it for the few days leading up to your roll because it has been known to diminish the roll for people...kind of like an SSRI would do, but not as much. If you're taking 5-htp over a long period, I would make sure I had more than just a few days off it before I rolled.

The German brain scan studies from ABC's 'Ecstasy Rising' program found that 2-3 months of abstinence resulted in normal serotonin function.

I think there are other variables which can adjust this (frequency of use, dosage taken), but from personal experience I think 3 months fully resets it. Additionally, I only take MDMA every 3 months.

The only reason I wanted to take some is because I'm rolling again on saturday, only 8 days after my last one. It will only be my 3rd time ever but I want it to be as good as possible and was worried I won't have a sufficient level of serotonin to get the full effect, but if the 5-HTP has a chance of diminishing the effects I'll just leave it out and hope the roll is as good as the last one :p
I'm not really suffering a comedown apart from a bit of tiredness, so that isn't the reason I want it.

^ trust me you'll be fine.

It's your third time rolling you can get away with doing it a week after your previous roll. I rolled every week for 3 weeks straight and it was amazing. I didn't feel any decrease in my roll. Just take a break afterwards an you should be ok

My friend gave me these purple and white pill these other night after we got done rolling at Deadmau5. he called them rollovers, was nothing but herbs, nothing illegal. I took a couple and took them the next day i must say i felt pretty good around 2 days later. Ive been rolling on and off for 11 years and never found anything like this. I wish i new his company name....

Take the posts with a grain of salt. Imo, I don't believe MDMA is ok to be used one night or one week after another just because it's your first time. I think mdma is indiscriminate whether it's your first or 10th time, read the ecstasy essential guide

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79027

Personally I'd recommend you wait 3 months in between rolls. This doesn't mean you get to binge and take 3 month breaks either, you roll one night then wait 3 months etc.

If you'v rolled for years and years though. Some periods totally abusing the drug. Then gone over a year without it (in my case) will your tolerance serotonin levels go back to complete normality?

^ That's hard to say without actually going ahead and trying it, but if you haven't lost the magic previously then you should still be able to roll after a year break.

I know for a fact that it's not back to normal for quite some time. 4 week breaks between just aren't cutting it for me anymore. The last time I did it, the "magic" was still there, so to speak, but diminished somewhat. I haven't used it a lot 7-8 times total, but I'm giving my body time to heal now. I do find 5-htp helps, but yes, it does make you have to have more bowel movements.

There are way too many factors involved to determine how long it takes to replenish seratonin.

A healthy diet and exercise will probably speed it up a little though...