• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Quitting SSRI for MDMA

ShroominSam

Greenlighter
I have only been taking my SSRI (Luvox) for 12 days. For the first 7 days I took one 25 mg pill a day and for the last 5 days I've taken 2 X 25 mg pills. I understand quitting cold turkey on SSRI's is a bad idea but certain circumstances have come up and I need to be able to Roll on Mollys for 1 day coming in the next week or so, before i can start taking Luvox again.

So my question is, how many days do you think I will have to be off of the Luvox before I can roll on E and have at least a moderately good time? Im sure know one knows the exact answer as it is different for all people but Im hoping for an approximate guess. Will 3 or 4 or 5 days be enough considering I was only on the SSRI for only 12 days?

As a side note I'm also taking Klonopins and wondering if they will negatively impact my ability to enjoy E. I don't plan on quitting the Klonopins if I can help it. Can I still take them before/during/after rolling on E without a negative consequence?

Thanks in advance - Shroomin Sam

12 days aint long imo.... i quite paxil cold turkey after about two weeks when i noticed NO SEX Drive.... fuck that shit

The fact you are on anti-depressants means you shouldn't take MDMA, because X causes you serotonin levels to drop, which is the opposite of what Luvox is trying to do to help you.

I'm sorry but don't be an idiot, your on them for a reason. If you have to see if you can continue to take Luvox and go rolling.

Quote from a yahoo-answer response:
"The theory states that combining antidepressants, particularly SSRIs with ecstasy will radically increase the amount of damage done by ecstasy based on the principal that they share partial mechanisms of action by inhibiting reuptake, in addition to ecstasy's overwhelming potential to induce the release of several neurotransmitters. In addition, SSRIs do blunt the feelings of ecstasy somewhat, in some cases.

Really. Where do people get the impression that this doesn't totally screw their brain over? Drug rehab, psychiatric treatment centers, mental health care is all -swamped- with people who screwed themselves with this drug, usually during their teen years. Most of them are now so anxious and withdrawn they can barely leave their homes."

I can't stop you from doing it but be safe, don't do more than 2 all night OK.

last year I was in a similar situation. I had a trial for lexepro(another ssri) for which I only took for 4 days. I was scheduled to roll 2 weeks from when I quit cold turkey. The roll was very diminished from the ssri usage. Yes you will be able to roll, but ul likely have to take more to feel the same effects as u would if u didnt take an ssri in the first place.

I should have added this before, but I am not Taking Luvox for its antidepressant properties. I am taking Luvox for OCD. I dont have depression at all I think, but Ive had OCD for many many years so I figure it can wait before Im on the SSRI again. I have no problem holding off on taking Luvox for quite a while. Given this, my question still stands.

I don't know how to answer your Luvox question.

But as far as the Kolonopins go.... You can take them after you roll, but I would not take them the day of your roll before you've dropped, nor should you take them during your roll.

Benzos will dull your roll, bigtime.

Thanks for the replys guys/girls. I have decided not to take MDMA after all. Im going to continue my medication, and maybe Sometime in the next few years if Im still around, I may try MDMA again.