• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Friend charged with permitting drug use in death of John Dloniak

seep

Bluelighter
Ryan McCloud did not cause John Dloniak’s death, but he did allow Dloniak to use the drugs that killed him, Mentor Police said.

McCloud, 19, of Leroy Township, was with Dloniak when he injected the fatal dose of heroin into himself, Lt. Det. Ken Gunsch said.

McCloud was arrested Monday night and arraigned Tuesday morning on a charge of permitting drug abuse.

If convicted of permitting drug abuse, McCloud could be sentenced to one year in prison.

Full story

Thats crazy as hell,whats he supposed to do to stop a 19 year old ? Thats legal age to vote,go into the army and go to the pen. with the big time criminals,so why is a person responsible for another persons action the are doing to themself? These drug laws are fucking insane!

This is exactly analogous to a situation in which, if I were walking down the street with a friend, and my friend suddenly bolts into oncoming traffic and gets killed, I`d be charged with permitting him to run into traffic. I mean, let`s just blame everyone else other than the one that actually injected himself.

This is (one of the reasons) why people are hesitant to call 911 in the event of an overdose.

Wow, I never heard such bullshit in my life. This guy wasn't a minor. He made his own choices as a legal citizen in the united states. Bullshit, especially because the guy called 911 to save his life.

Its funny how you can get sued for helping save someones life, if they decide later on they didn't want any help, and now you can get put into jail for attempting to save someones life by calling 911. This is sickening

I do not agree with this, at all. It is completely obscene. Say you go to work with a fella on a construction site, and he is killed while semi-buzzed by his heavy machinery, should everyone on the jobsite be punished? NO!

So if you in a room with a person, and he injects a hotshot, you're held responsible?

I may have a semi-conscious objection to this though, to the man who sells herion mixed with fenny to a 16 year old girl, she dies? Is he held responsible, Im my opinion... I dont know Its not a definate no, and not a definate yes.

mcdoogle in some states you can get the death penalty if someone you sell certain drugs to someone and they OD. In Florida it's any schedule 1 plus cocaine and methadone

I'm guessing in Ohio snitching is mandatory.

selling drugs that results in a death is usually an involuntary manslaughter

Wow, what a great system. Go ahead, put the kid in jail, where he will probably serve a reduced sentence, get released and use again...instead of suggesting rehab where there's a chance another death like this one may be prevented.

Not saying rehab will do the job, but jail certainly isn't going to help.