• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

someone reassure me...

growlgrrl

Greenlighter
Hey all,

I'm sure I will feel dumb about this thread in the morning, and normally I could straighten myself out with a bit of logic, but for some reason I am really freaking out tonight.

I take .5-1mg of klonopin a night for sleep and as needed for panic attacks and 3-4mg about once a month for recreational use. I have taken benzos daily for years. I almost never take opiates anymore because they tend to make me really wired and sweaty and itchy and overall not great feeling.

Tonight I had a terrible headache and took about 50mg tramadol. Didn't touch it so I found some old hydro I had laying around from a surgery a few years ago and figured if I was going to use pain pills, I may as well get high, so I took about 25mg hydro. About two hours later after being pleasantly buzzed but not particularly stoned or anything, I took my usual 1mg klonopin. All of the sudden instead of feeling chill and relaxed I am convinced that I am going to stop breathing.

Someone step in and say the usual spiel about benzos and opiates not being the smartest thing to combine in high doses but 1mg of klonopin and 25mg of hydro isn't even enough to start nodding out on, much less stop breathing on.

Really annoying not even being high but being inexplicably worried that I'm going to OD if I go to bed.

Sorry for the newb-ish panicky post. Like I said, will feel dumb in the morning but super paranoid at the moment.

First off just stay calm.

If you are still awake you are probably okay. I would try to wake your self up a little bit. Have a cup of coffee, jog in place, or whatever.

I believe if you can keep yourself awake for a couple hours after these feelings start, you are okay.

Let us know how you are.

It's the Hydrocodone. 25 mg in a non-tolerant opiate user (I can see you are if you rarely touch opiates anymore) is a pretty heavy dose. Get next to somebody and have them scream and shake you if you just can't stay awake on your own. Tell the person that if you pass out and go unconscious to make sure you do not stop breathing and call an ambulance and give you mouth-2-mouth till they arrive.

Your heart is fine as long as you keep breathing. Force yourself to take deep breaths every other breath the keep you blood oxygen up.

Dudes, telling me to have somebody keep me awake [I live by myself] is not exactly good fodder for the panicky mind. Like I said, I'm not even that high [I'm sitting here watching youtube videos to keep myself distracted and posting on BL] just panicking -- prob from the body load of the hydro [being prone to panic attacks in general seems to mean than anytime my body does things that my brain associates with panic - racing heart, sweats, nausea, etc - kicks off the reinforcing feedback loop of panic = more panic]

In any case, thanks for hanging out in this thread, though i really needed someone to say, hey 25mg of hydrocodone and 1 mg of klonopin really isn't shit to worry about. In any case, it's been about 3 hours since I took the hydro and an hour since I took the kpin, so I think I'm fine.....

And yet another reminder of why I rarely do opiates :/ only my stupid fucked up brain could take drugs that result in relaxation and euphoria and spend the night pacing around the room wondering if I will stop breathing......

I'll stick with my once a month of 4mg klonopin plus a bunch of red bull and going to the club for recreation. All the disinhibition of alcohol without the sloppiness....

If you say you are handling it wel, then it seems you are O.K.

Don't take anymore chill pills tonight I think you have reached your limit.

Do something relaxing, Turn on comedy central, Stretch, Breath.

I used to do the same thing before my panic disorder turned into GAD.
Once you get to GAD, things get a lot smoother. But it just a natural feeling of un ease that you have right now.

You will be fine bro. If you keep posting, i will be here till about 3:00 AM/central time.

probably just fell asleep... OP, do tell us when u wake up n ur ok n stuff

this person will be fine. she probably just fell asleep.

I don't know too much about tramadol though, does it slow breathing like real opiates?

good question all i know is that its an NSAID

and its not good to mix with other drugs
(they have a big warning for mixing tram and ritalin i think)
big disclaimer for tramadol

^I believe the risk is that tramadol lowers the seizure threshold. So it's only really dangerous with other drugs that make seizures more likely (uppers primarily). I think she'll be fine. When she was posting she was coherent and 3 hours out from taking the hydro. She also was coherant enough to sign up for bluelight.

Also, the LD50 of hydrocodone is 375 mg/kg. The LD50 of Clonazepam is >4000 mg/kg. Also she's a daily klonopin user and took only her normal dose. I dunno about the tramadol (except that the LD50 for oral tramadol in rats and mice is 300-350 mg/kg), but I don't think there's a real threat in the combination she did. Except maybe of throwing up, if her opiate tolerance is really low. But she said she almost never does opiates, and she had hydrocodone around to take, so she probably knew what dose was right for her. Panic attack is my diagnosis.

Panic attack is my diagnosis.
^thats exactly what i was thinking
happens to me often i'll stop and wonder "did i just do too much? should i have taken that?"
95% of the time its just me having an anxiety attack

oh and thanks for clarifying that psycho

25 mg of hyrdo..i dunno about hyrdo nods..but 20 mg of oxy will have me nodding....but you will be fine...you cant overthink drugs

I hope she just forgot to update her post, I'd like to think she made it.
Sounds like panic caused by it being bedtime, I'm sure she's not the only one who had those feelings. Why did I take so much? Going to bed really high on opiates isn't always for the faint of heart. High is one thing, fucked up isn't a good time IMO...Add a benzo is a bigger deal when you don't take opiates often. Someone posted a warning/interaction regarding trams an hydro awhile back. Probably something that doesn't effect too many, but for those that it does, I bet it whoops their ass in a bad way. IDK, haven't taken a hydro in a long time.