• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiates and vision problems

brutus b

Greenlighter
I searched and found no thread titles on this (I will admit that I did not look through every post though), so I figured I'd start a new thread.

When I used to use poppy pods, I would sometimes get so high that my vision would become distorted. Best way I can describe the sensation is it feels like wearing glasses with the wrong prescription. I can still see but it's almost as if my vision is crossed or distorted and after a while it gives me a headache.

Anyways, after not having used any opiates for months, I have recently used some kratom and I am experiencing the same effect. The weird thing is I'm not experiencing extreme euphoria with the kratom (though it does feel "good") so it must be some alkaloid or something that causes the messed up vision.

I've only experienced this with pods and kratom, never with any other opiate (codeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, fentanyl)

Does anyone else experience this with opiates?

when i sniff too much bupe or when i used to IV heroin/morphine i would have trouble reading hen i was on BL for example

I experience it from the nod & while my eyes constrict during the peak I'll see double vision on occasion.

yep, it happens to me occasionally. I always get scared my vision is screwed permanently. i get near sighted slightly when im REAL high, doesnt happen every time

Yeah it happens. It happens most to me when Im really high. My vision has gotten worse over the years but I think thats just age catching up ....