• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

UK - Man on dance drug mepherdrone dies after drinking pint of vodka in four seconds

edgarshade

Bluelighter
Daily Mail

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 2:44 PM on 29th September 2010

With comments

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1316193/Man-dance-drug-mepherdrone-dies-drinking-pint-vodka-seconds.html

'A drinker who had taken the dance drug mephedrone died after downing a pint of vodka in four seconds, an inquest heard.
Richard Davies swallowed the spirits in one go, despite attempts to stop him.
The 29-year-old had been drinking with friends before the alcohol - the equivalent of 13 pints of lager - knocked him into a stupor.
He was found unconscious and not breathing in a pool of his own blood, and died hours later.
Teesside Coroner's Court heard how the electrician's mate, of Lincoln Place, Thornaby, near Stockton-on-Tees, was five-and-a-half times the legal drink-drive limit and his body contained traces of the then-legal high mephedrone, which has since been banned.'

'Pathologist Jan Lowe said Mr Davies had an alcohol level of 458mg in 100ml of blood, enough to have caused acute alcohol poisoning.
Recording a verdict of misadventure, Mr Eastwood said the alcohol in his system had killed him and that the mephedrone was not a contributing factor.'

the title should be "guy overdoses on alcohol" but that title would give alcohol a stigma that no one would give something unless they wanted it banned.///"another alcohol overdose and no one enacts a law against it to remember the victims"

Err....

"*Just about anybody* + *doing any multitude of things* + "dies after drinking a pint of vodka in four seconds"".

One drug overdose is a tragedy, millions of millions of "oops" accidents that happen to be deadly are no biggie.

UK - Man dies after drinking pint of vodka in four seconds

A drinker who had taken the dance drug mephedrone died after downing a pint of vodka in four seconds, an inquest heard.

Richard Davies swallowed the spirits in one go, despite attempts to stop him.

The 29-year-old had been drinking with friends before the alcohol - the equivalent of 13 pints of lager - knocked him into a stupor.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...int-vodka-seconds.html?ITO=1490#ixzz112lPQhDk

LOVE how it starts with "who had taken the dance drug mephedrone"

WTF does mephedrone have to do with this guys alcohal OD?

Nothing, yet it's mentioned before alcohol in the article. This kind of articles make me furious.

lol at the mephedrone mention

as for the guy drinking a pint of vodka in four seconds... that is hardcore. even little sips makes me gag like fuck. anyway, i feel no sorrow for him.. infact he must of been quite a fucking idiot to do something as stupid as that

What a dick Daily Mail is...

He could have been high on the mephedrone and then got into a drinking contest.

As the other guy he challenged only got a forth of the way there and got trashed, while he finished and Got the ultimate trashed.............Dead.

maybe he had a empty stomach before he took the mephedrone and that combined with the amount of alcohol hiting his stomach all at once,

^ No.

It was acute alcohol poisoning. Meph might have made him think he's a big man by doing such a stupid thing but that's as far as it goes as far as i can tell.

Got the ultimate trashed.............Dead.
Hahahaha Honestly though people who try and drink fifths/pints w/e are retarded anyways. Its like having two needles of heroin with exactly 1,000 mgs each and their 10 mls. Now the winner is the one injects the most mls the fastest! Sounds fun right?

WTF does mephedrone have to do with this guys alcohal OD?

Answer: ONLY someone on Meph can be STUPID enough to down a bottle of vodka in four seconds.

I hate media overhype, but with meph, it seems anything is understatement.

holy fuck a pint in 4 seconds I can not even do that with water, never mind vodka. Think the papers mention the drug use to keep scare tactics alive and well. they cant say its ok when jezza will come get them now can they

RIP

sorry the media's dragging your name through the dirt for baseless headlines