• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dumb friend with OTC meds

aivaras

Bluelighter
Hi its a dumb dumb question, and it isnt for me, my friend asked(blame him)
He got Trachisan Lozenges, its menthol flavored ones that heals throat or something and it contains:
Tyrothricin 0,5mg
Chlorhexidine gluconate 1.0mg
Lidocaine HCL 1H 20 1,0mg

I know this is a harm reduction forum but he's like the nose numbing effect
and he asking:If he would snort it would nose go numb because of Lidocaine?

I told him that Lidocaine can cause some serious damage to heart and stuff
but he didnt listens, so would the trick work?

Thanks
Aivaras.

why would anyone want to do this?

As far as wanting a numb nose, certainly he could use a lidocaine only product. snorting this seems likely to be nasty, ineffective and possibly dangerous.

Also, the antiseptic chlorhexidine is not recommended for use in the nasal cavity because of the risk of damage to the eyes and ears.

lidocaine is a topical anesthetic, so anything it touches, its gonna numb.

I don't know about the safety of the rest of the chemicals though, as I know nothing about them. why doesn't he just try to get his hands on some lidocaine liquid (usually one can find these around hospitals easily. or just get some orajel on a q-tip and rub that on the inside of his nose if he likes the numb feeling so much. thats a strange thing to like though. I've never heard of someone doing lidocaine recreationally just because they like the way it numbs. but to each his own, I'm not gonna make fun of him. but his best bet, is if he could get ahold of the lidocaine in liquid form meant for subQ or IM shots, and dry it out into a powder.

lets not do the name calling. we've all done stupid things at desperate times.

I remember back when I used to snort a lot of coke, there were a few times, I'd go to the gas station and buy those yellow jackets or other stupid speed pills, and mix that up with my cocaine once I started to get low. thats dumb, and I'm surprised my heart never exploded.

although, everytime I go to the doctors office, they're always freaked out by how fast my heart pumps just normally. so maybe I did fuck something up with it.

Please try get him to reconsider. This is going to do nothing but massive damage to his nasal cavities :|