Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

US - Suspected Sinaloa Drug Cartel Leader "The Tiger" Arrested

edgarshade

Bluelighter
All Headline News

Ayinde O. Chase - AHN News Editor
September 27, 2010 2:27 p.m. EST

With comments

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7020031260?Suspected%20Sinaloa%20Drug%20Cartel%20Leader%20%22The%20Tiger%22%20Arrested

'Ayinde O. Chase - AHN News Editor
Guadalajara, Mexico (AHN) - Mexican authorities have arrested Margarito Soto Reyes, one of the suspected leaders of the Sinaloa drug cartel.

The 44-year-old was arrested Saturday in Guadalajara along with eight other suspects. At the time of their arrests officers seized drugs, weapons and cash from the group.

Soto Reyes, known as “The Tiger,” is believed to be one of the leaders of the Sinaloa drug cartel’s violent terror campaign. Some estimates place the cartel’s shipment of synthetic drugs into the United States to as much as 1,000 pounds a month.

Investigators believe when former leader Ignacio Coronel was killed in a gun battle with police in July, Soto Reyes was elevated to the senior position.

The federal police released a statement claiming intelligence reports indicated that amid the reorganization within the Sinaloa cartel after the death of Coronel, “The Tiger” was able to use the so-called Southern Pacific route, presumably operated by Coronel.'

Also in Momento24, with comments.

http://momento24.com/en/2010/09/27/suspected-mexican-drug-lord-arrested/

Saw a post earlier suggesting I worked for the DEA. Seems to have been removed. Anyway, just to say how honoured I am to be accused of being a DEA agent. Tops being accused of being an RC vendor on BL any day :)

For the record, I'm not in the US so the DEA is a non-entity here, though we have the "home office" who are just as backward, maybe worse. Also, the main reason I post articles here is (1) they may be interesting, but most importantly, (2) I give priority to articles that have comments at the end and I can share to opportunity to put a few records straight. I'm not sure how many ordinary readers actually read article comments but I'm sure a few do and hopefully the author of the article and the editorial team takes some interest in the comments too as it gives them valuable feedback on how in-touch or out-of-touch they are with their readers.

Myself I tend to submit comments more on UK than US articles because I think the US readers have a better handle on their local territory.

It was me who posted that saying you were DEA as in an article it said so ans so -Ex DEA Special agent,and the poster after that said you were a DEA agent and from the posy it looked like that was what you were saying.So I must apologize for saying you are a fromer DEA agent..lol...sorry for the miscommunication man...lol..that other guy thought you were and the post about marijauna leading to drug use made it look like you were saying you were retired specaial agent whoever DEA guy...lol...sorry man and my nasty post please disregard that...You put a lot of good articles on here so you are cool with me.

Hi DavisK4high247. No worries & apologies if my news post gave the impression that the guy in the news article was me. It's always a pleasure to be on this forum.

Best wishes :)

In the article they say that he was one of the top importers of synthetic drugs. By synthetic drugs what do they mean? Meth I assume, but what else do they import that could be called synthetic?

In the article they say that he was one of the top importers of synthetic drugs. By synthetic drugs what do they mean? Meth I assume, but what else do they import that could be called synthetic?

Nothing really, maybe ecstasy, but they probably just added the word "synthetic" to make their deeds sound more evil to the public:p