• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Boardwalk Empire

34-dihydroxyphen

Bluelighter
Anyone going to catch this show when it premieres this Sunday (9/19/10)? Steve Buschemi in the lead role, Martin Scorsese directing an episode here and there, and some of The Sopranos writers writing the episodes, it just seems like it cannot possibly go wrong.

http://www.hbo.com/boardwalk-empire/index.html

Can't forget Michael K. Williams of "Omar the baddest motherfucker in Baltimore" fame coming back to take part in a new show. If you are in to shows like The Wire, Breaking Bad or The Sopranos, then it only stands to reason that you will probably want to watch this.

It does look really good. I'll have to watch it online though. :\

got work tonight so i wont be able to watch it. thank god i can record. series has an authentic look and its a time period not often portrayed in film so i think it will be interesting

i am DEFINITELY gonna be watching this. i have always had a little hard-on for the jazz age and have researched prohibition era NJ quite a bit, hope this show can live up to high expectations cuz i'm gonna be bringin em!

Sopranos: Prohibition Edition.

It's fantastic TV. The first episode was just dripping with Scorsese.

It does a fantastic job of establishing the plot and pace to come.

One of the best things about the show was it's generous mix of real history with fiction. Setting it in a time that has already occurred, using characters we already know about... it makes things simpler.

It certainly lived up to its hype. It felt like a combination of Goodfellas, The Sopranos, and old school gangster movies like the original Scarface with a touch of something novel to it. It is going to be a great TV show to watch in the future.

I was worried it wouldn't live up to the hype too. It definitely lived up to it for me. Buscemi, it goes without saying, was wonderful as is the rest of the cast. The scene direction was top notch. I can't wait to watch this develop.

looks like a winner. anxious to see how michael k. williams' character develops and of course everything else. yea its about alcohol prohibition but i think about all drugs and how prohibition creates the black market, the criminal element, etc... im hoping it kind of has like a real intelligent aspect to it, sort of like The Wire did and its not just gangster-gangster, shoot em up bang, bang shit.

heh, u know when they show the "adult content, nudity, etc" before it starts... well as soon as i saw "paz de la huerta" listed in the opening credits i knew who would be gettin naked. tho her role doesn't seem to that major at first its cool to see her in it cause she is my fav actress

watched it last night and i def liked it.

i thought it was funny when jimmy was outside talking with another driver and the guy turns out to be a young al capone. i really like the jimmy character and i think he'll be the most interesting of the bunch, especially cuz it seems that him and capone start running together.

I am an HBO junkie. I love most of the original series on HBO. I am really excited about this series. I have already watched the 1st episode twice.I tend to overly invest myself in my "stories". Sunday night line up on HBO = cell phone off,a strict "do not disturb" during 9 and midnight,preferably a sack of choice herb,but I have several buzzes I will substitute in lieu of marijuana.
I am a huge Steve Buscemi fan and I love Scorses as well.
And this Sunday... the return of Kenny Powers! LOVE Eastbound and Down!

Man I love this stuff... Granted it's nothing really new, but who the fuck cares. It's perfect.

HBO likes to use the same actors all the time, and this makes it even better for me. Why change something that ain't broken right? I hope Omar steps over his own shadow, because he really sucked in Brooklyn's Finest.

The first episode was brilliant TV and can't wait to watch the story develop. I hope it maintains a high quality and they don't run it into the ground like Six Feet Under/Oz

I'm really loving the Capone and Rosthein characters.

"What is the moral of this story. If I will order a man to choke to death for my own amusement, what do you think I will do to you if you don't tell me who ordered the hit on Colisimo."

how could something staring buschemi and directed by scorsese have been so damn mediocre. like a so-so sopranos (which was a great show), just set in the 20s. maybe it will pick up, but i don't know if i can give it another chance after such a disappointing series premiere.

i've seen two episodes, and they are both meh

micheal pitt should be new leo di caprio though

I like the show a lot, I can see where the producers are trying to take it and I hope they go all the way. Still much to see before I can really give a decisive opinion though.

Micheal Pitt is great here, and I think its funny how Bucsemi and Pitt were in that film together about the photographer trying to get a picture of the hunky boy toy. Clearly the roles are reversed now.