• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IVing promethazine?

Bupe

Bluelighter
Ok so promethazine is a great opiate potentiator. It also used to treat nausea which I'm currently experiencing. I keep throwing up so taking it orally is pointless.

I'm wondering if I IV it how much should I IV and anything else I should know? I have 25mg tablets

IV administration: Dilute with 0.9% NaCl or D5W. CONCENTRATION: Doses should not exceed a concentration of 25mg/ml. Administer through a large-bore vein through a running IV line into the most distal port. Slight yellow color does not alter potency. Do not administer if precipitate is present. RATE: Administer each 25mg slowly, over at least 10-15min. Rapid administration may produce a transient fall in blood pressure. Serious complications including those listed above have resulted from improper parenteral administration, including those requiring surgical intervention and amputation.

Well, think about it, if that's for vials.. just imagine what you need to do for tablets.

My suggestion, crush em and plug em

If you are going to do this, you want to micron filter and use < 5mg per shot initially. There's no need to use a large dose IV, especially if you are going to try this out.