• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Important question about IM heroin use....

hydrobliss

Bluelighter
so I am a big guy... about 450 pounds. (ex football player so I dont look as fat as you would think)

anyway I was gonna try and IM a bit of tar tomorrow

my question is.... is a standard 1cc insulin syringe going to have a long enough needle to hit my thigh muscle?

what other precautions do I need to take?

Thanks

sorry I don't know enough to answer that but one question what makes you want to IM tar, apparently its really bad for you very easy to get an abscess? no veins left? tar is nasty

hydro,

If you go straight in you'll end up with a SC not IM, IMHO. Lots of talk about IM tar and abscesses as mentioned; probably not a good idea. But, it seems kind of weird to tell someone not to SC something because its nasty and then tell them to do it IV??? Can you smoke it off foil??.... Nearly as fast as IV and faster than IM.

SeaDoc

^ Water sniffing...this is one of my favorite methods..

Gets me higher than smoking it..

^^^ muddy water I did that one time and I threw up after sniffin it into my nose it tasted so nasty. First and last time I did that, got high though. I had no points then, I will stick with shootin

Please don't IM black tar heroin. Even powder heroin really should not be administered IM'd, unless you have run it through a 0.22um micron filter and are very careful and know proper IM procedure.

Is there any reason why you don't want to IV it? Are you not impressed with smoking BTH?

have IM black tar only once and I considered it a wasted dose (and no, didn't get any abcess at all) and this was during the honeymoon phase with tar, back when I didn't need a large dose, even still you barely feel anything with IM. if you are fearful of "IV" then water-sniff it, mix with water, suck up all of it into needle-less syringe and tap droplets into each nostril, it will sting, you will feel it within 10 minutes if it's really tar. IM is just an ineffective method in my opinion. smoking is too, either IV or water sniff, watch your dosage level either way. use amount the size of a match-head to test potency.
be safe, good luck

This is good advice as well.

The risks of IM injection of a non sterile liquid outweigh any possible gain what-so-ever.
1 1/2-2" if you MUST.

I'm a big guy too..Have trouble finding veins..so instead I IM..

Did it for many months without any problems..

Until recently I bought bad dope...pretty sure it was red rock..(I wrote about this in my newbie thread. please forgive me for double posting.)

Now my arms have hard bumps on them..and they are turning a yellowish bruising color..

Should I be worried?

I'm a big guy too..Have trouble finding veins..so instead I IM..

Did it for many months without any problems..

Until recently I bought bad dope...pretty sure it was red rock..(I wrote about this in my newbie thread. please forgive me for double posting.)

Now my arms have hard bumps on them..and they are turning a yellowish bruising color..

Should I be worried?

Sounds like an abscess to me. You should probably consider seeing a doctor and stop shooting heroin into muscle tissue. Taking 5 minutes to find a decent injection site is far better than losing a limb from an IM injection gone wrong. I have IM'd morphine before but it was a sterile solution in a bottle. I am a skinny guy and sometimes I have a hard time finding a vein too but I am not going to shoot dope into a muscle.

There are so many arteries you could hit, plus being on the large side could make it more dangerous because it will diminish the ability to choose a good area of muscle (unless you are shooting into your ass).

Thanks for the input..

I guess I'll have to fess up to my suboxone doctor..I see her next week..Maybe she will give me some anti biotics..