• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids snorting vs parachuting

iTz PaTrIcK

Greenlighter
hey guys, ive looked already in search for this but i oculdnt find anything, but in ur opinion what do you think is more effective, i have one 40 mg oc left and im trying to make the most of it, and no i will not iv for 2 reasons, i dont have any rigs on me, and i havent shot up anything in the last 3 months, so feel free to give me your opinions and what you think, thanks

Snorting beats parachuting, in my experience. When you parachute a drug, it has to pass through your digestive system and you get less bioavailability. When you snort a drug, it is absorbed into your bloodstream through your mucous membranes, and thus has a higher bioavailability and a quicker onset.

very true, i was just wondering cuz the other day i was sick and i found like a 15 mg chunk of oc left and parachuted it and i felt some noticeable effects and my tolerence is around 45-55 mg right now, thanks for your answer

Oxycodone has a higher bioavailability orally than snorted (check the bioavailability thread here).

I always preferred snorting due to faster onset, but you do get 'more' orally.

yea...if you had looked up the bioavailabilty of oxycodone for orally versus intranasally you would see that snorting has a higher %......thus, meaning it would work better/allow more of the actual drug to reach your brains receptors.

The only time, in this situation where you should swallow it instead of snorting would be if you simply didn't want to snort it or if your nose was clogged up preventing the drug from getting absorbed properly.

Oxycodone has a higher bioavailability orally than snorted (check the bioavailability thread here).

I always preferred snorting due to faster onset, but you do get 'more' orally.

im sry...you are right...apparently it is higher orally

I never realized that.....all I know is that I have always gotten a better high and it has lasted longer when I snorted oxy as compared to swallowing it.

It probably has somethign to do with the fact that it takes such a long time for the drug to get absorbed and then felt when you swallow it, that it makes it seem like a higher BA to snort it. Also, if you swallow it with a full stomache it will make the high even less noticeable.

Snorting beats parachuting, in my experience. When you parachute a drug, it has to pass through your digestive system and you get less bioavailability. When you snort a drug, it is absorbed into your bloodstream through your mucous membranes, and thus has a higher bioavailability and a quicker onset.

That's true for most drugs, but not all of them. Snorting dxm, for instance, is inactive and unpleasant.

That's true for most drugs, but not all of them. Snorting dxm, for instance, is inactive and unpleasant.

Yes, but the Op was asking about oxy. Obviously there are many drugs that are completely inactive or barely active when snorted....such as DXM.

But opiates in general work better intranasally than orally....and most have a higher BA intranasally than orally.

well from seeing what you guys are saying im going to probly parachute it tonight and see if i have stronger effects(i hope im trying to nod out good tonight haha) ill probly drink some coffee and take some benadryl to to help induce the oxy

well from seeing what you guys are saying im going to probly parachute it tonight and see if i have stronger effects(i hope im trying to nod out good tonight haha) ill probly drink some coffee and take some benadryl to to help induce the oxy

If your goal is to have the strongest effects possible than I would HIGHLY reccomend snorting the oxy. Don't be tempted by the higher BA of oral compared to intranasal....it really doesnt feel stronger that way....pretty much everyone I have taked to on the subject agrees that snorting works much stronger and gives you a much more pleasurable high. I also know this from personal experience. But, of course, you can do what you wish.

theres more to getting high than just bio availibility.

snorting gets u higher cause it gets u higher quicker. if the bio avail is close like 20 to 35 percent range.

and if u dont believe me there has been studys done that show exactly what im saying.

a thread similiar to this came up awhile ago and one of the mods gave me the name of what this theory is cant think of it off the top of my head.

i think it was cane or the mod that has the pic of ben stiller in zoolander.

oral oxycodone with tagamet or white grapefruit juice definitely has a higher bio availability than nasal oxycodone. IMO the best way to do it is to take half of it orally, then when you feel the effects starting to come on, snort the rest. in my experience this has been superior to the other methods ive tried.

damn this is so divided i dont know what to do now, i think i might just be safe than sorry and just snort it as usual, maybe if im able to pick up a cple tomorrow ill expierement on what works best with me

damn this is so divided i dont know what to do now, i think i might just be safe than sorry and just snort it as usual, maybe if im able to pick up a cple tomorrow ill expierement on what works best with me

Thats probably the best choice. Everyone responds differently to everything.

But I still believe the majority of oxy users feel that snorting oxy feels much better than swallowing it.....in general.

Of course there are always alot of factors that effect the outcome.

For example....I would rather swallow 40 mg's of oxy on an entirely empty stomache, than snort 40 mg's of oxy with a semi-clogged nose.....well, actually, I still might snort it, but probably not.....I would definitely swallow it in that situation if I was using a potentiator to boost the high like white grapefruit juice.

Actually, to be honest, I would IV it...but since thats out of the equation....the decision becomes more complicated.

theres more to getting high than just bio availibility.

snorting gets u higher cause it gets u higher quicker. if the bio avail is close like 20 to 35 percent range.

and if u dont believe me there has been studys done that show exactly what im saying.

a thread similiar to this came up awhile ago and one of the mods gave me the name of what this theory is cant think of it off the top of my head.

i think it was cane or the mod that has the pic of ben stiller in zoolander.

Wow, you have a way with words my friend. ;)

Definition of Bioavailability:
In pharmacology, bioavailability is used to describe the fraction of an administered dose of unchanged drug that reaches the systemic circulation, one of the principal pharmacokinetic properties of drugs. By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.[1] However, when a medication is administered via other routes (such as orally), its bioavailability decreases (due to incomplete absorption and first-pass metabolism) or may vary from patient to patient (due to inter-individual variation). Bioavailability is one of the essential tools in Pharmacokinetics, as bioavailability must be considered when calculating dosages for non-intravenous routes of administration.

In other words, bioavailability percentages represent the amount of the drug getting to your bloodstream.

Bioavailability of Oxycodone
[Oral] : [60% - 87%]
[Intranasal] : [45% - 60%]

This proves that oral > intranasal. Even if you had pure Oxycodone powder and the PERFECT insufflation technique, you are still getting less Oxy into your bloodstream. Many people say they get higher by snorting Oxy but these are just personal experiences.. it is not fact. Because of rapid onset, some people do believe they are getting more out of the drug, but it just not true. I prefer to snort my Oxy too because I like the faster onset, but it IS NOT more efficient. Snorting also does not last quite as long as taking it orally.

I agree with your "facts" BaybeX but the word "higher" doesnt neccesarily refer to the amount of drug in your bloodstream(BA). All that "high" means is how euphoric you feel off of the drug. And it is definitely possible to feel higher from insufflating oxy(even though the BA is lower) than swallowing it. If you get more of the opiate to receptors faster through snorting and this causes you to feel much higher than you would have felt swallowing it and having it more slowly get absorbed and attach to your receptors.....than thats fine....in fact, that means it actually DOES get you higher by snorting it. ALLL the oxy users who prefer snorting over swallowing dont choose to do that because it makes them look cool....they do it because it gets them higher....and the BA has little to do with it. there are many other factors to discuss when determining how high someone can get off of what ROA. And you shoudlnt be so quick to automatically equate the feeling of being "high" to Bioavailability or "efficiency".

*and also....snorting actually lasts longer for me than oraly...I know that when I swallow oxy it takes alot longer to be processed by my body threfore it technically "lasts longer", but I go by what I can feel.....and I feel the high of snorting longer than I do for swalowing. There may be oxy still in my system(for oral administration) long after it would be if I had snorted it, but if I don't feel it...why should it count? It doesnt matter if its more efficient and lasts longer if I cant feel it because its SLOWLY tapering off, getting out of my system, at such low levels that I cant even feel it anymore.

Last edited:
Originally posted by iTz PaTrIcK

hey guys, ive looked already in search for this but i oculdnt find anything, but in ur opinion what do you think is more effective, i have one 40 mg oc left and im trying to make the most of it, and no i will not iv for 2 reasons, i dont have any rigs on me, and i havent shot up anything in the last 3 months, so feel free to give me your opinions and what you think, thanks

I guess you missed that whole part about me preferring snorting.. I understand that you equate euphoria with being 'high'.. I was explaining that it is more efficient to take it orally (which is what the OP was asking for),
This also goes for it lasting longer.. I didn't say the high didn't last longer insufflating it.. I meant it stays in the bloodstream for a longer amount of time, which for many of us (and those who are dependant), means we stay 'well' for longer.

I read the part about your preffered ROA. Dont worry.

I was simply responding to your post, which I guess was confusing because of the way you worded things it sounded like you were trying to say that orally taking oxy was superior to snorting oxy and people who think they get higher off of snorting("...just personal experiences") are wrong because its "less efficient.....

"Many people say they get higher by snorting Oxy but these are just personal experiences.. it is not fact. Because of rapid onset, some people do believe they are getting more out of the drug, but it just not true. I prefer to snort my Oxy too because I like the faster onset, but it IS NOT more efficient."

Those people who get higher off of snorting it because of the rapid onset actually are "getting more out of the drug" because the high is better. They may not be getting the most that they can out of the drug bioavailabilty-wise, but they ARE getting a more efficient high because the high they get from snorting is stronger than the high they get from oral. That sounds efficient to me. Efficiency, also, shouldnt necessarily be equated to how much drug your body is able to extract from a pill/drug. In this situatuation, where the goal(for the most part) is to get as high as possible from a certain amount of a drug, than snorting deffinitely wins because it provides the biggest high for the same amount of drug....evevn though you get more of the drug absorbed orally(it just takes alot longer and therefore you feel it less and its much more subtle when you do feel it....and those are not things people are hoping for in general when they are abusing drugs).

Lol, I can't waste anymore time trying to get my point across to you.