• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone question - need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeye2010

Greenlighter
Okay I know there are other threads about this, but I need to know based on the specific amounts that I took.

I never did an oxycontin or heroin, my opiate was always percocets.

I took about 3-4 10 mg perks every day for the past year or so.

I know it isn't the best method for only taking perks, but I couldn't get out of bed without them, so I tried methadone.

I didn't use it recreationally, I used it so I didn't feel awful going in to work every day like I had been.

I only intended on doing it for a few days, and then going back to taking perks. My goal for this was to get back to where I can just take perks a few times a week instead of every single day faithfully.

Wednesday I am going on a vacation for the rest of the week and needless to say I want to do perks. I know Methadone blocks opiates, or makes you need more of them to get high, so my question is, on Wednesday, if I take my usual 30-40 mg of percocet, will I be high, or will the Methadone be blocking it?

This was all of the Methadone I took:
Thursday - 5 mg
Friday - 10 mg
Saturday - 10 mg
Sunday - 10 mg

I am not taking them anymore, so that would give me half of Sunday, and Monday-Wednesday afternoon, with no Methadone in my body.

So with only those 35 mg of methadone, and about 65-70 hours without putting methadone in me, while I be able to get high off of my usual 30 mg of percocet?

Thanks in advance, I know this might seem confusing I tried to explain it my best, if there's anything you don't understand just ask, I really need the answer to this.

The methadone you took that long before shouldn't have any effect on the oxycodone. The methadone might have *slightly* raised your tolerance to opioids but I really doubt it.

Please read the posting standards thread in my signature, this is what we consider a self-serving post and are not allowed.

PM me again if you have any questions about the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.