• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Would levomethamphetamine be better than levoamphetamine?

StaySedated

Bluelighter
i think it would, right? i know the levo isomers aren't as good as the dextro for amphetamines, but would l-methamp be better than l-amp, like the dextro isomers?

wikipedia says on it's article for releasing agents that l-meth, unlike l-amp, mildly releases serotonin(look at the part with all the release ratings), and l-meth is also pretty strong at NA release. it's not very strong at DA release, but stronger than ephedrine and some others.

l-methamp is found in otc vicks nasal inhailers, while l-amp is a schedule 2 controlled substance.

is l-amp more recreational, or is l-meth better like the d-isomers?

*i realize both l-isomers aren't that recreational, but its a legitamite question.

dude levmethamphetamine is one of the main ingredients in those vapor inhalors.

i know, but levoamphetamine(not l-meth) is a schedule 2 controlled substance, while the one you'd think is stronger is otc in vicks vapor inhalers.

i wonder if levoamphetamine is better than levomethamphetamine...

If it boosted you like l-amp why would it be otc? Ive done both, It just makes me nervous.

Just because l-methamphetamine has the word "meth" in it doesn't mean that it will be "stronger" than l-amphetamine.

Why? It just is that way. Levomethamp has much less CNS activity (and more PNS activity) then levoamp. Which pretty much by definition means its not as good. And its sold in any drug store. As for why, a late night guess of the top of my head, which is super generic, is the alpha-methyl in levomethamp causes some sort of steric hindrance keeping it from binding to more 'recreational' sites in the CNS. I'm probably totally wrong, I wish F&B would chime im.

L-meth is non psyco active ,in other words it does not get you high at all,just raise blood pressure and stuff...d-meth is the crystal,crank,etc,, that everyone gets high as hell on..l-meth is a waste of your time..L-amp, which is Benzedrine in the old days that was it's trade name,wil lget you high and is in adderall in addition to D-amp....L-Meth is in Vicks inhalers and has no high..D-meth=very high...

i think it would, right? i know the levo isomers aren't as good as the dextro for amphetamines, but would l-methamp be better than l-amp, like the dextro isomers?

wikipedia says on it's article for releasing agents that l-meth, unlike l-amp, mildly releases serotonin(look at the part with all the release ratings), and l-meth is also pretty strong at NA release. it's not very strong at DA release, but stronger than ephedrine and some others.

l-methamp is found in otc vicks nasal inhailers, while l-amp is a schedule 2 controlled substance.

is l-amp more recreational, or is l-meth better like the d-isomers?

*i realize both l-isomers aren't that recreational, but its a legitamite question.

Sorry dude both have equipotential in causing DA release and giving u joy, I'm a p.doc

L-meth is non psyco active ,in other words it does not get you high at all,just raise blood pressure and stuff...d-meth is the crystal,crank,etc,, that everyone gets high as hell on..l-meth is a waste of your time..L-amp, which is Benzedrine in the old days that was it's trade name,wil lget you high and is in adderall in addition to D-amp....L-Meth is in Vicks inhalers and has no high..D-meth=very high...

actually levomethamphetamine is psychoactive, just not nearly as much as the dextro isomer. i've ingested an extract of the vicks inhailer. it was better than ephedrine and felt "amphetamine like" stimulant effects. i'd even go so far as to say it was better than oral ritalin euphoria wise, but it did have a lot of nasty PNS side effects so i never did it again. benzedrex is now my otc speed substitute. ;)

A high affinity for NE and a low affinity for DA makes for a shit-stimulant in my opinion.

I don't like the levo isomers of amphetamines at all, I can't really qualitatively think of either one as better than the other.

OP basically can't get his hands on some real drugs. This is clearly evident by the fact that he is even inquiring about the l-isomer whatsoever......lol. pathetic

OP basically can't get his hands on some real drugs. This is clearly evident by the fact that he is even inquiring about the l-isomer whatsoever......lol. pathetic

JASS92, i currently have perscriptions for adderall, temazepam, and clonazepam. i also have steady hookups for oxy's, meth, coke, xtc, dust, heroin, as well as other drugs. and i can definitely afford them.

this question was more out of curiousity then me actually wanting to use them, as i know the levo isomers aren't very recreational.

i don't see how simple curiousity is pathetic, and you calling me pathetic and assuming i "can't get real drugs" because i asked a question was frankly just rude...

It's hard to believe this day in age (with all the use Amphetamine has seen in recent times) that a person used to be able to go out and buy racemic Amphetamine over the counter. It makes sense of course, as it is very effective for providing temporary relief from nasal congestion. But subsequently, it makes even more sense that it was taken off the shelves rather quickly due to misuse/abuse.

Sorry that's kind of irrelevant in regards to your question StaySed, but I felt like chiming in anyway. Definitely an interesting thought from a pharmacological standpoint, in my opinion.