• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Are my scales lying to me? 72 hour amphetamine binge

guy1234

Bluelighter
hi i'm fairly new to bluelight, well this is my first thread anyway and this is my question. for the past 72 hours i have been binging on amphetamines i have not slept in that time and for about 60 of those hours i did not eat at all. i was moderately active.

here's my question, when i weighed myself before we began i weighed 156lb. when i weighed myself afterwards, only three days and nights later i had apparently lost 12lb in this insanely short length of time. one of my friends said a person's weight can fluctuate throughout the day depending on when they weigh themselves, ie how soon after they've eaten/used the toilet, but surely a person's weight does not change by nearly a stone in the space of 3 days regardless of fluctuations?

if anyone has any info on this, or knows that you can infact lose this much in this short a space then please post :)

id believe it , especially since amphetamines make you use the bathroom alot so your probably dehydrated so u May have lost alot in water wieght

Some people, mainy those who find it hard to lose weight on purpose, will refuse to believe this.

I however do believe since i once lost ten pounds over a weekend, i've read about people like Mick Jagger who lose half a stone or 7 pounds in one night of heavy sweating & excercise.

I'm worried about my weight at the moment. I'm usually 11 stone or 154 pounds but ive dropped 7 pounds in a week recently & am taking tramadol which seems to eliminate any appetite; if i reach 140 i'll be very unhappy.

Tramadol made it so I would never want to eat, and is the only opiate that made me yak, but only on an empty stomache.

OP I completely believe this is possible.

1-It just happend to you lol
2- You were on a speed binge, not eating sweating and slightly active.
3- You didnt sleep, you grow (gain weight) in your sleep. You lose weight during your waking day.

Stop binging sooo long, be safe and MODERATION.

These binges are bad for you, losing weight and not sleeping are bad for your health.

Stay safe brother.

VERY possible! I've lost that much over a weekend many times! Dont worry: start eating/drinking prorerly again and you'll put it back on in 3 days or so!
I'd imagine a lot of the weight is water that you sweated/pissed out during your binge.
It's because your body will put the food you eat after the starvation period into fat stores in preparation for the next session.
Believe it or not people get fat doing this when 'catching up' on food not eaten by stuffing themselves.
The trick to not get fat is -no matter how starving you are- only eat a normal sized meal after a sesh, then continue eating as normal.
The starvation is bad for you so I'd recommend trying to force something down whilst binging: bananas, smoothies and milkshakes are good, and take multivitamins!
Be safe, baby!

thanks alot guys! i'm not trying to lose weight, i just thought it'd be interesting to see how the drug affects it. kind of like an experiment, i was just very startled by what i found, thanks for clearing it up

Most of that is probably water weight, which highlights the importance of staying hydrated when you're on a speed binge. Always have some water on hand. The more dehydrated you are, the more potential there is for cardiovascular problems; the same principle applies to starvation as well.

Really, 72 hours is a pretty long time. I've never binged any longer than that. Do you plan on eating and getting some sleep any time soon?

You should drink some gatorade, eat a decent meal, take some Benzos and/or smoke some herb, and go to sleep. I'm sure vitamins wouldn't hurt either. Maybe some juice too.

what the fuck is a "stone"??? eleven stone...etc...???? I dont get it....is there some new measurement scale in place?

Can we not stick to universally understood measurements please?...its for the benefit of BL.

what the fuck is a "stone"??? eleven stone...etc...???? I dont get it....is there some new measurement scale in place?

Can we not stick to universally understood measurements please?...its for the benefit of BL.

That's their measurement system in the UK

It is very likely that you lost the weight due to lose of water and thus water weight.I have lost 10 pounds in 2 to 3 days on speed because of sweating out water,using the bathroom alot,and not drinking enough water during the speed use binges.Plus I am typicaly more activ eon speed as far as moving around alot doing tasks I usually do not.Plus speed makes your heartrate faster and you tend to lose the weight from sweating due to your body being in a heightened mode where you burn more calories just sitting around than if not on speed,thus the sweating from the heat of calories being burned off,although mostly the water weight is lost from dehydration from using the bathroom more,sweating becasue you are hot,and not getting enough fluids.

1 stone = 14 pounds

Is this America warming to the metric system? ;)

yes it is....watever....that doesnt matter....but im pretty sure a "stone" isnt part of the metric system and is strictly a term used in the UK...therefore, a poor choice of word for a website with members from all across the globe.

Also....america adopted the metric sytsem a while back if you werent aware of that.

We just still use other forms of measurement out of habit, but still recognize the metric system as the universal standard of measurement.

There are lots of terms that are specific to the USA, like gallon, cup, fluid ounce, ton etc that are used all over the site. I'm aware that you officially use metric, but I was under the impression that it wasn't used generally.

There are lots of terms that are specific to the USA, like gallon, cup, fluid ounce, ton etc that are used all over the site. I'm aware that you officially use metric, but I was under the impression that it wasn't used generally.

When you are an american....speaking strictly to americans......inside american borders.....YES...it is very common to use American terms related to measurement.....but when dealing with outside parties.(basically any other country) we have the intelligence to switch to a universally understood standard of measurement....

...and last time I checked, BL wasnt an American only website...therefore....universally understoood standards of measurement would be greatly appreciated...whether your american, British, African, Chinese, or whatever the fuck you are......stick to the metric system as best you can.

meaning...."stones" ......don't apply here.....I also dont know what it means.

godammit i mean i can handle the metric system but stones? hahah cavemen up in here goddam

godammit i mean i can handle the metric system but stones? hahah cavemen up in here goddam

For real....those british have got some CRAZY sounding terms for almost everything....AND they have this infatuation with TEA....which, by the way, tastes like flat soda.