• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids how much tramadol in a day is too much?

zachattack

Greenlighter
over the course of about 24 hours. should one be worried if one were to take 500 mgs in 24 hours?

also, do you guys think tramadol has a worse effect on mood after use than other opiates?

In my opinion, on average, 500 mg's in a 24 hr period most the time wont cause any problems...usually you have to take ATLEAST a couple hundred more mg's in order to REALLY even start concerning yourself with the idea you might have a seizure(which is what im assuming you are talking about since thats the main issue with large doses of tramadol).

Also....I don't think tramadol efffects my mood at all.....in fact all ANY opiate does it make me feel happy and euphoric....whats wrong with that?....as far as AFTER use...unless your an addict, then you should feel fine, you should just slowly come down and become baseline, its not like a stimulant where you will crash.....but if you ARE an addict, than you might have withdrawal symptoms that effect your mood...obviously....I dont really understand your point...why would taking some opiates effect someones mood?...and in what way exactly do you mean?

In my opinion, on average, 500 mg's in a 24 hr period most the time wont cause any problems...usually you have to take ATLEAST a couple hundred more mg's in order to REALLY even start concerning yourself with the idea you might have a seizure(which is what im assuming you are talking about since thats the main issue with large doses of tramadol).

Also....I don't think tramadol efffects my mood at all.....in fact all ANY opiate does it make me feel happy and euphoric....whats wrong with that?....as far as AFTER use...unless your an addict, then you should feel fine, you should just slowly come down and become baseline, its not like a stimulant where you will crash.....but if you ARE an addict, than you might have withdrawal symptoms that effect your mood...obviously....I dont really understand your point...why would taking some opiates effect someones mood?...and in what way exactly do you mean?

well, the reason i ask is because i have being doing it maybe once or twice a week for a while now, and i feel down a lot, and figured maybe it had to do with my tramadol use. i was under the impression that frequent use of opiates inhibited regular mood functions after a period of abstaining. is that not the case?

well, the reason i ask is because i have being doing it maybe once or twice a week for a while now, and i feel down a lot, and figured maybe it had to do with my tramadol use. i was under the impression that frequent use of opiates inhibited regular mood functions after a period of abstaining. is that not the case?

Basically what that^^^means...is that if you use opiates often enough, and at high enough doses, you can become dependant/addicted to them...which obviously causes withdrawal effects when you abstain from using them at any given time. And withdrawal effects definitely effect your "mood functions".

But tramadal is very unlikely to cause an addiction, especially at the doses you are taking, and how frequently you are taking them. But it still may be the cause of your mood problems...who knows, you may be sensitive to tramadol/opiates.....otherwise I would look for other sources for your mood problems....maybe even go to a doctor.

300mg is max suggested dose within 24 hours....I take 100mg once a day for headaches, im wondering if im going to need to taper to avoid withdrawl.

400mg is the max dose for a 24-hour period......after that you increase the risk of having a seizure, as tramadol lowers your seizure threshold.

the reccomended maximum is 400 mg before u start worrying about seizures dogg..but then theres people who take 5x as much BUT be on the safe side with that shit...also yea it gives worse comedown cuz of the antidepressant effects it has...not exactly antidepressant but it affects the seratonin a little...also tramadol is fucking addictive..most ppl say it isnt cuz its not really an opiate or shit like that but really its the antidepressant shit that fucks you up after on the comedwon...ask me anything you like dogg