• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe suboxone prescription messing with your insurance?

whipitgood3030

Bluelighter
Although it will be very painful to pay, i am thinking about trying to get a suboxone prescription for my opiate addiction. I dont want to put it on my insurance because i have very serious tumors that have required radiation therapy and removal in the past, and i have already had to pay tons of money in premiums and cant afford to pay anything more to insurance companies (i am already in debt because of my medical bills)

My question is: is there any possible way an insurance company can find out that i have a suboxone perscription even if i dont report it to them? Are there any databases of any kind that could give insurance companies that info?

Also, thinking ahead, if i have to go to the emergency room for sudden pain, and they want to give me some percodan or something to help me (its only happened to me once before) what do i tell them if i am already on suboxone?

No, if you dont tell the insurance company that you are taking the suboxone, they will have no way of knowing.....so all you gotta do is pay it outta pocket(which is hella exensive) and they wont now a thing.

Also...if you dont want to tell the insurrance company about the suboxone because you cant afford the premiums, then I doubt you will be able to pay for it out of pocket....its an extremely expensive drug.

And....if you have to go to the hospital for any kind of pain, just simply tell them that your taking suboxone, and what dose your taking...and they will know what to do.

Try taking less than 4 mg's a day...preferably less than 2mg's....at those doses....they have practically zero ability to block the effects of other opiates. Also, the lower dose of suboxone you take, the better it will feel. Im down to around 0.3 mg doses and it feels more euphoric than ever...yet it cant stop me from using any other opiates if I wanted to .....simple as that...therefore I wouldnt even necessarily have to warn my doctor that im on suboxone because it wont interact with an full agonist opiate pain killers.....allthough its always a good idea to let the doctor know what you are taking...and I dont reommend you hide anything from your doc.