• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Cough syrup question

Screaming_Skull

Bluelighter
I went to the doctor today and found out I had bronchitis/pnemonia and he gave me Pan Cough(dihydrocodeine). He asked if I was allergic to anything i didn't think to mention codeine,he did say he was gonna give me a strong cough syrup so I thought it was gonna be something like poly-tussin(hydrocodone). Anyway, it helps my cough but it makes me itch like crazy(not the good itchin') and my skin gets all red around my neck,anyway would it look bad since I didn't tell him I was allergic to anything even though he asked and asked for polytussin or something? If it looks bad I'll just deal with the itchin' and flushed skin since it does help my cough/pain in chest,just shitty side effects that I could do without.

First of all how the hell could you forget to tell your doctor that your allergic to codein when your being prescribed medication for coughing??

Also...what are you worried about looking bad??

I dont get it....simply call the doctor and tell him your allergic and he will give you some other medication....most likely hydrocodone syrup. Very simple.

Please explain my first two questions to me so I can better answer yours.

I didn't bother because he said a very strong cough syurp and I assumed hydrocodone, not codiene, alsoI had a fever to so I was out of it. I was just worried about looking bad since he asked and I didn't say it,like I was trying to get extra or something...

I didn't bother because he said a very strong cough syurp and I assumed hydrocodone, not codiene, alsoI had a fever to so I was out of it. I was just worried about looking bad since he asked and I didn't say it,like I was trying to get extra or something...

I don't think he will interpret it that way especially if you explain to him that you forgot to tell him because you were sick....thats very common..and understandable.

Also, he definitely wont want a patient to be prescribed a medication that they are allergic too.....it will make him look VERY bad if something happens to you.

he will want to clean this mess up quickly....more than likely with hydrocodone.

im trying to understand how you're allergic to codeine, and not hydrocodone, i thought one was just a synthetic form of the other. ceteris parabis

And how much dihydrocodiene is in Pan Cough, I have looked everywhere and cant seem to find anything that says how much is in each teaspoon or whatever.

im trying to understand how you're allergic to codeine, and not hydrocodone, i thought one was just a synthetic form of the other. ceteris parabis
Hydrocodone and codeine are different drugs. Codeine can be natural or synthetic, it's still codeine. Ceteris paribus means "all other things being equal", I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what you meant by it.

nah there completely different...

....i got a friend whose allergic to hydrocodone but not codeine...

its funny though cuz he can still take hydrocodone its just it makes him hurt, like physical pain, at the same time its acting euphorically on his body.....i don't get how it works like that but thats how he explains it.