• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Harm Reduction, Remember?

peacefuldreamer09

Bluelighter
I keep seeing alot of advice that is not helping reduce harm. I feel like there are quite a few posts where poster knows full well it's not a very safe idea and they just want one person to tell them what they're doing is ok, or that it will be alright. I know that we've all done some things that were not the best idea, or even fucking stupid and lived through them, but lets not recommend then to other people? I know all of you are intelligent. Who's with me? :) <3

Last edited by a moderator:
It's harm reduction not hard, lol. But yeah I agree with what you're saying.

Some people say that telling someone to not mix amphetamine and mdma is harm reduction.

Others say that telling someone how to stay safe, and what doses to not exceed on the combo is harm reduction.

I keep seeing alot of advice that is not helping reduce hard. I feel like there are quite a few posts where poster knows full well it's not a very safe idea and they just want one person to tell them what they're doing is ok, or that it will be alright. I know that we've all done some things that were not the best idea, or even fucking stupid and lived through them, but lets not recommend then to other people? I know all of you are intelligent. Who's with me? :) <3

I think you have just summed up the majority of the threads on the site :D

Some people say that telling someone to not mix amphetamine and mdma is harm reduction.

Others say that telling someone how to stay safe, and what doses to not exceed on the combo is harm reduction.

Those people who tell you not to mix MDMA + AMP at all are using the same "harm reduction" methods that the government uses. Drugs are bad m'kay?

i'm new here, but this seems spot on.

theres clearly a difference from what people/authorities say about drugs, and what people who have actually taken them say. If people come to this site, they probably are looking for advice from the latter....

eheh, yeah, I totally mis-typed. Lol. You'll have to excuse me, all the apts in my building had flooding and we didn't get a whole lot of sleep because of it. Two thoughts were mixed together :p.

idk i usually always tell the person if its a bad idea and what can happen if they do it. im not going to say they cant because im not their mother.

and i see many people doing the same as i do. i always thought this site does have some pretty good people that try and help look out for others.

Those people who tell you not to mix MDMA + AMP at all are using the same "harm reduction" methods that the government uses. Drugs are bad m'kay?

It's important to know what combinations can be potentially harmful. Knowing what is and isn't safe to mix together isn't the same as saying "just say no". Of course, given that people will continue to combine the drugs either way, it's also important to know how to minimize the potential risks of doing so.

I saw a Mod state that they took Heroin with MDMA and loved it. They did go on to say it probably wasn't a good IDEA and that they didn't advise it. However there are a ton of youngsters on here that would read that and see the big picture; which is the Mod enjoyed it with no ill effects, which would lead to people trying it. This place has MUCH more harm inflicting advise than anything else. There are answers here, but you have to know what you are looking for.

Bluelight is a drug enthusiast site with a harm reduction component. It does as much to encourage irresponsible drug use as it does to promote harm reduction.

Dancesafe, at least as it operated 10 years ago when I first discovered drugs, was a harm reduction site. Perhaps it reflected a more conservative North American approach to drugs, but it stuck to a mandate of harm reduction - not discussion posed as "questions" about ways to get high, ways to enhance or enjoy a high, brag about drug exploits or as a general social forum for drug culture. Sometimes dry but effective - a tightly moderated but non-judgmental model that neither promoted nor discouraged drug use but gave a unified strong message about safer ways to use drugs.

I didn't initially know about Bluelight, so for a long time I used only Dancesafe. That kept me on the straight and narrow and was the days when I used 1 pill spaced 3 to 4 months apart. I discovered Bluelight and the much more social and "free" nature of the discussion hooked me, but that's when I started to believe from all I read that I was way overboard in my caution when I saw what other people did and the advice they gave. Shortly thereafter I began my decline into nearly 7 years of various cycles of use / abuse of E.

I claim full responsibility for my own life and my decisions, but I wonder how my drug trajectory would have been had I stayed with the simple, straightforward and often firm message of Dancesafe.

As far as this business about people who use drugs knowing better than authorities and those who don't - that comes with a lot of caveats. Some (not all) people who use drugs are going to say they are fine and that drugs enhance one or more aspects of their life. That doesn't take into account that not everyone is on the same psychological, emotional, physical, emotional and socioeconomic standing. One person's view of harm reduction and what is okay may come from a place of dysfunction. For example, I was enthusiastic about E and championed it for years claiming I was fine - but it wasn't until after I quit and began to heal that I could see the psychological, emotional, physical and social toll it had taken on me in my interpersonal relationships and career.

Last edited:
I'm in no way of the "drugs are bad, mmkay?" mindset. Lol. I wouldn't be on bluelight otherwise obviously. It is true that what one person would consider average or "normal", however you would like to put it, another may consider appalling.

For me, I grew up upper-middle class in the US. I never had to worry that my family wouldn't be provided for, etc. I also saw so much drug abuse in the area I lived that aside from smoking pot on a somewhat regular basis and dropping acid a couple times, I stayed away from other drugs.

I'd always been interested in the research with mdma and finally tried it in my 20s. I will continue to use it the safest way I know possible, with plenty of space in between. There are still some things I've done like mixing medication and alcohol in large amounts I'm surprised I didn't die from. So, that's what I was referring to. For example : I wouldn't tell someone, "yeah, go take a couple norco when you drink, you'll get way more drunk and feel awesome" because you may very well also pass out and stop breathing.

By way of education for everyone...............

Right at the bottom of the small box that contains the posters name etc there is a grey Exclamation mark.

That is the report button.

If at any time you feel that a post needs to be looked at then please use that button.

We have a great team of posters here at ED and we need as much input regards posts that maybe need a look into.

ED is so busy nowadays its impossible for us to see everything.

We need your help.

Please dont ever be shy to use the report button.

Cheers.

I saw a Mod state that they took Heroin with MDMA and loved it. They did go on to say it probably wasn't a good IDEA and that they didn't advise it. However there are a ton of youngsters on here that would read that and see the big picture; which is the Mod enjoyed it with no ill effects, which would lead to people trying it. This place has MUCH more harm inflicting advise than anything else. There are answers here, but you have to know what you are looking for.

I think this is a legitimate point.

Its one that I often wrestle with. Do I answer a question with complete and utter honesty or do I lie a bit so as not to provide a bad example?