• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

would you consider ecstasy as a "hardcore drug"

LSDMDMA&8708070 said:
yes.
because i listen to hardcore when i do e.
hardcore and hardstyle ftw/
grin'd.

But in all seriousness, no.

What's a "hardcore drug"? Personally, I think this "hard vs. soft" idea just encourages people to think of some drugs as safe and others as unsafe. Case in point, alcohol and cigarettes claim more lives per year than any illegal drug.

I'm willing to admit that some drugs are more addictive than others. Ones which are strong dopamine releasers tend to be more addictive, so I'd consider those more "hardcore" insofar as they remove your ability to gauge how deep you've gone in your use. Nevertheless, any drug can be abused, and any drug (given sufficient self-control) can be used therapeutically or recreationally. There are people who have a totally functional cocaine habit, and then there are those who get addicted to huffing aerosol cans. :\ It's hard to make a blanket statement about drug abuse when people come from such varying circumstances and have such different approaches.

This isn't an easy question by any means. It's deeply rooted in so many aspects of the human condition that it would be unjust to claim that one drug is "hard" and another is "soft". It all depends on how you, your family, your community, your lawmakers, your historians, your deities, etc. feel about altered states of consciousness, hedonism, individual choice vs. public good, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Anyway...I think Ecstasy is a "soft drug" in its potential for addiction. I think it's a "hard drug" in terms of body load. I think it's a "soft drug" in terms of encouraging "deviant" or antisocial behavior (as opposed to meth, psychedelics, dissociatives, or alcohol, when abused). I think it's a "hard drug" when describing its method of action. I think it's a "soft drug" based on its penetration into the working class, who are normally the most conservative group when compared to the lower or upper class in terms of substance use. The list goes on.

*shrug* :\

Last edited:
I would say e is a hardcore drug. Sure it's moderately safe, but it does claim lives and it does do damage to the brain. And it can become addicting (no not physically).
Everyone's definition or perception of a 'hardcore drug' can be different though.

RGB; said:
What's a "hardcore drug"? Personally, I think this "hard vs. soft" idea just encourages people to think of some drugs as safe and others as unsafe. Case in point, alcohol and cigarettes claim more lives per year than any illegal drug.

I'm willing to admit that some drugs are more addictive than others. Ones which are strong dopamine releasers tend to be more addictive, so I'd consider those more "hardcore" insofar as they remove your ability to gauge how deep you've gone in your use. Nevertheless, any drug can be abused, and any drug (given sufficient self-control) can be used therapeutically or recreationally. There are people who have a totally functional cocaine habit, and then there are those who get addicted to huffing aerosol cans. :\ It's hard to make a blanket statement about drug abuse when people come from such varying circumstances and have such different approaches.

This isn't an easy question by any means. It's deeply rooted in so many aspects of the human condition that it would be unjust to claim that one drug is "hard" and another is "soft". It all depends on how you, your family, your community, your lawmakers, your historians, your deities, etc. feel about altered states of consciousness, hedonism, individual choice vs. public good, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Anyway...I think Ecstasy is a "soft drug" in its potential for addiction. I think it's a "hard drug" in terms of body load. I think it's a "soft drug" in terms of encouraging "deviant" or antisocial behavior (as opposed to meth, psychedelics, dissociatives, or alcohol, when abused). I think it's a "hard drug" when describing its method of action. I think it's a "soft drug" based on its penetration into the working class, who are normally the most conservative group when compared to the lower or upper class in terms of substance use. The list goes on.

*shrug* :\

;)<3<3<3
RGB wins again.

No, I wouldn't. I don't have an addictive personality period, but being there is no physical addiction aspect, I would not consider it "hard" whereas I would consider heroin or cocaine hardcore.

I think its a soft drug in moderation, however MDMA will abuse you if you abuse it thus in my opnion making it a hardcore drug as I have seen numerous people from posting here and in real life experince that are hindered by its abuse and needing/ feinding for it.

I think its a soft drug in moderation, however MDMA will abuse you if you abuse it thus in my opnion making it a hardcore drug as I have seen numerous people from posting here and in real life experince that are hindered by its abuse and needing/ feinding for it.

This reminds of Get Him to the Greek when Aldous Snow's ex wife says "Aldous, there's not anything you can't make into heroin" some people will obsess over anything that makes them feel good so badly that it takes over their life. Perfect example is the drug addict who "finds jesus" quits drugs then goes to church in such excess that it appears he's "getting high on jesus" that's what I've always thought of it as. Not meaning to offend anyone. Sorry for the tangent, lol.

I always think "hardcore" drugs are simply just the drugs you're afraid of trying ;)

I once was a drug counselor and I remember a crystal meth addict talking down about an ex stating "she's a heroin user! HEROIN!"- this coming from an admitted tweaker, I thought was ironic because my tweaker clients were far harder to rehab than my heroin addict clients, and it was much easier to converse with a heroin user.

When I first started MDMA, I thought of it as an "entry level" drug and harmless, now that I see a lot of the horrible effects of abusing it, I respect it more.

Ecstasy is one of the hardest drugs you can do... You don't know what's in it, it fucks you up more than most things that are considered hard, it leaves you with a gnarly hangover, it causes neurological damage... If you don't consider x hard then i don't know what criteria you're using to define "hard." The only thing that would stop it from being considered a hard drug is that it's not physically addictive.

When i first started rolling and got way into it people knew something was up with me within a week, when I got addicted to opiates people had no clue I was on drugs until I was withdrawing. If you're gonna call a drug hard because it changes a person and effects thier life the MDMA is one of the hardest

Last edited:
No, I don't think there's much people out there who would suck dick for E but I'm sure someone has.

from all the drugs i've taken, ecstacy has, by far, the most wide range of effects on my body. i've gotten everything from LSD-type visuals to aquamarine colored pee.

ecstacy is all fun and games at first but it can quickly become a "hardcore drug" in terms of the damage done to your body as a result of its use. just like anything else, moderation is key.

Ecstasy is one of the hardest drugs you can do... You don't know what's in it, it fucks you up more than most things that are considered hard, it leaves you with a gnarly hangover, it causes neurological damage... If you don't consider x hard then i don't know what criteria you're using to define "hard." The only thing that would stop it from being considered a hard drug is that it's not physically addictive.

When i first started rolling and got way into it people knew something was up with me within a week, when I got addicted to opiates people had no clue I was on drugs until I was withdrawing. If you're gonna call a drug hard because it changes a person and effects thier life the MDMA is one of the hardest

I totally agree that it's hard.

No. Most of the people i know today, that do drugs hard drugs today started with weed and ecstasy.

let me tell you something.
drugs are bad, mmkay?
some are just worse than others.
and some are fun enough its worth the tiny tiny risk of harm (with responsible use, mofos)
like ecstasy.