• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Drinking on X?

rollinlikeabigshot

Bluelighter
Alright before everyone jumps to conclusions I never drink heavy when im rolling, maybe a few here and there, but i have noticed it seems to take away from the roll, even if i dont have all that much to drink maybe a couple beers or one mixer. Anyone else have the same experience?

I don't know if I have ever consumed alcohol while rolling. I've gotten drunk BEFORE, but the effect of alcohol is not something that I would think really blends well with MDMA at all. It seems to me like it would just dull wonderful feeling, as you said. Not to mention the increased risk of overheating/dehydration.

During the comedown I would be more drawn toward alcohol, although I'm still not sure how good it is to mix the two at the point.

ive done the same a few times, while drinking water as well. but what happens to me is i can drink a shit load and not feel drunk but the beer does seem to take the edge off my roll. i also feel just like weirdly fucked up when i do that and never good the next day.

imo roll without drinking and then if you have to on the come down have a few beers and some water/oj for antioxidants.

yea thats what ive been doing, screwdrivers taste so fuckin amazing no matter how strong they are on the come down haha.

I find drinking before you drop usually makes the come up really sickening.

Then when you're flying, you usually have no desire whatsoever to even touch alcohol. Not only does the idea of being more fucked up seem unappealing, but I find my mouth is the only part of my body that feels disgusting cause my jaw always kills and my tongue starts to taste bad.

I do tend to drink when I begin coming down. It's kind of like your body begins to understand how messed up it actually is and then it can decide whether it can take more or not. I like to drink a lot at this point because I enjoy the wired, energetic post-XTC feeling mixed with the incoherent and dizzy alcohol feeling.

But... you do dehydrate almost twice as fast and even if you drink twice as much water, you're still going to strain your body much, much more. I don't recommend mixing the two to anybody despite the fact that I do it. The risk is not worth the reward.

I like to have a mixed drink before i drop, then drop one or two pills, then have a drink or two after I peak. I don't like popping pills all night and I don't like coming down inside a venue. To me it doesn't dull the experience at all, it just changes it. The magic got lost for me and no break is gonna bring it back so there's really no empathy for the alcohol to kill, but I could definitely see how drinking will kill that if you still got some magic left.

And if I'm gonna drink a lot I'm only gonna take one pill, and it's not gonna be at a rave. I really enjoy the feeling you get from mixing the two. You're hammered but wide awake, dizzy and seeing tracers, but not really feeling drunk or rolling, it feels like something entirely new.

Prior to rolling, alcohol in reasonable amounts (a couple drinks) is fine, but once the MDMA kicks in (in my experience), the feeling of alcohol almost feels like it's been "evicted"- completely gone. While rolling, I've had screwdrivers before- and though the orange juice tastes great, you don't actually "feel" the effects of the alcohol, which is something MDMA actually does block- so to summarize: It's not worth it to drink while you're already rolling. Before sometimes lifts some anxiety for me.

yea ive kinda figured that, just lookin to see if anyone else feels the same way about it, you are right on the screwdrivers my friend, i had my buddy make a 70/30 on the easy side, turns out he did it the other way.....still tasted amazing lol

Yeah bigshot- me boyfriend and I (rolling extremely hard) kept downing screwdrivers at an expensive LA club (12$ each!) and by the time we left our bill was over 200$ from the water bottles and everything. =0 I think we were rolling to hard to realize the vodka wasn't doing anything LOL. Not worth it, but we were fine. I'm certain that an excess of alcohol while rolling increases harm- dehydration, elevated body temp etc. I go out to EDM clubs weekly, if not a few times a week, so alcohol (if anything) is my go-to substance on it's own typically. People just assume we're rolling because were friendly and give lightshows ;)

i hear ya, i used to be decent at sober lightshows but my hands went retarded haha. I noticed that when i had like 4-5 of them drinks......didnt feel a think cept fully energized. it was weird

I would NEVER drink more than a few drinks while on MDMA. That's probably the number one cause of deaths on mdma.
I have noticed that a beer or two seems to make me roll a little harder. I think i read somewhere that this could be true do to how many calories a beer has.

hmmmmmm beer never seems all that satisfying when im rolling but i may have to try a couple next time. always in moderation ;)

Beer is probably a safer bet than hard alcohol (low % of alcohol), might taste weird though! I've noticed that bitter tastes are extremely pronounced while rolling.

When I'm rolling, I really can't drink, I have trouble downing a whole drink... until I start coming down.

Though my problem with alcohol is that I black out, so its like whats the point of rolling if I start drinking later and forget it all.

Ecstasy almost totally kills the effects of alcohol in my experience. I usually drink when I roll and agree about screwdrivers tasting delicious while rolling... but then again anything probably would at that point

Prior to rolling, alcohol in reasonable amounts (a couple drinks) is fine, but once the MDMA kicks in (in my experience), the feeling of alcohol almost feels like it's been "evicted"- completely gone. While rolling, I've had screwdrivers before- and though the orange juice tastes great, you don't actually "feel" the effects of the alcohol, which is something MDMA actually does block- so to summarize: It's not worth it to drink while you're already rolling. Before sometimes lifts some anxiety for me.

So true!

I personally love to drink when rolling, for me I love vodka so a couple of vods on the way up and a few more on the way down. For me it removes any bad feelings/paranoia etc. The trick is DONT get drunk - have one or two drinks to chill you out, if you go past that you have that drunk feeling fighting with your roll.

Personally i think alcohol is a bad mix with any other drug. I'm not trying to sound preachy at all so please don't take it that way. I've certainly been drunk before rolling and i have to recommend what Bearlove says...

I only drink during the comedown. It helps the comedown a lot, well in my case anyways. I once before got drunk while rolling, I never really felt the alchoul but I had a pretty bad comedown, a hangover and a comdown at the same time sucks.

I almost always drink while I'm rolling. It doesn't seem to make any difference to me except when I drink more I have to pee more and I think X makes it really difficult to pee!