• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

lost the magic?

rollinboobs

Bluelighter
ok so i havent rolled in a long while. this is because probably the last 10x i rolled i never rolled like when i first started. maybe one or two times i had an ok roll.

the first summer i started i was doing it like twice a month for like 4 months. there was a couple times where i did it two days or two weekends in a row and some where i didnt touch it for almost a month. but on average twice a month for like 4 months. then a few times after that.

my first like 3-4x were amazing. eye wiggles and such huge surges of energy ran through my body with so much empathy and love for everything around me. then i had a couple times after that that were good as well.

but after that i never got a really good empathy filled roll where my entire body is taken over by that great energy i once felt. also nothing ever feels as good to the touch as it once did. i did have big pupils and some eye wiggles but not that happy happy feeling i was looking for.

now i have not done that many rolls imo. iv only rolled really good probly 6-9x and rolled ok maybe 5 times, and barely rolled at all other times. all in the course of about a year and a half

now my question is, do you think the magic is gone for me? or was i just most likely getting mda pills, or something else in my pills? i never tested them but i know real mdma when i feel it, and i have not felt it like i have before.

i was thinking about trying to roll again, but the disappointment always kills me. esp because some of my friends dont even know what real mdma is so they think anything that makes there eyes big and fucks them up is good mdma.

does anyone have an input for me?

also im not depressed or anything, i feel great. so i dont think my serotonin is low or anything like that. any input would be greatly appreciated. thanks

im kinda new to ecstacy but from my knowledge it could be 2 factors.

your seratonin lvls are right.

It could be the Tablets your taking.
OR you should try real MDMA (Capsules)

well i have taken mdma powder and regular good x pills an rolled hard and i got the feeling i wanted. but i just cant seem to get that anymore. other ppl im with say there "rolling" but i doubt they can tell the difference like i can.

what im asking is does anyone think its possible i have lost the magic already? or am i just getting pills that are either not good? im thinking some of the pills i got before were mda because i got eye wiggles and a big pupils and a rolling feeling but i didnt get the happy happy and good touch sensations.

im hoping that iv just been getting bad pills or mda pills. i miss the feeling of good mdma. also how would mdea make me feel?

that seems right if your eye wiggles.
im lookin for the eye flashing again.
where i cant see straight and when i walk its not even right.

but maybe it could be the pill, try testing it.
or finding a better one. my opinion*

that seems right if your eye wiggles.
im lookin for the eye flashing again.
where i cant see straight and when i walk its not even right.

but maybe it could be the pill, try testing it.
or finding a better one. my opinion*

yeah but mda can also give you eye wiggles. which is why i think i might have gotten mda or something, because it was like i was rolling but no happy happy feeling or a huge rush like i wanted or nice sensations.

im hoping someone very knowledgable possibly with a similar experience can give me some words of wisdom haha.

im speaking in this thread because im similar to you.

its been 3 weeks since my first time, and like you,
im trying to obtain that similar hard roll i had.

so im srry if im not able to help xD

im speaking in this thread because im similar to you.

its been 3 weeks since my first time, and like you,
im trying to obtain that similar hard roll i had.

so im srry if im not able to help xD

yeah i know what ur sayin. but my situation is a bit diff. mine was a couple years ago, and i did have time between rolls and still didnt roll like i did sometimes. thx for tryin to help tho. i do know a decent amount about the stuff. im just looking for someone even better than me who can let me know what they think is going on based on the information i have given. thx tho.

Let's approach the problem methodically.

First of all, identify what you're taking; a field testing kit can differentiate between MDA and MDMA (the Simons/Ropadope reagents specifically). Simply trying to "feel out" what you've taken is difficult, because set and setting play a big role in the experience. Buying a testing kit may seem like a big expense, but think of all the time and money you'll be saving on inferior rolls. Plus, there's nothing like testing a pill and having it go straight to black. :D

Secondly, wait long enough that you're sure your previous roll won't affect your next one. Depending on how much you've used (and it seems like you've used a fair amount), it may take two or three months to reduce your physical tolerance significantly. Even harder is reducing your "psychological tolerance" -- you need to forget what MDMA feels like so that your expectations don't weigh you down. You can help this process along in a number of ways: stop thinking about Ecstasy, don't count down the days till your next roll, don't plan out times when you're going to use (at least until the waiting period is over). Find other things in life to enjoy in the interim period so that you don't put unnecessary burden on the drug to produce a good experience. The list goes on, but you get the gist of it, I'm sure. :)

Finally, when it does come time to use, make sure that you use it in a setting where you'd have fun anyway, with or without the drug. Some of my best experiences have been a result of spontaneously deciding to use Ecstasy when I was already having a great time (at a festival, usually). Some of my worst experiences have involved being bored, itching to pop pills, then being disappointed when the world doesn't become a magical place. That isn't to say that you absolutely won't have a good time if you roll to "salvage" the night, but it helps your chances to do E on a whim with little expectation, I think. :D

Let's approach the problem methodically.

First of all, identify what you're taking; a field testing kit can differentiate between MDA and MDMA (the Simons/Ropadope reagents specifically). Simply trying to "feel out" what you've taken is difficult, because set and setting play a big role in the experience. Buying a testing kit may seem like a big expense, but think of all the time and money you'll be saving on inferior rolls. Plus, there's nothing like testing a pill and having it go straight to black. :D

Secondly, wait long enough that you're sure your previous roll won't affect your next one. Depending on how much you've used (and it seems like you've used a fair amount), it may take two or three months to reduce your physical tolerance significantly. Even harder is reducing your "psychological tolerance" -- you need to forget what MDMA feels like so that your expectations don't weigh you down. You can help this process along in a number of ways: stop thinking about Ecstasy, don't count down the days till your next roll, don't plan out times when you're going to use (at least until the waiting period is over). Find other things in life to enjoy in the interim period so that you don't put unnecessary burden on the drug to produce a good experience. The list goes on, but you get the gist of it, I'm sure. :)

Finally, when it does come time to use, make sure that you use it in a setting where you'd have fun anyway, with or without the drug. Some of my best experiences have been a result of spontaneously deciding to use Ecstasy when I was already having a great time (at a festival, usually). Some of my worst experiences have involved being bored, itching to pop pills, then being disappointed when the world doesn't become a magical place. That isn't to say that you absolutely won't have a good time if you roll to "salvage" the night, but it helps your chances to do E on a whim with little expectation, I think. :D

great advice. now i still have a few questions/comments.

first of all, it has been months before i last rolled and months before that. so im hoping i have recovered. do you think its possible i did lose the magic or have i just been getting shitty pills? i know my attitude has been counting on e to save the night. which i will now attempt to change. its just hard.

also what is your take on me rolling (eye wiggles, bright lights, etc) but not feeling the loved up and touchy part of it. seem like mda or possibly just weak mdma to you?

now what test kit can i get to see if there is def mdma not just mda/mdma/mdea? what reagents specifically do i need? also i thought test kits cant show a difference between mdea/mdma. so how will i know if its mdea or mdma? im guessing mdma is more lovey, correct?

first of all, it has been months before i last rolled and months before that. so im hoping i have recovered. do you think its possible i did lose the magic or have i just been getting shitty pills? i know my attitude has been counting on e to save the night. which i will now attempt to change. its just hard.

Yeah, I'd also guess that that's a sufficient amount of time to recover and reduce the tolerance effects. Everyone's different in that regard, unfortunately. :\ It's totally possible that you're getting shitty pills, but it's also possible that you've built up a tolerance, or that you're simply not approaching it in the right emotional state -- there are too many variables to say at this point.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the term "losing the magic" -- it's unclear what people mean when they say it, aside from the general (and somewhat unhelpful) "I'm not having as much fun anymore". There's never been a clear consensus over what it feels like to lose the magic (e.g. whether it's a loss of empathogenic effects, euphoria, tactile sensations, novelty, all of the above, none of the above, etc. heh), let alone what causes it and what can be done to help it. I think the fear that people have of "losing the magic" works against them in terms of diminishing their expectations -- it's hard to relax if you have to worry about whether or not the "magic" will be there every time. *shrug*

Anyway, don't worry about "losing the magic", at least not before we've eliminated all other possibilities.

also what is your take on me rolling (eye wiggles, bright lights, etc) but not feeling the loved up and touchy part of it. seem like mda or possibly just weak mdma to you?

A lot of substances can cause nystagmus and light sensitivity -- straight up amphetamine gives me jaw clenching and nystagmus like crazy sometimes. 8) What you're describing does sound like MDA (although some people love it, so go figure). Without a test we can't really be sure what you're getting.

now what test kit can i get to see if there is def mdma not just mda/mdma/mdea? what reagents specifically do i need? also i thought test kits cant show a difference between mdea/mdma. so how will i know if its mdea or mdma? im guessing mdma is more lovey, correct?

You can get testing kits from EZtest.com or DanceSafe.org -- I prefer EZtest myself, since I've never ordered from DanceSafe. If you're buying it from EZtest, you'll either want their "Xtreme" or "Complete" kit, since they include the Simons/Ropadope reagents that you'll need to differentiate between MDMA and MDA. Sadly, there's no way with the current field reagents to differentiate MDMA and MDEA, but MDEA is only slightly different from MDMA as far as I know. If you really want to know specifics about your pill, you can submit it to EcstasyData.org. They've recently reduced the lab cost co-pay to $40, making it much more reasonable than it used to be to have your substance go through a full assay.

Also, yes, MDMA typically is the most "lovey" of the bunch. :) I've had some pretty intense empathogenic feelings from psychedelics, so I wonder how much of the "lovey" feeling has to do with your mental disposition, too...

Yeah, I'd also guess that that's a sufficient amount of time to recover and reduce the tolerance effects. Everyone's different in that regard, unfortunately. :\ It's totally possible that you're getting shitty pills, but it's also possible that you've built up a tolerance, or that you're simply not approaching it in the right emotional state -- there are too many variables to say at this point.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the term "losing the magic" -- it's unclear what people mean when they say it, aside from the general (and somewhat unhelpful) "I'm not having as much fun anymore". There's never been a clear consensus over what it feels like to lose the magic (e.g. whether it's a loss of empathogenic effects, euphoria, tactile sensations, novelty, all of the above, none of the above, etc. heh), let alone what causes it and what can be done to help it. I think the fear that people have of "losing the magic" works against them in terms of diminishing their expectations -- it's hard to relax if you have to worry about whether or not the "magic" will be there every time. *shrug*

Anyway, don't worry about "losing the magic", at least not before we've eliminated all other possibilities.

A lot of substances can cause nystagmus and light sensitivity -- straight up amphetamine gives me jaw clenching and nystagmus like crazy sometimes. 8) What you're describing does sound like MDA (although some people love it, so go figure). Without a test we can't really be sure what you're getting.

You can get testing kits from EZtest.com or DanceSafe.org -- I prefer EZtest myself, since I've never ordered from DanceSafe. If you're buying it from EZtest, you'll either want their "Xtreme" or "Complete" kit, since they include the Simons/Ropadope reagents that you'll need to differentiate between MDMA and MDA. Sadly, there's no way with the current field reagents to differentiate MDMA and MDEA, but MDEA is only slightly different from MDMA as far as I know. If you really want to know specifics about your pill, you can submit it to EcstasyData.org. They've recently reduced the lab cost co-pay to $40, making it much more reasonable than it used to be to have your substance go through a full assay.

Also, yes, MDMA typically is the most "lovey" of the bunch. :) I've had some pretty intense empathogenic feelings from psychedelics, so I wonder how much of the "lovey" feeling has to do with your mental disposition, too...

great answers once again. and when i was saying i had eye wiggles and stuff i also had huge pupils which made me assume it was probably mda. its not like i didnt like it, i still did. i was just really getting my hopes up for that huge energy surge and happiness and togetherness feeling.

i think iv had a combination of a tolerance problem, weak/mda/adulterated pills. because the touchy feely and loved up feeling was pretty much gone. which leads me to believe my tolerance was either high or the pills were mda/weak. and like you said lost the magic is a strong word. there are so many variables.

but it's been a decent amount of time. im going to try and hope for the best, expect the worst, while staying healthy, geting a test kit, and just not worrying about whats going to happen. and have fun either way.

Sounds good! I wish you the best of luck and let us all know how it goes for you. :D

Take Pircatim daily durring the week you plan your roll. Its a great helper in making the roll more intense like as if it were your frst time again.

Take Pircatim daily durring the week you plan your roll. Its a great helper in making the roll more intense like as if it were your frst time again.

iv heard about this before. what does it do? where can i buy it and roughly how much would it be?

if im remembering correctly its a pill you take thats supposed to increase brain activity or something like that?

also should i only take it the week before the roll or should i take some here and there even before then? i dont want to overdo it and possibly hamper my roll.

ive done that with 5htp before. i learned that too much 5htp before/after a roll will actually make that part of your brain sort of shut down because the serotonin is constantly being messed with.

iv heard about this before. what does it do? where can i buy it and roughly how much would it be?

if im remembering correctly its a pill you take thats supposed to increase brain activity or something like that?

also should i only take it the week before the roll or should i take some here and there even before then? i dont want to overdo it and possibly hamper my roll.

ive done that with 5htp before. i learned that too much 5htp before/after a roll will actually make that part of your brain sort of shut down because the serotonin is constantly being messed with.

Piracetam

Heres its wiki link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracetam

I usually buy it off of ebay its cheaper to buy the powder and capsule your own pills rather than buying the tablets as an Ounce of the powder runs me less than 6 dollars with shipping and handeling I have been taking about a gram a da for the last two weeks and I feel amazing.

It helps the brain become stronger and younger, I actually remeber things while I am drunk its an amazing drug overall and completely safe.
-Wolfy

ok thx. but i just read up a little bit about it. and i noticed it says you have to take choline bitartrate to avoid headaches?

i also read piracetam that drains your andrenal glands, which develope hormones that affect growth and development and also the way you deal with stress.

im still young i dont want to fuck up any of my hormones that are growing me and changing me for the better lol.

anyone have anymore knowledge about this?

also do you take this constantly or just when you want to roll hard lol?

ok thx. but i just read up a little bit about it. and i noticed it says you have to take choline bitartrate to avoid headaches?

i also read piracetam that drains your andrenal glands, which develope hormones that affect growth and development and also the way you deal with stress.

im still young i dont want to fuck up any of my hormones that are growing me and changing me for the better lol.

anyone have anymore knowledge about this?

also do you take this constantly or just when you want to roll hard lol?

I dont know whats up with headaches I never get them and I take about a gram every day for the last two weeks in extreme dosage its possiable to get headaches however, I have yet to experince such.

Im 19 and most of the college students I know take it it helps the brain funticon more clearly, and a freind of mine who abused both weed and booze is doing better with his short term memory due to the Piracetam.

But yeah, it incearese the roll makes it feel as if it is your first time on MDMA again I love it. I dont care much if it helps my brain function better I am going to take it. Its benefit out weigh its negatives.