• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

aniexty issues with mdma/mda

kronik420

Greenlighter
Hi, ive been using mdma for that past year and a half and for awhile now, whenever i take it i get extreme anxiety when i get high, usually lasting awhile. sometimes it doesnt go away and i have to drink alcohol to ease the stress. Most of the time i have a good time pretty quick but sometimes the anxiety lasts for a long time and im really fucked up at the same time so i feel like i dont even know what to do. any thoughts? suggestions on how to get rid of it?

For all of MDMA reputation as highly "user-friendly" drug, it is indeed possible to get anxiety or even "bad trip" on MDMA. In my experience, this kind of anxiety usually manifests itself due to the characteristics of your setting. Essentially if I am in a uncomfortable position or something bad happens or someone who I trust brakes this trust - my roll tends to go south. I think it's due to the inherent conflict between the "loved up" feelings of MDMA and negative vibes from my setting.

So yeah, when you roll and get anxiety, is something bothering you? Are you in a comfortable environment with cool people? Is there any thing other than MDMA itself that could be causing this anxiety?

If everything is fine with your setting, perhaps you just need try and do less? How much alcohol do you use in combination with MDMA? I like to have a beer or two before dropping or during the come-up. It usually helps me ease the come-up anxiety. But you were saying you get anxious when you are already high, right?

First off you should be testing your mdma/pills to make sure they are good quality. Many adulterants may casue anxiety easier than mdma would, such as piperazines. Also yes you should try taking less in one go so your come up is less steep and more gradual. How much do you take usually ?

For all of MDMA reputation as highly "user-friendly" drug, it is indeed possible to get anxiety or even "bad trip" on MDMA. In my experience, this kind of anxiety usually manifests itself due to the characteristics of your setting. Essentially if I am in a uncomfortable position or something bad happens or someone who I trust brakes this trust - my roll tends to go south. I think it's due to the inherent conflict between the "loved up" feelings of MDMA and negative vibes from my setting.

So yeah, when you roll and get anxiety, is something bothering you? Are you in a comfortable environment with cool people? Is there any thing other than MDMA itself that could be causing this anxiety?

If everything is fine with your setting, perhaps you just need try and do less? How much alcohol do you use in combination with MDMA? I like to have a beer or two before dropping or during the come-up. It usually helps me ease the come-up anxiety. But you were saying you get anxious when you are already high, right?

Great answer :)

First off you should be testing your mdma/pills to make sure they are good quality. Many adulterants may casue anxiety easier than mdma would, such as piperazines. Also yes you should try taking less in one go so your come up is less steep and more gradual. How much do you take usually ?
I agree, i can always tell if i have a piperazine pill because my high is always scary and i am paranoid about everything, when it is a good mdma pill i just feel amazing all night and not one bit paranoid etc

pure mdma or mda tested, and sometimes pills which were tested for usually mdma and probably a little bit of meth. i usually get anxiety when i do it, but latlely its just got worse. im kind of an anxious person so it makes sense, but its kind of like a gamble, like i feel good sometimes, and sometimes i dont -i pretty much have a good time in the end every time, but the beginning anxiety varys, like sometimes itll last like half an hour, and sometimes ill be fuckin anxious for like 3 hours....when the anxiety goes away, its stays away until i come down, and i feel good the rest of the night. i do it usually with a person or people i trust, sometimes not, but it really doesnt matter because when im rolling hard i just meet people and im having a good time, so i dont really think thats it. Its gotten to the point where whenever i even think about ecstasy i get anxious..

its usually 100-150mg dose at the start and another 100mg later on. And i usually drink quite a bit thru-out the night but usually the alcohol makes me feel better (atleast it did alot more effectively before)

Last edited:

Top notch response.

The amount you take does play a part. I took 3.5 firey rolls (pokies) yesterday within a 3 hour time frame and felt outta control, I had no idea where I was, and got anxious at times becuase of how high I was. I would hear things and think that a glowstick was a phone and shit. My girl kept trying to take glasses off my face..I wasn't wearing glasses. lol

x2 on the setting

I'm very picky with who I really chill with/trust to begin with. So when I roll I'm even more so picky.

My worst rolls were with people i wasn't feelin. Or an environment I didn't like. It caused anxiety/made my roll go bad

My best rolls were with people i was REALLY feelin. In a sick environment

I've had bad anxiety when I was in bad environments. How often are you taking MDMA? Overuse can also cause all sorts of anxiety issues regardless of your environment.

Alcohol mixed with MDMA also increases the issues of overheating, especially if you are dancing all night. Some studies have shown that neurotoxicity does not occur in the absence of high body temperatures, so this is something to consider.