• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Novelty contacts and lightshows?

lolcat

Greenlighter
I've been thinking of getting a pair of those trippy all white and black pupil contacts or maybe cat eye ones for future raves. Has anyone worn them while rolling? I was wondering if they negated the dilated pupil effect and/or made lightshows and watching the stage at a rave not as fun. Thanks! :)

I've been thinking of getting a pair of those trippy all white and black pupil contacts or maybe cat eye ones for future raves. Has anyone worn them while rolling? I was wondering if they negated the dilated pupil effect and/or made lightshows and watching the stage at a rave not as fun. Thanks! :)

I have been meaning to post a thread just like this. Haha

Last edited:
Yeah, the full colour ones do cover the pupil dilation, much to my joy at work =].

I guess if you where contacts on a regular basis it wouldn't be bad but if you don't ware them normally it sounds like a huge hastle.

All I know is when I was peaking super hard at my last event I ran and found some guy with light gloves and went, bro I need a light show now. And he turned around and had the cat eye ones and it tripped me the fuck out. Like he looked sinister, but in a cool way. Then he had his homie come out with the vibrating gloves too and i peaked like a mutha. I think they are cool!

isn't it dangerous to wear contacts since you'll be dehydrated ?

Nah, I wear contact lenses (just normal ones to correct my nearsightedness) at raves and never have a problem with them. In fact, I would be scared to death to wear my glasses to an event, I'd lose them or get them broken in a heartbeat!

But yeah... just stay hydrated in general, and your eyes will be fine.

You'll have to buy the contact lens case and the eye drops from sepratley, but there not very expensive. some can keep for up to 3 months in it so there always good for the weekend.

I only use the disposable evry day contacts. That way they always fresh. Used to hate having to always clean and wear the same disgusting ones

sounds like they do in fact diminish the dilated effect. not that that's the only fun thing about rolling. cant decide if i wanna look awesome or see awesomely now hahaha

My eyes often get slightly irritated when rolling so I guess I wouldn't want to wear contacts all night.

I wear extended wear contacts for nearsightedness (3 month), and they don't bother me at all when I'm rolling. I don't notice them at all, in fact.

If you get novelty contacts, be sure to get fitted by an optometrist so you get the right size and shape for your eyes. Otherwise, they will scratch your eye surface, slide around in your eye, and be generally horrific to wear. You'll definitely feel uncomfortable with them if you don't get fitted.