The Great Crash of 2005, re-activating old accounts.

Schizo

Bluelighter
The original one was just plain Schizo

I joined in Jan 2001, let me see if I can find any of my posts...

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/member.php?u=28343

There's a link to my old profile. You can see my old posts there. I was pretty miffed about losing my old account, it's the major reason I stopped posting and generally messing about on here. The email address that was and still is active is the one listed as my MSN address, surely there's a way to remedy this. But if not, c'est la vie :p

A question has popped up in Aus social about an old account that was lost when all the passwords were reset back then. I'm not entirely sure what happened because it was before I joined. I do know that a lot of people had to re-register so I'm pretty sure there is nothing that can be done about it.

But, for peace of mind I'm starting this thread and moving a copy of the users posts over here so it can be definitively answered. Thanks :)

A bit of a messy move, apologies Support staff :)

From the 'Contact Us' page (which quotes a FAQ):

# Why can't I log in? My password doesn't work!

If you have forgotten your password, or you haven't changed your password since October 2005, you need to have it reset using the password reset form. Your new password will be sent to the email account saved in your settings. If your email account is no longer valid, then unfortunately there is no way to gain access to your bluelight account and you must create a new one.

# Why can't I post?

Your account could be waiting on email verification. If you have recently registered or changed your email address, you must verify your email address by following the link mailed to you. Make sure to check your junk mail folders for the activation email. If you can't find the activation email, you can resend the activation email.

....The email address that was and still is active is the one listed as my MSN address, surely there's a way to remedy this.

It seems you have the power to remedy this.

Sorry mate, the one post I didn't copy and move over here was this one;

*Bolded important bit*

I'd be one of those whose nicks you've forgotten insomnia

I stopped posting when the whole password reset thing happened years ago and I had an inactive email address in my profile. I don't suppose there's any way around it?

This is the first time I've stopped by in many a year and clicked the ol' Aus Social, and BAM, all these old faces. Still talk to some of you through the intertubes and Facebookings.

Anyhow, I think I'm starting to get scattered just looking at this board. I must go.

So I guess that means the email address he had linked to Bluelight was different to the email they had appearing in their MSN contact. And that section of the FAQ clears it up, thank you TLB.