• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Rave swag

Keaton

Bluelighter
Someone care to explain the gas mask thing? Is it aesthetic or does it serve some purpose? Seems like it'd just make you hotter than shit and make it hard to breathe?

Last edited:
as far as I know they put vicks or someother smelly shit in it like we used to do with dustmasks and some do with bandannas....other than that, its just people think they look cool with them on or it gets them attention in some way.

I remember when I was in high school (2002) it was just cool for the goth raver kids (gravers) to wear gas masks... Looking back on it, I'm pretty sure those who rolled put Vicks in it. And I've seen ones on certain sites that have lights in them and shit.

Oh alright. Why don't they just put the vicks on their chest tho... Haha idk I guess it's a matter of having the money for it..

Last edited:
Because it looks cool too? I dunno. I have some transformer masks that we painted and put neon wire on that look super cool, but are hard to wear at raves. Now I'm thinking it totally might be worth it to slather Vicks on the inside of them...

Vicks all over your face i gotta say is gross. Gas masks look dumb imo. No offense to any gas mask ravers. I wear a bandana over my face only wen im rollling crazy hard because i look insanely evil and retarded while flashing my faces of death. My faces are on another level especially wen i see lights.

at a real rave, you come disguised as you please... never seen people in gas larks, but they might come-in handy if theres a rave a churnobill ;)

Some people put vicks or poppers onto the filter - I would hate wearing one though as I get so hot when dancing anyway.

it has NOTHING to do with looks or fashion, maybe it does now but back when it started it was all about effectiveness, not swag. you use Vicks Vaporub and smear it on the inside of a disposable painter's mask - close to where your nostrils will be, strap on and it's like a constant mild vick's up your nose, keeps you rolling harder if you dig the Vicks like most people do. definitely have to come up for air after awhile. maybe now it's a fashion thing but it didn't used to be.

i remember these back in the 90's this is nothing new, damn you guys make me feel old

But then im like wtf am i a bank robber? Who cares my jaw is locked!

lol same bro!! too funny, stay away from the light.

yeah I thought the gas mask with lights looked sick, but how effective would it be? Because i like to DANCE, wayyyy too restrictive. So I just use some other things and have a bandana with a gas mask on it so when its folded up and you put it over your face it looks pretty dope IMO but thats what i like, everyone has their own style

Like these types of "ravers"?

"Yo BROH, You wanna Lightshow?"
RaverMaskGlowSticks430.jpg

"I totally just put dust off in my mask with vicks cause it makes me roll harder. My friends got some VitC and were gunna take some at the after party. Jah"
8)

Like these types of "ravers"?

"Yo BROH, You wanna Lightshow?"
RaverMaskGlowSticks430.jpg

"I totally just put dust off in my mask with vicks cause it makes me roll harder. My friends got some VitC and were gunna take some at the after party. Jah"
8)

do you have an aversion to "these types of ravers"?

Just remember...back in the day...if you weren't this type of raver...you were the strange one.

it's called a dual cartridge respirator, and it serves the purpose of filtering out harmful toxins from going into your system. some people that rave are just super paranoid so they wear them to stay safe!

What kind of toxins are in the air at raves? Are they being overly paranoid? Or are there cases of people getting really sick after going to raves? Like, sickness that isn't related to having a bad dose or not takin care of themselves.

As far as I know, the gas mask originated when raves were often held out in the desert. I should add, at least where I live...Utah, Nevada and California, they wanted a way to keep whatever they had on their face their and not be covered in dirt since it's windy.

Last edited:
Oh ok. Well that makes sense. When there's a bunch of people dancing in the dirt theres obviously gonna be stuff in the air. Haha

What kind of toxins are in the air at raves? Are they being overly paranoid? Or are there cases of people getting really sick after going to raves? Like, sickness that isn't related to having a bad dose or not takin care of themselves.

after edc i had liquid shits a cough and plugged nose cough and plugged nose lasted 3 weeks liquid bum squirts lasted a day or two....you get a bunch of people with god only knows what kinda personal hygeine congregated germs will spread. i wear my white gloves all around my house and they stay white, 10 minutes into a rave they are grey, raves are dirty.