• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Post rolling: sore throat, tongue...

diabelli

Bluelighter
I took 2 blue stars this past Monday, and had a great time. I noticed, however, they made me more dehydrated than perhaps any other pills. I discovered next morning that I had symptoms of sore throat, and my tongue also feel like they have sores and is raw as though it suffered a bad burn. I also realized that it's so severe that my taste buds are affected - the ability to taste sweetness and saltiness has been dulled.

Is this normal? Kind of freaked out...

Now the real question is, did you overdo it on any form of candy? binky? anything? Did you smoke like a chimney?

Lots of things can affect your wellbeing the next day after rolling.

I know that if I eat more than like 4 or 5 jolly rancher lolly pops one right after the other, my tongue is in for it. And smoking menthols with a combo of inhaling the shit out of vics makes my throat hurt in the morning and then some a few days later.

Maybe you caught a cold?

Not really sure what to tell you! I hope you feel better though! Hydrate and be popping those vitamins! :)

I get that all the time.. its from having a dry mouth and constantly rubbing your tongue between your top and bottom teeth.. wether you're aware of doing it or not xP

I get the sore throat too.. dunno why though.

you've justy given your immune system a v hard time, if there were any germs around they probably had a field day.

Everything you described has happened to me several times. Just take care of yourself (eat well, drink lots of water) and it will clear up in a couple of days. Don't be tempted to scratch/scrape your tongue, because it will slow the healing process. Eating ice cream helps, too. :)

Everything you described has happened to me several times. Just take care of yourself (eat well, drink lots of water) and it will clear up in a couple of days. Don't be tempted to scratch/scrape your tongue, because it will slow the healing process. Eating ice cream helps, too. :)
Same here, but don't eat too much salty stuff for a couple of days either, it will put more soarbess on ur tongue and that really sux. If u don't have ice-cream try ice cubes:)

Same here, but don't eat too much salty stuff for a couple of days either, it will put more soarbess on ur tongue and that really sux. If u don't have ice-cream try ice cubes:)
Well, it is important to restore electrolyte levels while you rehydrate, so if you avoid salty foods, drink sports drinks (like gatorade).

What really trips me out is the loss of taste buds... never had this happen before. I'd say that my sense of taste is dulled by 50% or more...

Gatorade is a good idea! I only had the tastebud thing happen when I started doin ecstacy last summer but now I do Molly and it doesn't do it anymore. But the day after I would do e I just wouldn't eat anything cuz I couldn't taste it or tasted really gross, but don't do that lol, u gotta eat:)

I think this is due to both a dry mouth and dehydration. I've never been able to figure it out, either, but it's happened to me several times. The day after rolling at a music festival in Indio, my mouth was in so much pain that I was completely miserable. I dropped acid the next day and all I could think about was how much my tongue hurt. And it lasted for over a week! My sense of taste was destroyed, but it didn't really matter because my tongue hurt so badly that there was no way I could really eat anyway. It hurt to swallow, drink, eat hot or cold food... It sucked. I felt like there were sores on my tongue, too. Still don't know exactly why my mouth got so fucked up from that roll. I'm not really one to chew/grind my teeth during a roll.

Taking magnesium before rolling can help reduce the jaw grinding and stupid tricks your tounge /teeth conspire to do against you.

When your done then rinsing your mouth/gargle with salty cold water is a great way to clean the mouth and will also reduce some of the pain associated. Ive also found that disolving a pain killer into the water really helps.

Another great thing to have in your post rave armoury is a medicated mouth spray/wash :)

I agree with Bearlove IMO I have rolled with and without magnesium several times and I truly believe magnesium is much more than placebo. It really calms down those nerves in your jaw that for whatever reason just wanna push down so bad.

I get this thing with my tounge not where it feels like sores or necessarily burned, but it feels like it is, along with the roof of my mouth, completely bruised. As if all night lost in the trance of dubstep im just bobbing my head and my nerves (unknownlingly to my body of course) are just firing and jamming my tounge against the roof of my mouth.

The back of my neck is always sore from bobbing too lol. Oh well, temporary side effects well worth the month-long afterglow of a good ol event