• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Antibiotics & E Question

pollenxsalt

Greenlighter
I already searched through bluelight and did not get an answer to this, hence why I am posting.

I am currently on an antibiotic Metronidazole (500Mgs) and was curious is a good idea to have E while on it? I'm just making sure because I'm not sure if I'll end up doing it or not.

Thanks.

That is an antibiotic that you can have such a severe allergic reaction if exposed to any alcohol (ie mouthwash, etc) that you can die. I wouldn't recommend it, just to be safe.

Definitely know the alcohol portion to it. But thanks for the reminder of the mouthwash, I didn't think of that! lol I don't plan on taking any alcohol, but curious if taking ecstasy would be bad. But yes, you are right.

Check out the big anti biotics and mdma thread in the Directory.

Definitely know the alcohol portion to it. But thanks for the reminder of the mouthwash, I didn't think of that! lol I don't plan on taking any alcohol, but curious if taking ecstasy would be bad. But yes, you are right.

I figured you were intelligent enough to not drink with it, esp since they stress no alcohol of any kind with it. My concern was just that if you were to accidentally use something topical containing alcohol, or anything of the sort. I would hate for anyone to get sick, I've taken that medication a couple times myself, I had a bad infection after my son was born. I believe they say wait 72 hrs, somewhere around there after the Rx is finished for alcohol, because that's how long it takes to get out of your system. If it were something simpler like augmentin or keflex, I would say no prob, but I'd err on the side of safety this time. Have fun when you do roll :) <3

Dunno about your specific antibiotic but i take doxycycline, 200mg a day. I've rolled once since I started taking antibiotics and had no problems whatsovever.

Maybe take a half dose of the antibiotic the day of if you're worried but I bet you wont even notice any difference either way.

I did the antibiotics/MDMA combo over a year ago (maybe not smart) and was fine- it didn't change the experience, or my recovery from the chest infection I had. That said- I am not familiar with the type of antibiotics you are on, and it could be entirely different. My advice would be to wait until you're done taking antibiotics to roll- MDMA seems to suppress the immune system as it is.

I finally did find an answer to the question: metronidazole increases your risk for seizures, so I would consider that quite unsafe. Just finish the course of medication, wait at least 48 hrs, preferably longer, since the types of infection this typically treats can be pretty bad, then eat your pills, etc. Happy rolling :D

^Glad you found your answer - just to add to the alcohol list, those handwash rubs also. Not just on yourself but some places like hospitals can have residue on the door handles if somebody has just walked out so be careful.

Eek! Yeah definitely won't do it then if offered. Thank you so much guys for the information! I truly appreciate it. :)