• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How long does it take for tolerance to decrease?

JHJP93

Greenlighter
Last Monday I got some MDMA powder from my friend that gave me one of the best rolls I ever had... When I told my buddies they were dying to try it, so 3 days later we went to go get more.

I've rolled about 11 times now (2 of those being in the past week, which is a lot for me), and my roll on Monday was amazing, but the one a couple days later wasn't as good. I know that it takes a while for your serotonin to replenish but I didn't know it would affect the high as much as it did. I thought by taking more I'd be able to achieve the same high, but it didn't work out.

On Monday I took two 120 mg parachutes about 2 hours apart and rolled hard for about 5-6 hours. A few days later I took 600mg of powder throughout the night (200 mg at a time). The first hit gave me a pretty chill, happy, comfortable buzz but it didn't seem to have any of the "touchy-feely" aspects; which is one of my favorite parts. I noticed that I peaked pretty slowly and it didn't last that long, so I took my second one, which basically had the same effect (maybe even a bit less). By the time I took the third one it pretty much had the same effect on me as speed, I felt really restless and twitchy, with no euphoric feelings at all and I didn't even really feel like talking. When I came down I felt brain-dead and had a really bad headache.

I was planning on doing some in about 2 weeks or so, do you think I'll be able to get my full high by then?

Note: It was the same powder both times.

Ok, I can't tell you about tolerance but I can tell you that you should space out your rolls by at least a month. It'll give you time to get your seretonin back to baseline levels. Also, to help with the replenishing you should take 5htp after you roll. Its a Supplement that you can buy at costco at $20 for 150 100mg tabs. Trust me it's worth the investment.

You can actually get it at Costco? I always heard that you needed a prescription.. I don't know if it makes any difference but I live in Canada.

Yea thats where I got mine. Idk if living in Canada will make a difference...i wouldn't think that it'd matter. Just go check it out. Also try GNC idk if you have those in Canada... They have it there but it is significantly more expensive.. $20 for 30 50mg capsules.. Obviously the tabs at Costco are a better deal. Haha

nah man, 5htp can be found at most grocery stores too, walmarts etc.

no prescription needed. i advise it as well as magnesium. helps with the sore jaw.

i know if i did what u did, i would need a month at least to be close to baseline levels. i would probably need 2 to actually be at the point where 240mg's would produce the desired effects to me again.

rolling like you did would make me so pissed because then i would have to wait even longer to get the effects again.

maybe you should chalk this one up as lesson learned, because i hope u realized that with mdma, its not about upping the dose to get the high. its about discipline, and letting your brain recover so that the mdma will do its job.

ill bet you that if you do it in two weeks. you will feel half of what you felt the first time you took the two 120mg parachutes. give yourself a solid month, you went in your brain with a shotgun and started unloading on your brain cells and serotonin receptors when you took that 600mg a few days later.

let your body recover, eat healthy, exercise , and take 5htp for a month at least before you try again, is my opinion.

yea your tolerance never goes back down unless u take 5htp. =/ been rolling for awhile now. i used to need about 240-300 to get me rolling. after i took 5htp need only about 100mg? idk but its amazing.

Depending on your body you would probably feel a difference within just a few weeks - spacing your rolls out by a few months at a time (or some people think one month) is the best way to avoid tolerance buidling in the first place.

i used to roll weekly for years and still rolled everytime, sure the experience changed but i was still satisfactorily rolling. some severe but short-term negative consequences did come from that. then i took a break for 2 years and rolled again and it was almost as good as my first time again cuz i had entirely forgotten what it was like. if you want the roll to really mean something to you deeply, then the longer you wait the better and restraining from other euphoric drugs also will make it just that much more incredible when you do drop. but if you want to roll regularly then do it once a month. once a week isn't too bad (for me) but over time it caused some issues. everyone's different but stick to once a month.

Tolerance seems to take about a month to fully reverse after a single modest dose of MDMA. Larger doses or more frequent use will increase the recovery time; I would strongly recommend a break of at least three months for people who start having persistent memory problems, anxiety, etc.

There are a lot of things that affect how quickly you'll recover from getting high, including your genetics, overall health, environmental stress, etc., so there isn't an absolute one-size-fits-all rule, but generally it's best to use MDMA less than once a month. Some people don't seem to be bothered by more frequent long-term use, while some people need to wait more than a month between uses to avoid problems, so pay attention to how you're feeling. If you notice any symptoms increasing (such as more trouble remembering words or irritability) take a nice long break.