• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Withdrawal from Tramadol is the WORST ever!

skittlezzzz

Bluelighter
I have had withdrawals from any drug you can think of legal and illegal. But i have got to say that my withdrawal from Tramadol has been the absolute worst.

I am out of pills and have no way of getting more. Is there anything that will make me feel at least a little bit better and maybe help me sleep?

Loperamide (imodium) for the opioid w/d and diphenhydramine or doxylamine (benadryl/unisom II) for the snri w/d.

Loperamide to help ease opiate WDs, and for certain ease the stomach issues related with WDs. I have used loperamide before while in a bind and bought for the solo purpose of stopping the stomach issues, but it worked out to actually stop all Wds without a high. Loperamide used properly can help with the WDs GREATLY, I would suggest getting some and using it.

The only thing that has ever worked for sleep while in WDs other than Benzo's was, time. I tried diphenhydramine to help myself sleep one night during peak WDs and I found for me, that it increased my restless legs(arms). diphenhydramine, might not have the same reaction for you, but it made my restlessness worse. I gave up on sleep for about 4 days and then around day 5-6 I was able to sleep longer than twenty minutes.

I would also try and get a good vitamin, Tyrosine, water, power aid, fiber type breads, grains and try and eat as healthly as you can to help your own body do its thing to return to a state of normalness as fast as possible.

There will be NO easy way out. You will have to feel some uncomfortableness coming off but what you can control is the degree(severity) of your WDs. Take comfort in knowing it wont last forever, it will be over with(the peak) in about 5-8 days, and that you might have a few lingering symp's like lack of energy, depression, desire, motivation. In time those feelings will return.

The best thing to do is READ! Aquire as much information you can about opiates/opioids, their effects on the body, their effects on the body after cessation of DOC(drug of choice). The more you know the less you will fear, and or get anxious about. It will give you comfort knowing othes have been there, others have overcome it, and what you can expect during and right after WDs.

Goodluck.

Last edited:
Loperamide (imodium) for the opioid w/d and diphenhydramine or doxylamine (benadryl/unisom II) for the snri w/d.

Excellent advice. The Lope will stop the diarrhea and some of the aches and pain associated with opioid withdrawal and the anti-histamines will help with the brain zaps which to me are even worse than the opioid associated withdrawal symptoms. It's quite easy to taper with Tramadol though, how high was your dose?