• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Withdrawals= the devil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevelle

Bluelighter
And I'm having them from methadone, vicodon, and a crap load of Xanax. I heard that w/ds from Xanax can be 'unsafe'. I only have 2 vics and I know that eating them will do nothing for me so my question is....what's safer: withdrawals from everything, shooting vics, or going to some shitty neighborhood by myself to search for a fix to fix my current situation?

And I'm having them from methadone, vicodon, and a crap load of Xanax. I heard that w/ds from Xanax can be 'unsafe'. I only have 2 vics and I know that eating them will do nothing for me so my question is....what's safer: withdrawals from everything, shooting vics, or going to some shitty neighborhood by myself to search for a fix to fix my current situation?

Well the first question is: Do you really want to quit, or are you simply just out of pills? If you want to quit I would stay strong and tough it out(easier said than done of course). As for the xanax withdrawal being unsafe, it would have to depend on your dosage I suppose. I'll let the benzo crowd help you with that.

*DO NOT SHOOT THE VICS*.....that is a dangerously unsafe thing to do because of the acetaminophen and fillers, not to mention you shouldn't really shoot any type of pill.

If I were you I would split those vikes in halves, take one half twice a day for the next two days. It won't kill the cravings or the withdrawals, but it will help with some of the symptoms..at least it usually does in my case. Tapering is usually key but with only two left your in a bit of a tough situation.

I've never even heard of someone shooting Vics, its pretty unsafe to say the least. How much were you using? If you were on enough Xanax, it can definitely be unsafe going cold turkey or tapering to rapidly. You can have seizures among other things.

I took over 60 mg of xanax in less then 4 days to cope with opiate w/d and i had a few yesterday among other things...And nothing at all today and I'm starting to feel it

Yeah vicodin (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) should NEVER be IV'd, not only because of the acetaminophen but also Hydrocodone causes a massive histamine reaction when IV'd/IM'd. Hydrocodone can NOT be safely injected at all.

Benzo withdraws can be fatal. Seek medical attention, especially with a tolerance with the need to take up to 20 mg a day. Also, do not even think about IV'ing hydrocodone + apap. It's simply not an option.

I know it's bad to shoot but is it worse than Xanax w/d? I'm already hurting and I know I'll be in my own personal hell in no time

I know it's bad to shoot but is it worse than Xanax w/d? I'm already hurting and I know I'll be in my own personal hell in no time

You're not understanding me here, shooting hydrocodone isn't just bad, it in and of itself could kill you (unlikely) and it won't help benzo withdrawal at all. It would only make it worse.

You need medical attention for benzo withdrawal to prevent life-threatening grand mal seizures. I'd reccomend seeing a doc or going to the ER.

I took over 60 mg of xanax in less then 4 days to cope with opiate w/d and i had a few yesterday among other things...And nothing at all today and I'm starting to feel it

that's a lot of xanax, but do you take benzos every day otherwise? like before you started coping with opiate withdrawal, had you been taking benzos every day for a while? bc if not, then you're probably not going to have benzo w/drawals per se

I don't know how much Xanax you've been taking up until the four days that you took [a total of] 60mg, but that is a lot, and you could be in real trouble.

Withdrawl from Opioids is misery, especially with Methadone from what I understand, but withdrawl from Benzodiazepines such as Xanax can be dangerous if not managed properly.

My suggestion, along with probably everyone else's I'm sure, is to go to the hospital and get help so you can safely taper off of the Xanax. If you aren't willing to do that, then at least call your doctor/a doctor and explain the situation, so that they may assist you through this. Otherwise, you are really taking a chance on your life, and I am not exaggerating.

Please, go get some help for your own sake.

Xanax is worse. You can die.

Never shoot a pill.

See a doctor ASAP about the benzo's.

With dope/pills....you get sick as hell for a week. With Xanax....you can seiz the F up and have somebody close to you, find you dead on your bed the next day.

ive only taken benzos like that this last week to help with the methadone w/d and so far no seizures but i feel like having one would be a nice break away from where im at now. i want to crawl. no scratch that. i want to jump out of my skin right now and i havent been able to find anything to ease it all dam day. some dope would be dope right about now....or even a gun. any last suggestions? and dont worry i wont shoot the vics until ive clawed my own eyes out.

A very small amount of alcohol can help ease your xanax withdrawals. If you only used it for those four days, and have not yet seized, then you should be in the clear.

Tramadol or maybe otc lopermide (Immodium) would be helpful. See the lopermide mega thread, or do a search as it will come up. Tramadol is not otc and would require a script, or going to an online pharmacy to get it. Tramadol itself is addictive and care must be taken not to replace one addiction with another addiction.

Withdrawals from everything, and going to the hospital if you have a seizure or know you will have one.

Shooting vicodin = don't do it.

I am sorry you are in a tight spot but this is a self serving thread and it's not going to be much but speculation about what can be done.

You can go to a methadone clinic, or a Suboxone doctor, or an emergency room. These are your best options.

Status
Not open for further replies.